Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics)
    #9615899 -

but I dunno, I thought it was pretty cool. 

In an unprovoked moment of clarity I mustered up some "artistic" inspiration and took an old, but nice, Glass Chess set (I don't play on glass sets anymore because it's too confusing, so I figured I'd use it for something) and did some 'work' to it.

I arranged the pieces on the board to mirror the exact locations of the pieces at the end of game 3, World Chess Championship 1972 (one of the most famous matches ever)
Between Boris Spassky V.S. Robert J. Fischer, game 3 being the first game Bobby Fischer had ever Won against Spassky... and marked the turning point that would ultimately place Bobby Fischer as 11th time World Champion.

Well, what I did was super-glued the pieces to the board to replicate the end of the game when Spassky lost, and then when it was dry, I fixed it onto the ceiling of my upstairs 'living room'.

So as a decoration I now have a glass chess set with Spassky V.S. Fischer on my ceiling.

It might be nerdy, but I like it.

EDIT:  Some pics, Sorry for the size, I couldn't figure out how to make 'em smaller











Edited by mozartvicious (01/16/09 03:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9615924 -

Definitely nerdy but cool concept. Why on the ceiling?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9615926 -

Haha, that is pretty cool.
If it is what you like, don't worry about what other people think :wink:


--------------------
GetBakedOrDieTry said: i know for a fact that u can buy marijuana seeds online that aren't "live" yet... Does this apply to shroom seeds as well?
Wortiesbo said: lol shroom seeds? i bet you think cheerios are doughnut seeds...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9615927 -

Hahahahahaha :rofl2:


Fuck if its nerdy... fucking brilliant!!

I second your choice!

I love doing shit like that...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: boletusoftruth]
    #9615932 -

pics please!


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: DeathCompany]
    #9615953 -

DeathCompany said:
Definitely nerdy but cool concept. Why on the ceiling?



Just to see how well the super glue holds :wink:


--------------------


Friend- "Dude, A lot of people thought you were a snob in High School"

ME- "What? I didn't even talk to those people"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9615968 -

mozartvicious said:
DeathCompany said:
Definitely nerdy but cool concept. Why on the ceiling?



Just to see how well the super glue holds :wink:



Awesome idea.  I approve.  :thumbup:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9615985 -

Not nerdy to me thats interesting and out of the ordinary!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #9615990 -

boxcarguy07 said:
pics please!



I'll post pics early tomorrow, I let my sister use my digi-cam while she was in Florida.
They actually should be home soon, they're supposed to be back before the weekend starts... maybe I could get her to swing by with it tonite if she doesn't come back too late... but yeah, I'll definately post some up.


--------------------


Friend- "Dude, A lot of people thought you were a snob in High School"

ME- "What? I didn't even talk to those people"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #9615991 -

boxcarguy07 said:
pics please!




--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9615993 -

I'm a big fan of putting things on ceilings, I've been thinking about a toilet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: Jive turkey]
    #9616037 -

that is definitely nerdy but fuckin sweet in the process. Great idea man.  :rockon:


--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:



Song of the week list in journal.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: Tedwilto]
    #9616072 -

I don't understand the concept of nerdy -
something involves a high level of thinking so is tagged negatively?
Fucking anti-intellectualism.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: Jive turkey]
    #9616132 -

It would be good if it had a meat cigar inside.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: Ego Death]
    #9621882 -

Pics up now


--------------------


Friend- "Dude, A lot of people thought you were a snob in High School"

ME- "What? I didn't even talk to those people"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9621906 -

I think it's cool but what the fucks up with the christmas lights.


--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: King Koopa]
    #9621957 -

Ah, got lazy, Haven't taken 'em down yet... I put 'em up for a christmas party... it's upstairs where we were all smoking pot, cool little chill spot.


--------------------


Friend- "Dude, A lot of people thought you were a snob in High School"

ME- "What? I didn't even talk to those people"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9621974 -

I can't stand white walls  but I like the chess set.
Is there any way to use the x-mas lights to light up the pieces?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9622005 -

that's pretty neat.

i get tired of being in homes with symmetrically placed paintings bought from target, furniture from ikea, pointless vases of decorative sticks in the corner, etc..

i like to walk into homes that uniquely express the indivdual(s) that live there.

i try to set up my apartment with that in mind... and it feels much more magical and like a proper home that way.  it seems it makes freaks feel right at home and squares feel a bit uncomfortable.  which seems about right.


--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My roomate thinks this was a nerdy idea (pics) [Re: two_rivers]
    #9622148 -

I expressed myself by throwing out all my furniture and organizing my shit into piles that tend to merge into one another.


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I need a roomate... Hans_Moleman 1,307 14 08/29/03 12:31 AM
by Hans_Moleman
* How lame can a person get? This lame. (VERY NERDY & DRAMA) theuser 1,450 14 04/29/07 12:09 PM
by Legend9123
* Weird Al - White and Nerdy Plok 1,204 13 09/19/06 11:36 AM
by kake
* Roomate Wanted John 628 3 09/07/03 10:13 PM
by SizzlinJ
* THE ISLAND IDEA Blue_JAY 1,754 19 12/19/02 11:17 PM
by G a n j a
* Start of a rap what you think?
( 1 2 3 all )
jamzymc 2,471 47 03/05/18 09:33 AM
by mapleleafmarijuana
* I think someone drugged me!! ToTheSummit 6,883 15 11/28/02 10:26 PM
by rain_angel
* thinking of getting some of my art printed... Smack31 2,442 16 06/21/22 12:08 AM
by gamergod88

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,590 topic views. 3 members, 63 guests and 172 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.