Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Best DMT extraction guide?
    #4583770 - 08/26/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What is the best guide for extracting DMT from Mimosa Hostilis for someone with little to no chemistry knowledge?

http://www.dmtworld.org/teks/qt.htm This one is simple enough, the only thing I don't like is that it takes more than 3 weeks to do.

Loki's guide (from DMT World) seems to only take one day but it seems too advanced for me since I don't want to buy some expensive lab equipment and can't quite follow everything in the tek.

Is there a tek that produces a fairly good (smokeable) quality product in a shorter amount of time, that is easy to follow?

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGamera

Loc: Nonlocal
Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: Plok]
    #4583904 - 08/26/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I recommend this one

http://www.dmtworld.org/printthread.php?t=226

Not as efficient but easier and effective (I hear).

--------------------
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.

Arthur Schopenhauer

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: Plok]
    #4583945 - 08/26/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Use marsofolds tek of the same site. No expensive lab glass.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4585822 - 08/26/05 10:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Here's the Marsofold Tek Quantum just mentioned. It is the easiest Tek around and produces very clean DMT. Check out my DMT trip report in my journal. Peace :sun:

Amazing simple clean DMT extraction
How to easily make DMT:
=======================
Break 1-Pound of Mimosa Hostilis rootbark into 2" pieces and grind it all up in a glass-topped blender, a little at a time.
------------------------------------
Polar Extraction: Premix in an empty 1-Gallon plastic jug: 1-Quart White Vinegar & 3-Quarts Water. Put the ground up Mimosa in a 3-Liter crockpot, then fill it with the water-vinegar solution. Stir well and turn it on "high". After 2 hours, remove the crockpot ceramic liner, hold the lid on slightly offset, and pour off most of the liquid into a 1-gallon wide-mouthed glass or stainless container. Add the remaining water-vinegar solution to the crockpot again. Stir well and turn it on "high". After 2 hours, remove the crockpot ceramic liner, hold the lid on slightly offset, and pour off all of the liquid into the same container again. Discard the rootbark fiber and save the two combined extractions in the 1-gallon container. Allow the vegetable particles in the extraction in the 1-gallon container to settle to the bottom overnight. Then pour off the liquid into an empty 1-Gallon glass wine jug, being careful not to pour off any of the vegetable sludge at the bottom. Discard the sludge and keep the contents of the wine jug.
Basification: Premix in advance a solution of: 5 Tablespoons (63grams) of Sodium Hydroxide ("Red Devil" lye) with 1-Pint of WARM Water. Stir well. Slowly add this solution to the wine jug, then cap the jug. Gently tilt the wine jug back and forth for 1 full minute to mix the contents.
Nonpolar Extraction: Add 250ml of (Ace Hardware)VM&P Naptha to the wine jug. Add exactly enough warm water to the jug to raise the liquid level to an inch below the top, then cap the jug. Gently tilt the wine jug slowly back and forth for 5 full minutes to mix the contents. Allow the jug to sit undisturbed on a table for at least 4 hours. There should now be two layers visible in the jug, a lower dark one and a smaller clear one on top filling the neck of the jug. Use a glass turkey baster to suck up the top clear layer into a pint mason jar. Be careful not to suck up any of the lower brown/black layer into the mason jar.
-------------------------------------
Freeze-precipitation/wash: place the sealed mason jar in a FREEZER for 3 days to precipitate the crystals. Prepare a filter setup by placing a funnel into a quart mason jar and putting a small coffee filter paper into the funnel. Shake the naptha in the mason jar strongly to stir up all the crystals at the bottom and quickly pour while still very cold into the funnel for filtering. Impure yellow-white DMT crystals will be seen on the coffee filter paper. Allow the crystals to completely dry out on the filter paper in the funnel. Premix a wash solution by mixing equal parts of Distilled Water and NON-SOAPY clear Ammonium Hydroxide(Ace Hardware Janitorial Strength Ammonia) into a pint container. Slowly pour 100ml of the wash solution over the crystals (still in the filter paper) to wash them. Remove the filter paper from the funnel, spread it out flat and allow the crystals to COMPLETELY dry out. You will now have 2-1/2 grams of white crystal DMT. At least 50 strong doses. Mix it with some parsley and smoke a little in your favorite pipe!

--------------------

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: FractalDust]
    #4586939 - 08/27/05 09:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

volvins tek is the most comprehensive tek, yeilding the about as pure a product as a kitchen chemist is going to get, but even the most accurate tests out there wont yeild an entirely pure product. to do that you would need actual organic chemistry knowledge, lab equipment, and lab grade solvents. Funny thing is, volvins tek hosted on his secret page, went down recently because he failed to pay the bills. oh well, i dont think i ever bothered to save it to my computer. ask around, im sure one of the orignial members still has it.

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: yousuck]
    #4587468 - 08/27/05 01:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

marsofolds gets very clean product and is super easy to do. Tried and true by yours truly in this crazy dream i had a few nights ago.

Offlinegreystealth
Corrupt Cop

Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #9498828 - 12/26/08 07:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hi, I realize this thread is 3 years old but will be running an extract very soon and have a relevant post.

Has anyone tried the [url= http://www.dmt-nexus.com/doc/vortex_dmt_extraction_tek_bklt.pdf]Vortex tek[/url]?

or the lazyman Tek?

The lazyman tek seems more specific/easier to follow, however I'm excited to read that Vortex can be done in a few hours.

Finally, is a defat or purification necessary with the extract? If so, what needs to be done, specifically for either?

Just need what's essential, thanks guys.

--------------------

Offlinejfoster
"That" guy

Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: greystealth]
    #9501288 - 12/27/08 08:27 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Nomans tek:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/mimosa/mimosa_chemistry1.shtml

except instead of ammonia, use a carbonate wash from vovins tek

Offlineprayformojo
Stranger
Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: jfoster]
    #9502043 - 12/27/08 12:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

marsofold is probably the best A/B tech and nomans is the best STB.  both produce good results. defat isn't necessary. purification is done by dissolving the product and recrystallizing it, whether it's necessary just depends on how pure your initial product is. 

and please, for your own safety, please remember to wear gloves and safety goggles. lye will dissolve your eyes and burn your skin, this is not a joke.

Offlinegreystealth
Corrupt Cop

Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: prayformojo]
    #9502701 - 12/27/08 02:36 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't like marsofold's tek.I Read it through, and do not think it would be a good tek to use for SWIM's first time.

SWIM will either go with LazyMan or VORTEX.

--------------------

OfflineFractalReactor
research scientist

Loc: Altered
Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: prayformojo]
    #9502727 - 12/27/08 02:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Second that... first time I did QT's TEK I burned a contact with dilute HClO3. Be Careful!

I've Used QT's with some luck...its a good place to begin. But I agree with prayformojo that marsfold is good. I've also just started a vovin with high hopes. Never heard of the nomans yet but if you post a link up I'd be happy to look at it and add it to my collection.

~namaste

OfflineWillyy34
Stranger
What site to order good Mimosa Hostilis rootbark from? [Re: FractalDust]
    #13219112 - 09/19/10 04:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I need to know a good site to order some Mimosa Hostilis rootbark from for my extraction very soon I possible, I should be ordering today or in a couple days and making It hopefully right when it gets here.

OfflineFUTURIST
In another land...
Male

Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: FractalDust]
    #13219180 - 09/19/10 04:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Marsofold Tek is the best!!!!!!

OfflineWillyy34
Stranger
Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: FUTURIST]
    #13219768 - 09/19/10 06:46 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I figured out where to get it and I'll be using marsofolds tek... I'll tell you guys how it works and how the extraction turns out

Offlinegreystealth
Corrupt Cop

Re: Best DMT extraction guide? [Re: Willyy34]
    #13220962 - 09/19/10 10:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

deemster for the WIN-star

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder