Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Dick Clark on ABC for New Years.
    #9525644 -

Man, I might only be 24 years old, but I do remember Dick Clark from when I was younger. I know he's been around for a long, long time. He was one of the people from my childhood that I really remember because I've always loved music.

He's hosting ABC's New Years 2008 show this year.

I just saw him read something off the teleprompter to take the audience out to commercial. He looked like a robot. It kinda made me sad to see that. I used to listen to his countdowns and shit on the radio, now he's wasting away. He almost sounds like he has Down's Syndrome now.

I forgot, did he have a stroke? Does he have Alzheimer's? What happened to Dick Clark?




Yeah, I could google it, but I'm curious how many other people realized that he is not himself anymore. WTF, yo?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Gumby]
    #9525687 -

Yeah he had a stroke a couple years ago.


--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: zorbman]
    #9525716 -

Until that stroke, he hadn't visibly aged at all for years. I'm convinced that he's actually a robot, and the "stroke" was just a major software glitch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: zorbman]
    #9525718 -

Just woke up my dad (he fell asleep at 9) and asked him about what happened to Dick Clark, he said he had a stroke at least 3 years ago. That's really unfortunate man.

He's been recovering for 3 years. Granted he made a lot of progress, I feel bad for the dude. He used to be one of my favorites. Top 40 weekend deal was the shit. He's completely changed. Getting old is not so awesome.

Edited by Gumby (12/31/08 10:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Gumby]
    #9525906 -

Dick Clark has been doing his NYE show from Times Square since 1972.

But I'm convinced thats only his modern-day TV exploits.  I'm pretty sure he and Tutankhamen were celebrating together 4000 years ago.  Dick Clark is immortal.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Gumby]
    #9525913 -

DICK CLARK WILL DIE


--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9525923 -

ToTheSummit said:
Dick Clark has been doing his NYE show from Times Square since 1972.

But I'm convinced thats only his modern-day TV exploits.  I'm pretty sure he and Tutankhamen were celebrating together 4000 years ago.  Dick Clark is immortal.



Well he needs to improve his immortal persona, he sounds way too much like a robot nowadays. He's not fooling anyone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Gumby]
    #9525936 -

He'll fake his death and re-appear in 100 years or so.  And when he does I'm sure it will be some form of "Top 40 Hits" broadcast via implanted chips which everyone will receive.  No need for TVs or radios, just tune in your mental channel and he'll be there.  And he'll look 25 years old again.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Gumby]
    #9526234 -

My old man called me laughing about Dick Clark just before midnight.

I find myself torn because my mom had a stroke a few years ago and she's still in a wheelchair, but DC was speaking and I couldn't help but giggle a bit.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Crasher]
    #9526256 -

you may find that funny but understand that there's nothing he can do about it; he's doing the best he can.


--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: upinthetrees]
    #9526257 -

I understand completely.





























It's still funny.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Crasher]
    #9526436 -

. . .  Sorry, Dick . . . :peace:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Gumby]
    #11747529 -

He was ATROCIOUS last night.  That was brutal to watch, especially the botched countdown and his little nervous giggle in between.  I think his days are over.  Seacrest in.  :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Gumby]
    #11747548 -

Gumby said:
He used to be one of my favorites. Top 40 weekend deal was the shit.



Wasn't that Casey Kasem?


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: blissedout]
    #11747565 -

Here it is, found it!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Newbie]
    #11747603 -

I think that countdown went:

"15, 14, 12, 10, 11, 10, ..uh 9..."

He got back on track for the all important 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 though...

Poor dick.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Newbie]
    #11748068 -

Newbie said:
He was ATROCIOUS last night.  That was brutal to watch, especially the botched countdown and his little nervous giggle in between.  I think his days are over.  Seacrest in.  :lol:



he had a damn stroke a few years back, give the guy a break


--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: Gumby]
    #11748100 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: upinthetrees]
    #11748125 -

upinthetrees said:
Newbie said:
He was ATROCIOUS last night.  That was brutal to watch, especially the botched countdown and his little nervous giggle in between.  I think his days are over.  Seacrest in.  :lol:



he had a damn stroke a few years back, give the guy a break



wrong, fuck that

this guy should not be on the air

he's been dead since his stroke and has been preserved cyrogenically and is thawed out once a year for new years

obviously the technology is not where it needs to be

he is an abomination

:lol:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dick Clark on ABC for New Years. [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #11748135 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Excerpt from Philip K. Dick's "Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said" OneMoreRobot3021 2,040 11 04/13/06 04:30 PM
by Noviseer
* Kill Ryan Seacrest *DELETED* Talking Head 962 16 07/02/08 05:28 PM
by buckwheat
* I hate Brian Seacrest.... OldSpice 1,196 10 07/07/04 07:57 PM
by MaskedMulatto
* Clark foam closes doors... janelle1502 599 3 12/08/05 08:45 PM
by janelle1502
* ABC Cannabis, FREAKIN AMAZING!! sui 1,054 17 11/28/05 01:45 AM
by sui
* Are the three major TV networks (ABC, NBC, and CBS) going to die? RandalFlagg 1,035 7 08/03/05 08:25 AM
by iluan
* Stanley Clarke-Jazz Bassist-tonight-San Diego-what to do... ToTheSummit 849 7 01/26/08 11:00 PM
by DonkeyShell
* RIP Aurther C Clarke Baeosistine 698 15 03/25/08 08:31 PM
by FunGuyFan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,650 topic views. 9 members, 7 guests and 214 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.