Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Razor3lade]
    #9680080 -

Its about 3 or 4 times more than you need to have a decent mild to strong trip


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9680084 -

If I were you I would try it out on my own time by myself or with a buddy before you go so you atleast have some sense of what will happen.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Great Scott]
    #9680087 -

3 or 4????
More like 8 or 9.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: jewunit]
    #9680114 -

yeah..average hit is around 100-150 mics these days i think.

oops no dosage advice

Edited by justin_thyme (01/25/09 11:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: JT]
    #9680133 -

Thank you guys for all your help and suggestions and i am pretty exicted for the show!!


--------------------
"Psychedelics were probably the single most significant experience in my life. Otherwise I think I would be going along believing that this visible reality here is all that there is. Psychedelics didn't give me any answers. What I have are a lot of questions. One thing I'm certain of; the mind is an incredible thing and there are levels of organizations of consciousness that are way beyond what people are fooling with in day to day reality."

~Jerry Garcia
:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: JT]
    #9680140 -

that's how much I did on my first trip


--------------------
There is more joy in heaven over one of us perfected,
  than over ninety-nine naturally evolved angels.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: arainbow]
    #9680175 -

arainbow said:
that's how much I did on my first trip



And you can confirm it was 1200mcg how?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: arainbow]
    #9680195 -

I wish we were all as awesome as you.
Unfortunately I'm not friends with the guy who synths the acid I get (I'm sure you are though), so a few 50 ug hits will suffice.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9680217 -

DeadHead420 said:
No offense but that seems kinda wasteful. i mean you would still learn alot but for me..i want to be out doing stuff and learning new experiences.



That is all fine and good, but you have no idea what tripping feels like. I feel for your first time you should be able to feel the drug out. Acid is more "gentle" than shrooms, but that does not mean its not an INCREDIBLY powerful drug. Nothing you've ever felt prepares you for some of the stuff acid will show you.


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: DeadHead420]
    #9680391 -

DeadHead420 said:
Thank you jewunit. haha you seem like you understand my situation



:rofl:

You feel like he "understands your situation" because he's telling you exactly what you want to hear. The others are making very good points.

The fact that you've never been to a concert and never tripped leads me to recommend against it. It sounds to me like it could be a recipe for a serious freakout.

And on top of that, who knows if it's actually LSD you're getting, or whether it's an RC.

Just too many variables.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9680408 -

So if it weren't his first time and he wasn't at a concert, the possibility of it being an RC wouldn't exist?

I just think almost all of the problems, besides being overwhelmed by large groups of people, can happen if he tries it with a friend at his home or at a concert.

There's no real way to find out if you get overwhelmed by large groups of people unless you do it. Would you recommend even people with experience don't try it at a concert?

And again, it's a Dead concert. That doesn't change anything to you?


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: jewunit]
    #9680453 -

jewunit said:
So if it weren't his first time and he wasn't at a concert, the possibility of it being an RC wouldn't exist?



How the fuck did you get that out of my post? My point was that it's just one more variable. Not only would he be taking acid for the first time in a very crowded an largely uncontrolled and completely unfamiliar environment, but on top of that he wouldn't even necessarily know what drug he's taking.

Quote:
I just think almost all of the problems, besides being overwhelmed by large groups of people, can happen if he tries it with a friend at his home or at a concert.



But freaking out at home with a friend or alone is more manageable in my opinion, compared to freaking out in a big sea of people. Do you really disagree with that? 

Quote:
There's no real way to find out if you get overwhelmed by large groups of people unless you do it.



That's true, but I think that testing that boundary on your first time tripping would make the odds of being overwhelmed a lot lot higher.

Quote:
Would you recommend even people with experience don't try it at a concert?



Of course not. That's only one variable. You already know what tripping is about. You presumably have enough experience to have taken a small sample and determine if it's relaly LSD. So the only variable is the crowded setting. One is a manageable number of variables.


Quote:
And again, it's a Dead concert. That doesn't change anything to you?



For a person's first time, absolutely not. The Dead like to build things to a level of intensity that get a person to the edges of the freaking-out range of tripping. I remember reading an interview with the Dead where they talk about feeding off that energy, pushing the crowd with the music into the far reaches, where minds melt. And that's all well and good... but again, for someone who's never tripped and is utterly unfamiliar with a concert environment... it just sounds like a recipe for a freakout.  I've talked to people who got into some seriously difficult trips when listening to a Dead set that just pushed them too hard.

If it weren't for the fact that he's never been to a concert and never tripped, I'd be all for the idea. But the fact that both those variables exist makes it sound like an idea with a lot of room to go very badly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9680480 -

you don't even know how acid will affect you yet you want to drop in a crowded, unfamiliar place? yeah that sounds like a good idea...


--------------------
we create realitys in our minds based on our own experiences, rather than fact. my experiences in life have been insane, so in reality i am in fact, INSANE...
-ME

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #9680714 -

Shamanintraining said:
DeadHead420 said:
Whats the worst that could happen.. haha i just want to have a kickass time



A bad trip.  IMO, weed and molly are concert drugs.



My success rate with acid and concerts is 3 out of 3.

It's hard to get into a negative mindstate when I am having my mind blown by some mind melting music.

I think a good concert atmosphere is perfect for tripping. :shrug:

So I say...go for it. Just relax and enjoy the music.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: wildchild68]
    #9681071 -

Some people handle well tripping in crowds, others don't. You have no idea what category you are going to fall into and LSD is NOT a short drug. If you do not like if you will have to deal with it for quite some time. You have TONS of time before April to test out the drug, do yourself a favor and get rid of the high and mighty attitude and let LSD humble you the fuck out.


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Rocker232]
    #9681178 -

Rocker232 said:
do yourself a favor and get rid of the high and mighty attitude and let LSD humble you the fuck out.



Is it just me or is this a good example of irony?


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: jewunit]
    #9681225 -

jewunit said:
Rocker232 said:
do yourself a favor and get rid of the high and mighty attitude and let LSD humble you the fuck out.



Is it just me or is this a good example of irony?



If you assume then it can be whatever you'd like it to be. I can only tell him my personal thoughts and I'd tell the same to a close friend of mine. I feel that mushrooms and LSD are extremely powerful drugs and before you go out into the public eye I feel its your responsibility to have a basic understanding of the drug so that you can respect it.

Nothing in my life prepared me for taking mushrooms my first time and when I first started to trip I know that had I been in a crowded place I would have freaked out. If the concert is in April you have 3 months to try it out and to be honest you will be thankful. I feel on my first few trips I missed a lot of what was going by me, but even the gap between the first and the second was major! I mean why not just trip another time before April, it'll be educational and you'll love it even more :vaped:


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Rocker232]
    #9681246 -

No one said anything about making assumptions.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Rocker232]
    #9681256 -

obviously you wanted everyone here to be like "yeah, go for it!" but as you can see many people here are rather careful than reckeless; not to imply that experiencing LSD for the first time at a concert would be reckeless, but rather risky (nothing wrong with being a risker)

it really depends on what kind of person you are, if you feel like you can handle any situation calmly and rationally (which doesn't mean shit when you're on psychedelics for the first time) then go for it; if you have a history of not knowing what to do in akward and hard situations, panic attacks, bad experiences off of being high or drunk and so on then.. you get my point.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Tripper [Re: Rocker232]
    #9681371 -

Quote:
Nothing in my life prepared me for taking mushrooms my first time and when I first started to trip I know that had I been in a crowded place I would have freaked out. If the concert is in April you have 3 months to try it out and to be honest you will be thankful. I feel on my first few trips I missed a lot of what was going by me, but even the gap between the first and the second was major! I mean why not just trip another time before April, it'll be educational and you'll love it even more



QFT!!!

Quoted For Truth....for all the noobs out there


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* day tripper or night tripper?
( 1 2 all )
psilibros05 3,054 23 02/09/05 05:29 PM
by notapillow
* Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Adamist 22,801 175 01/11/05 02:18 AM
by Turd
* The Awesomeness of Outdoor Forest Raves & Concerts! LogicaL ChaosM 1,508 5 06/04/09 06:49 PM
by Coaster
* LiveEarth: Gore announces multi continent rock concert
( 1 2 all )
deadHead321 3,457 21 02/15/07 10:48 PM
by Boom
* Monkeys love the Tripper's FAQ! Monkeys is Funny! RoseM 1,002 8 09/02/04 09:35 AM
by Rose
* Rock concert drug stories! livetoride007 2,452 6 03/04/03 02:42 PM
by Chills420 version2
* Stoners, Trippers: The coolest god damn thing I've seen in a while
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 2,883 24 05/11/09 09:54 AM
by thirdeyeparable
* I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Silversoul 6,380 84 01/19/15 04:29 PM
by fbi365

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,958 topic views. 8 members, 26 guests and 108 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.