Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIchydai
BeginnerMycologist
Loc: Dark Side of the Moon
I need some type of medicinal mushroom...
    #923433 - 10/01/02 05:20 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My friend was just diagnosed with a non-cancerous tumor in between some of her ribs. She can't get it operated on, because it will take over a year for her to recover from it (they would have to breajk apart some of her ribs to get at the tumor). The docs offered her some radiation pills, but who knows what type of side-effects those will have. Anyways, my question: Is there a type of mushroom (or any other plant) that can help her out? Thanks to all in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: I need some type of medicinal mushroom... [Re: Ichydai]
    #923833 - 10/01/02 07:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Many mushrooms have anti-tumor properties. From what I know they are usually being used after chemotherapy. I would definitely go trough official medical treatment first.

Here is a table from www.fungi.com:

I suggest that you check the "Medicinal mushrooms" on this site: www.mushworld.com. It has many interesting articles.

Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
Re: I need some type of medicinal mushroom... [Re: zeronio]
    #928003 - 10/03/02 08:19 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Great, now Stamets will be after us for copyright violation ;-p

-psyco

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Re: I need some type of medicinal mushroom... [Re: psyconaut]
    #930657 - 10/04/02 01:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I cannot edit it anymore, but maybe you could. Just remove [image] tags from the link to the table.

Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
    #935033 - 10/05/02 05:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I was teasing. There are things on this site that are far more likely to get us in trouble :wink:

-psyco 

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

OfflineGSAfarmer
Mycotopian
Loc: Mycotopia
    #935952 - 10/06/02 02:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Reishi all the way......peace

--------------------

GSAfarmer Joshua

"Don't live someone elses dream."..........GSAfarmer

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #952844 - 10/11/02 03:10 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

WOw, what an excellent graph!
On a diet of reishi and cordyceps, one could expect never to get ill  :cool:

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Anonymous

#955416 - 10/12/02 04:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

a company i worked for recently has an R&D budget of 1.2 billion... 12% of that budget was in fungal biology research...

why do u think thayt is???  :wink:

the chart in the string pointed to 4 of the mushrooms i would have suggested... cordyceps, maitake, shitake and reishi. ironically the same 4 species we will attempt to cultivate on a small scale on the second floor above our garage. my sister is months away from graduating a radiology/ nuclear medicine program at saint barnabus and she is already convinced the field she studied in fails it?s patients...

there is a new paradigm in medicine... actually it?s an old paradigm ... being embraced by courageous physicians who are purposely loosing their license to practice medicine by following simple protocols laid out decades ago... their cases will be heard in high courts... unless the a.m.a. backs off... we will see...

i?ve learned this in my 43 years... all disease can be reversed and everything we need to be healthy and happy is provided to us by the earth...

i can discuss these protocols and provide study resource... i?m not sure if this is the proper forum and i don?t want to jeopordize the shroomery because thisresearch is highly debated and laws have been passed to protect the medical establishments 1.4 trillion dollar cash cow... let me know the closest major city ur friend lives near and i will find out if there are competant doctors in that area to learn more about all of this... take care ...

Anni

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: I need some type of medicinal mushroom... [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #955555 - 10/12/02 05:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

>On a diet of reishi and cordyceps, one could expect never to get ill

Try this at home :wink: 

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Re: I need some type of medicinal mushroom... [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #958970 - 10/14/02 02:43 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure if we can believe everything here. This table was made by someone who also sells the products.
Remember the research about iron levels in spinach and benfits of sodium flouride (NaF) for teeth which were sponsored by manufacturers and turned out to be fake.

Offlineaural
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
    #959354 - 10/14/02 09:26 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I feel I should stand up for both Stamets's integrity and the validity of the data.

Christopher Hobbs has a book, "Medicinal Mushrooms", that is packed full of medical references.But I think the thing to remember is that in most cases,studies were done on concentrated or purified fractions that came from mushrooms.But there also are mushrooms that have proven health benefits when consumed as food or tea (Reishi,Shiitake).

OfflineIchydai
BeginnerMycologist
Loc: Dark Side of the Moon
    #961245 - 10/14/02 09:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

:frown: My friend started to take the radiation pills, and since then, she has been feeling worse than before... Also, her attitude has gone down the shitter. She thinks the world has turned its back on her and everything sucks. I'm pretty sure its the radiation pills that are affecting her negatively. I talked to her about the mushrooms, but whenever I mention it, she just says "No". No discussion, end of conversation. I wish people in this world would just open them up to new things... I guess its her loss. :frown:

Anonymous

#962457 - 10/15/02 07:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

u probablty know this already... u can?t force people to do anything they?re not into... if the head is?nt there... healing is less complete... I know there?s a shift occuring in medicine... pharmaceuticals researchers study these these thousands upon thousands of compounds...  their job is to subtley alter a molecule and test it to see if it has the same therapeutic effect as the the one NATURE produced... whats the problem with the molecule found in nature?

it can?t be patented... economics and a need to divert more money each year into an industry that needs a percentage of us to remain sick in order to insure the money continues coming in...how else can dr pompous-ass afford the new beamer and get on the golf links twice a week...

give the body the proper tools it needs to heal itself.... CLEAR THE MIND OF ALL THE TRASH... work on urself...  nature provides... peace2u!  :smile:

Anni   

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures