Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
The Simple Plant Isoquinolines
    #982354 - 10/22/02 11:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok so Alexander Shulgin book is almost out, but what is an Isoquinolines. I only have a very vague idea of it being something to do with psychedelic opiates but i may be wrong. Also any one know of any plant sorces for them.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: The Simple Plant Isoquinolines [Re: EvilGir]
    #983475 - 10/22/02 05:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Isoquinoline and quinoline are a heterogeneous group of alkaloids with a toxicity to humans and animals.

Argemone Mexicana is one that contains these alkaloids.

Some of the alkaloids are: papaverine, sanguinarine, protoverine, and chelidonine. They are gastrointestinal tract irritants, CNS stimulants, and vasodialators.

For example Isoquinoline alkaloids are found in Argemone Mexicana which Salvia England has been posting heavily about lately: pics of his plants and articles about poisonings. It can have effects ranging from relaxation to euphoria and even convulsions or seizures.

I'd suggest reading some of the posts by Salvia England. Especially the one containing many articles regarding its use and poisonings.

Here is a quick excerpt from a plant poisnonings article regarding some common Isoquinolines:

Cytisine is similar in action to nicotine. In any isoquinoline or quinoline ingestion, GI irritation is common, and toxic ingestions almost invariably result in emesis. Onset of symptoms is rapid. GI upset and vomiting start 45 minutes to 4 hours after ingestion. CNS effects include drowsiness, weakness, loss of coordination, muscle fasciculations, seizures, coma, and mydriasis. Some anticholinergic effects, such as urinary retention, may manifest. Respiratory failure, as in nicotine poisoning, is observed in patients with severe cases.

The toxic alkaloids are concentrated in the pealike or brightly colored seeds in laburnum, mescal bean, and lupine. Danger to humans predominantly stems from these seeds' attractive appearance to children.

Most of the isoquinolines are noxious in smell and taste and discourage ingestion, thus human toxicity is rare. Interestingly, some domestic species tolerate ingestion of isoquinoline and other alkaloids, and humans can ingest toxic alkaloids from the milk of a poisoned animal and manifest symptoms.

Celandine and bloodroot may cause dermatitis, and celandine extract has been implicated in cases of acute hepa

OfflineMurple
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Earth
    #983630 - 10/22/02 05:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The book is out, and I guarantee it will bore the hell out of you. Its simply an index of molecular structures. No stories, no trip reports, no effects, no dosages... just a few hundred pages of molecular substitution charts.

Offlinekrispyfi
lumber tyrant
Loc: se usa
Re: The Simple Plant Isoquinolines [Re: Murple]
    #983952 - 10/22/02 07:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i think the story is that he wrote this book just to catalogue and organize all the data he needed to write qihkal, which is coming out soon. don't remeber where i heard this, though... :confused: 

--------------------

If i get into some trouble TURBO BOOST will set me free.
Michael Knight you watch the bass with the K I T T.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: The Simple Plant Isoquinolines [Re: krispyfi]
    #985771 - 10/23/02 06:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Oh well just thourght it could of been a new group of psychedelics. Gues i will leave that book alone and wait just for pihkal.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinecrazyeddie
Swimmer withouta pool
Male

#8504855 - 06/09/08 09:33 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry to dredge this thread up but has anyone read this book yet?

MOD EDIT: Please re-read the rules.

# Links to sponsors are allowed as long as it adds to the value of the thread and is not marketing the product.no non sponsor links are allowed!

# If you need to show a pic that is on a non sponsor, vendor web-page, either embed the picture in your post or upload it(if it is not copyrighted). No names of non sponsor vendors may be posted in the pic.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7399068/an/0/page/0

Edited by felixhigh (06/09/08 09:52 PM)

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: The Simple Plant Isoquinolines [Re: crazyeddie]
    #8509572 - 06/11/08 01:49 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

damn i dont think that book was ever finished... it would have broadened the selection of RC's like... a lot

i just searched it up on google  and it turned up nothing since 2002

its a shame that it hasnt been published, swim would have loved to have tried novel quinoline psychedelics

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden