Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
What the hell is a flowhoods use?
    #942282 -

Well, thats my question....i've seen the subject being tossed around a couple of times but i'm not sure what its use is ...thanks


--------------------
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Jack Handey.

Edited by myco_holic (10/08/02 08:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the hell is a flowhoods use? [Re: myco_holic]
    #942290 -

A flowhood creates positive pressure in a contained environment, by drawing air through a filter (HEPA). It creates a contaminant free work area.


--------------------

"You took too much, man....too much, too much!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
[Re: StS]
    #942296 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the hell is a flowhoods use? [Re: myco_holic]
    #942450 -

A flow hood is a menstruating bull-dike that has devoted her life to crime.

They're not to be fucked with.................. :wink:
 


--------------------
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.
- Jack Handey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the hell is a flowhoods use? [Re: myco_holic]
    #943137 -

In lamens terms...  a flowhood is a blower connected to a hepa filter, that blows a current of clean air across your work area at a force that's high enough to not allow any of the non-sterile room air to come in contact with your stuff that you're working with. Like a big fan, almost :wink: except 99.999% efficient at removing airborne particles. 


--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the hell is a flowhoods use? [Re: Raadt]
    #943472 -

Pretty good description.

I have used a flowhood for years now, it has cut my contams down to none.
They are easy to make, you just need to have the right blower and hepa filter.
Then know how to build the box and put it all together properly.
I'm considering building flowhoods for sale.
If I get enough interest I might become a vendor selling them here.

Here is my flowhood.




--------------------
- hydrogen


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the hell is a flowhoods use? [Re: hydrogen]
    #943485 -

If you could cut the costs down i would definately be interested!  How long did that take to make, approx. cost? if you dont mind me asking  :wink:


--------------------
_______________________________________
CSC


Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the hell is a flowhoods use? [Re: hydrogen]
    #943584 -

Wow!!! That's a nice hood you got there. That has got to be the best looking box I've seen on this board or any other.
Excellent design! Truly top notch.

So how much do you think you'll be asking for one of those?  :smile:
 


--------------------
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.
- Jack Handey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the hell is a flowhoods use? [Re: myco_holic]
    #943610 -

Yeah if you can build a flow hood that uses a 12X24 inch hepa, and sold it for less than $500 then you would have a good business venture. Hopefully it would be a lot less than $500, but thats the way it goes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the hell is a flowhoods use? [Re: hydrogen]
    #943646 -

Wow! That is one sweet hood. you are a true craftsman and could easily sell those. Please let us know what one might cost.


--------------------
YUM YUM EAT EM UP !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the hell is a flowhoods use? [Re: HisStudent]
    #943677 -

Thanks for the compliments.  :smile:
I am a Finish Carpenter and Cabinet Maker by Trade.
This is my flowhood, it's price is priceless to me.  :wink:
I'll have to think about cost of material & labor for a realistic price.
I spent alot of time on this one.
Might be better if I offered a more basic model.

 


--------------------
- hydrogen


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the hell is a flowhoods use? [Re: hydrogen]
    #944124 -

Damn hydrogen that is one bad ass looking flow hood.

I'd love to have one like yours!!!

Great job!!!

If you do start selling these let me know.



--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the hell is a flowhoods use? [Re: myco_holic]
    #944148 -

 

Sheeez. Thought I had a pic of mine in this box & now cannot find the turkey :crazy:. So, here is a side veiw diagram of one.

6T  :tongue: 


--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Spawnbags without flowhood :) ohmatic 1,542 3 05/16/05 05:32 PM
by Aeolus1369
* question about a flowhood and clean enivroment.... willmafingerdo 2,119 12 05/28/05 11:19 AM
by ohmatic
* Flowhood using 'Filtrete? Ultra Allergen Filter by 3M' possible? ohmatic 2,399 4 10/10/04 01:37 PM
by ohmatic
* 2ft x 4ft Flowhood KaptKid 2,550 19 05/14/06 07:13 PM
by KaptKid
* -==Stove flowhood modification!?==-- arcadium 1,413 7 11/30/02 01:24 PM
by resin
* flowhood MindBent 764 6 11/30/04 02:27 AM
by Anno
* Flowhood vs glovebox plus parts question MadHatR 4,303 15 10/27/04 03:22 AM
by MadHatR
* So you need a glovebox or flowhood to work with agar? firsttimer101 3,484 16 04/14/05 03:48 AM
by Mindzpore

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,702 topic views. 20 members, 273 guests and 280 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 16 queries.