Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: CosmicFool]
    #9622201 -

CosmicFool said:
I can't stand white walls  but I like the chess set.
Is there any way to use the x-mas lights to light up the pieces?



I can't stand white walls, then again I Don't like painted plain color walls either... I'm trying to deocrate to take away from the bareness.... Just bought the house last year so I'm still getting things together.


--------------------


Friend- "Dude, A lot of people thought you were a snob in High School"

ME- "What? I didn't even talk to those people"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: Ferris]
    #9622230 -

Great idea but I don't see the checkmate. :confused:


--------------------
Be Here Now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: conan]
    #9622231 -

He said it just marked the turning point of the game.  Confused me first too


--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: Ferris]
    #9622248 -

Ferris said:
I expressed myself by throwing out all my furniture and organizing my shit into piles that tend to merge into one another.



ah ha.

:strokebeard:

interesting.


--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9622265 -

mozartvicious said:
I arranged the pieces on the board to mirror the exact locations of the pieces at the end of game 3

and marked the turning point that would ultimately place Bobby Fischer as 11th time World Champion.

Well, what I did was super-glued the pieces to the board to replicate the end of the game when Spassky lost,




Hmm...? I don't really know what he was saying.


--------------------
Be Here Now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: conan]
    #9622295 -

where did you find the piece placement?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: conan]
    #9622304 -

I don't know much about chess, but don't really fucking good players often end matches moves before they're actually don't?


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9622331 -

That's pretty sweet. I'd recommend having a bunch of Christmas lights closer to them though, it's look amazing with all the different light going through.

I have Christmas lights on my ceiling too... pretty rad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9622436 -

Be ready to give that detailed explanation to everyone who comes into your place for the first time and says "What is that?"

Then get ready for the response of a long drawn out "Ohhhhh...." where the person has a wtf look on their face.

other than that, I like it.


--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9622475 -

Seems like a cool idea to me.
Take her off the ceiling though, that looks weird.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: conan]
    #9626460 -

conan said:
Great idea but I don't see the checkmate. :confused:



Fischer was Black, and king-checked with the bishop.... this is when Spassky resigned.

In chess tournaments you don't often actually see a checkmate.


And yes, that is what the board looked like at the end of the game.

You can watch the entire game here, if you're interested.
Link:
http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1044727


--------------------


Friend- "Dude, A lot of people thought you were a snob in High School"

ME- "What? I didn't even talk to those people"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I need a roomate... Hans_Moleman 1,307 14 08/29/03 02:31 AM
by Hans_Moleman
* How lame can a person get? This lame. (VERY NERDY & DRAMA) theuser 1,450 14 04/29/07 02:09 PM
by Legend9123
* Weird Al - White and Nerdy Plok 1,205 13 09/19/06 01:36 PM
by kake
* Roomate Wanted John 628 3 09/08/03 12:13 AM
by SizzlinJ
* THE ISLAND IDEA Blue_JAY 1,754 19 12/20/02 01:17 AM
by G a n j a
* Start of a rap what you think?
( 1 2 3 all )
jamzymc 2,472 47 03/05/18 11:33 AM
by mapleleafmarijuana
* I think someone drugged me!! ToTheSummit 6,883 15 11/29/02 12:26 AM
by rain_angel
* thinking of getting some of my art printed... Smack31 2,443 16 06/21/22 02:08 AM
by gamergod88

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,591 topic views. 8 members, 222 guests and 91 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.