Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
More on 'Requiried Reading"
    #960457 -

I hope you do all visit one of my absolute must reads on a night likethis: S&P Forum. That not Standard and Poors, as I once thought....Its Spirituality and Philosophy Forum. (I believe it may have a 'new Name Now' - But pple who go, know its the same place. but, as usual, I digress.

I reccommend a 3 x weekly perusal of the Forum. I go a bit more, but its like a soap opera. which I say I hate, but just have no time to do silly shit anymore.
meh.
-ooD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Books For Future Group Discussion (Post Vote) [Re: Anonymous]
    #960565 -

Well, Ive read all of Gaiman's novels. Neverwhere was my first, and is still my favorite, closely followed by American Gods. I just finished his new novel for young adults, Coraline in what sitting, and it was another excellent read. Right now im reading In Search of Captain Zero by Allan Weisbecker. Another suggestion of mine is Twelve by Nick McDonnell. Its a truly incredible book, and I recommend it to anyone, and i would make another great candidate for discussion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Books For Future Group Discussion (Post Vote) [Re: Anonymous]
    #961121 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Books For Future Group Discussion (Post Vote) [Re: Anonymous]
    #962979 -

aldous huxley: _island_


--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Books For Future Group Discussion (Post Vote) [Re: Anonymous]
    #963007 -

herman hesse: _magister ludi (the glass bead game)_
lenny bruce: _how to talk dirty and influence people_  :wink:
olaf stapledon
cordwainer smith
zenna henderson (the people stories)
theodore sturgeon: _godbody_
masters & houston: _mind games_
wellll.......


--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Books For Future Group Discussion (Post Vote) [Re: Anonymous]
    #978031 -

Well, for all those out there who are heavily political, interested in fiction, and very interested in what I like to call "the human experience".....I'd recommend "ISHMAEL" by Daniel Quinn.......for those who don't know of the book, all I can say is that it's about a telepathic gorilla that describes what's fundamentally wrong with human civilization....need I say more?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Books For Future Group Discussion (Post Vote) [Re: Shadler77]
    #981909 -

I don't read much new fiction, cos I dislike a lot of modern authors. One "classic" book I've been wanting to read for ages is
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
But I don't know if that appeals to your guys tastes though.

One incredible recent book, though, is
The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver.
Stunning book. I would like to read it again anyway.


--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Edited by mr_kite (10/22/02 04:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Anonymous]
    #982527 -


Edited by Newt (10/22/02 10:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Books For Future Group Discussion (Post Vote) [Re: Anonymous]
    #983444 -

Im gonna vote for any Gaiman novel, just because of the way his words flow. Ive never gotten tired of reading Gaiman. I have to space myself out a couple chapters at a time, so I dont end up staying all night reading. I'd love to go back and read Neverwhere, American Gods, Stardust, or Good Omens :cool: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Books For Future Group Discussion (Post Vote) [Re: Anonymous]
    #983460 -

I don't have much too contribute here, since I'm not a huge reader.  I enjoy reading, but most of choice of literature has been crap.  (you know the usual, Stephen King, stuff like that--nothing of real literary quality)  I'd like to expand my literary horizons, so anything you guys recommend, I'll give a shot.  You guys seem to know your shit. :smile: 


--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Anno [Re: ]
    #986673 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Books For Future Group Discussion (Post Vote) [Re: ]
    #1038397 -

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
COSSSSSSSSSSSSSSMICCCCCCCCCCCCCCc
TRIGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRr

by r. a. wilson

good shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More on 'Requiried Reading" [Re: Anonymous]
    #1123949 -

the book that has had the most influence on my daily life would have to be "The Essentials of Meditation" by David Fontana. "A walk in the woods" by bill bryson is fuckin' hillarious, it's about a guy that hikes the Appalachian trail. fict. "the great and secret show" by clive barker is mostly about lucid dreaming but it's got sex, drugs and some pretty cool shit. I would definately reccomend "Ishmael" and "go ask alice" , "flowers for algernon",fict."animal dreams", "a separate reality" and the "electric kool-aid acid test", fict."the girl who loved tom gordon" are all well written journals. "out of body adventures" by rick stack is pretty mind blowing too...sorry to ramble but i'm wasted, go Rolling Rock! Whooou oh yeah i really liked "the Tao of Pooh" by benjamin hoff and everything by d.m.turner


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More on 'Requiried Reading" [Re: schmutzen]
    #1123963 -

so you should by able to find all of these books at your local libray except the book on meditation and obe's. dmturner has a lot of essays online.


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More on 'Requiried Reading" [Re: schmutzen]
    #1185662 -

namaste "A Walk in the Woods" is hillarious. I read it a couple of winters ago, its a good cure for cabin fever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ishmael johnB` 866 9 11/20/03 09:52 AM
by Prodijal_Son
* Life-Changing Reads unlikelyhero 649 1 12/31/02 04:17 AM
by falcor
* Ishmael Phishe 657 6 09/04/06 08:17 AM
by demiu5
* anyone read ishmael by daniel quinn eggmondo 642 1 03/10/05 10:50 AM
by starptv23
* Books to Read
( 1 2 all )
ivi 4,381 29 01/20/13 06:23 AM
by HipDip
* Has anyone read Foucault's Pendulum? MushyMay 1,035 9 03/13/03 07:41 PM
by Fliquid
* literary agent, novel publishing greenwriter 817 6 08/22/05 07:21 PM
by daimyo
* Grendel seeker 661 3 06/13/02 02:25 PM
by I_Am_Boris

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,779 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 40 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.05 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.