Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Bulk/Dung idea?
    #954422 - 10/12/02 04:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok guys i read maybe on mycotopia about oven bags being used in cultivation? Is there anyway i could use oven bags and then water them with boiling water to dampen after i determine the right amount of water for that amoutn of poo for aroudn 70% humidity in substrate and tieup. Innoculate that with say a quart of rye and then make an outdoor patch using moe's tek with my poo as the bottom casing layer. Alternate with poo and straw. And moe said its fine if grass grows on top of this???

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Bulk/Dung idea? [Re: socratesmind]
    #954503 - 10/12/02 05:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like a plan to me. The oven bags I tried were permeable to moisture. I found the substrate dried out pretty fast. I would double or tripple those bags to provide a better barrier.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: Bulk/Dung idea? [Re: Joshua]
    #954505 - 10/12/02 05:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

And whats a nice spawn:substrate ratio that will help beatout contams?

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#954508 - 10/12/02 05:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

1:5

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: Bulk/Dung idea? [Re: Joshua]
    #954529 - 10/12/02 06:05 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So ideally i could take 10 quarts of rye or whatever and innoc 50 quarts of dung/straw? Also when using bulk pasteurized do you stil have to be melticoulously clean when donig transfers or not so much since the new substr8 has good microbes to promoe mycelia growth and not contams. I mean i'm not going to pick my nose and wipe it in there with dirty hands.

--------------------

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#954545 - 10/12/02 06:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I am just as careful when I spawn bulk substrates as when I am working with agar or doing transfers. It is important at all stages to be sterile. I sterilise my dung, I haven't seen any advantage to pastuerisation. In some species it is important to have bacteria or other microbes present to initiate pinning or to fight competitors.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation