Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
Tropical Cannabis
    #971804 - 10/18/02 07:34 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hey everybody,

First off I'd like to say that this is a slow forum. It is too bad, because the the use of entheogens that you have grown yourself is a great thing. Not only does it make you independent from the dealers or whatever other source, but it also gives you a new appreciation for plant life. Not to mention the fact that when you grow something yourself you know exactly where it came from and under what conditions it grew.

That said I was wondering if anyone has any knwledge or experience about growing Cannabis in the tropics. I have found that the great majority of Cannabis grown in tropical Latin America is low-grade, shwaggy, brownish, seedy etc.

Why is this? I have been told that in the tropics you can not grow potent forms of Cannabis because the photo-period is to short. So in general you can not grow good outdoor in the tropics.

So, I wondered what is the deal? in Thailand they have supposedly potent Thai sticks and in Hawaii they have potent bud like Maui Wowy. These are both tropical zones how is it that they have potent buds?

If anyone can suggest a Cannabis cultivation page that would be great

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
---Still Searching---

Edited by LOPHO.MP (10/18/02 01:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
Re: Tropical Cannabis [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #971811 - 10/18/02 07:42 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You can most certainly grow potent weed in the topics. The reason that mexican schwag is so brown and seedy is a result of how they grow, package, and transport it. They don't bother to take the male plants out of the field, that's why it is so seedy. Check out www.overgrow.com for lots of good information on how to grow your own. They have some pretty cool forums.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#972966 - 10/18/02 06:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I used to live on the big island of Hawaii, and boy the "Puna" bud was the greatest :smile: It was grown in Puna, which is on the South side of the island, in a giant rainforest that lines the outskirts of the volcano.

Anonymous

#973020 - 10/18/02 06:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The bud from latin america degrades heavily in its transportation. Ive heard of people using seeds from mexican brickweed and getting very nice plants.

They package that shit like mad, its a big industry down there... they dont have to worry about quality.. they can still ship that shit to dry places up here.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #973298 - 10/18/02 08:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

you are right, this forum is running very slowly in the last times... about the weed they're right, if the weed there is not good and seedy it is because they don't pick the males and because of handling/shipping...
if you wanna see that for yourself just save the seeds of your schwag and plant them - it is unbelievable how weed loses quality the bigger the plantations are and the more handling it suffers. you can grow outdoors with no problems...

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: Tropical Cannabis [Re: felixhigh]
    #973969 - 10/19/02 02:03 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

let me ask my friend he has a picture of some bud he grew under a 1000 watt that were just shit seeds from some downtown brown

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: Tropical Cannabis [Re: felixhigh]
    #974667 - 10/19/02 11:50 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

thats my favourite forum !  :smile:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck