Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Backyard Blewits!
    #9367552 -

My first ever Blewit find!!!! :dancer:








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #9367593 -

those are so delicious, so far thats the best tasting mushroom I've tried. I'm waiting till the patch I know of pops up, nothing so far :frown:

Go back and keep looking, those guys keep coming back all winter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: Tempus950]
    #9367644 -

hehe now that I know where they are growing I'll be looking out for them. I KNEW i had seen them on the shroomery when I saw them. The best part they are in my backyard ;D I found two more there of slightly lighter color that I dismissed as another species at first, until I got on here and saw how they can kind of pale out as they get older.

My neighbors probably wondered what kind of shit I was smoking as I proceeded to walk around the yard shaking my hands holding something  purple in my hand. ( to spread spores :sun:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #9368126 -

make sure you spore print em to be safe :thumbup: nice find


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: Beege]
    #9368337 -

nice  find  lepista nuda for sure , nice ones.
make sure  you put more woodchips  continually so they keep fruiting , and maybe  you can also find psilocybes in future years..i have found many lepista in my psilocybe patch this year and not others rare .they usually grow here from buried wood or leaves .oak leaves mostly , so under oaks they grow mostly  .......


--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: Beege]
    #9368349 -

THAT SHIT'S PURPLE!  :scream:  :tendshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: Beege]
    #9374749 -

I sure did =) I think i will scrape them into a sprayer and go on a watering run.

Cactu: Very interesting. What type of psilocybes are growing in your patches with them?

If they like oaks that makes a lot of sense because there are TONS of oaks around here. But, I think they might actually be growing under some other species of tree, I will have to check tomorrow during the sunlight.

I have been scouting out for more ever since I found those first ones, and so far I can see one more in a hard to reach spot. see him hiding?




Edited by TacticalBongRip (12/05/08 06:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #9375483 -

TacticalBongRip said:
Cactu: Very interesting. What type of psilocybes are growing in your patches with them?




this ones where growing with psilocybe zapotecorum ,in jalisco ,Mexico in june


Quote:
If they like oaks that makes a lot of sense because there are TONS of oaks around here. But, I think they might actually be growing under some other species of tree, I will have to check tomorrow during the sunlight.

I have been scouting out for more ever since I found those first ones, and so far I can see one more in a hard to reach spot. see him hiding?







is that tiny spot in the middle of the picture .:grin:

they love many hardwoods and leaves and compost . usually oaks do it in my area  but you have more host tree around,
maybe.


--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #9375763 -

If you really want to spread them around try spreading some stem butts instead of spores.

I brought home a nice blewitt last Sunday, broke the stem butt into chunks and set on moist egg carton. The mycelium is going off the hook! The top half of the mushroom was just sitting in my room and the mycelium began to grow from the entire stem, so I threw a couple pieces of that onto the carton too!

Check it out:
 
This is after only 4 days.

-DD


--------------------
" learning how to cook will save you money, usually make you healthier, and occasionally get you laid. "
-Shags420

"Most of the people who ask the question 'Do any psilocybin mushrooms grow around here?' would rather change their way of looking at reality rather than face the difficult and discouraging task of transforming reality itself"
-David Aurora, Mushrooms Demystified

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: didjin_d]
    #9376305 -

didjin_d said:
If you really want to spread them around try spreading some stem butts instead of spores.

I brought home a nice blewitt last Sunday, broke the stem butt into chunks and set on moist egg carton. The mycelium is going off the hook! The top half of the mushroom was just sitting in my room and the mycelium began to grow from the entire stem, so I threw a couple pieces of that onto the carton too!

Check it out:
 
This is after only 4 days.

-DD



HOT DAMN

i gotta try this, ive been itching to find me some blewits lately anyways.
ive found so many before in the past, but never got around to trying them, and i always had mushroom enthusiasts around who said they would gladly accept baskets of them so i just gave them away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: cactu]
    #9376625 -

cactu said:
this ones where growing with psilocybe zapotecorum ,in jalisco ,Mexico in june





That's awesome, cactu!

They start popping up in the SF Bay Area around this time of year.  I often find them fruiting under cypress trees in the same type of habitat as P. cyanescens.  Under cypress, however, it tends to be less purple and more bitter tasting and tummy turning.  When thoroughly cooked they still come out tasting pretty decent, especially the younger ones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: BaldCuban]
    #9376985 -

Damn damn.. I didn't know those were blewits..  I found a couple of those last month in my woods but never got around to identifying them..

Probably too cold now.. But I know what to look for next year :smile:


--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: ShockValue]
    #9377855 -

you may have also found Laccaria Amethystina, or even a Purple Cortinarius, ShockValue...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: cactu]
    #9378372 -

cactu said:
TacticalBongRip said:
Cactu: Very interesting. What type of psilocybes are growing in your patches with them?




this ones where growing with psilocybe zapotecorum ,in jalisco ,Mexico in june






:wowz: Your outdoor patches officially kick ass!


Quote:
If they like oaks that makes a lot of sense because there are TONS of oaks around here. But, I think they might actually be growing under some other species of tree, I will have to check tomorrow during the sunlight.

I have been scouting out for more ever since I found those first ones, and so far I can see one more in a hard to reach spot. see him hiding?





is that tiny spot in the middle of the picture .:grin:




:yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: didjin_d]
    #9378413 -

didjin_d said:
If you really want to spread them around try spreading some stem butts instead of spores.

I brought home a nice blewitt last Sunday, broke the stem butt into chunks and set on moist egg carton. The mycelium is going off the hook! The top half of the mushroom was just sitting in my room and the mycelium began to grow from the entire stem, so I threw a couple pieces of that onto the carton too!

Check it out:
 
This is after only 4 days.

-DD



Amazing!! I definitely want to spread them around...are you recommending spreading the stems via the eggcartons or just bury some stem pieces under woodchips and whatnot?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #9380980 -

Yes, and yes. Give them both a try. I actually don't know how they'll do on the egg-carton, just an experiment. But they seem to be loving it so far! 


In my eyes the advantage of the egg-carton over just burying stem butts is the fact that growth will slow/stop over the winter outside... but then again, inside you gotta keep the mycelium fed and happy.

I plan on adding either leaf mulch, or wood chips in the near future.

-DD


--------------------
" learning how to cook will save you money, usually make you healthier, and occasionally get you laid. "
-Shags420

"Most of the people who ask the question 'Do any psilocybin mushrooms grow around here?' would rather change their way of looking at reality rather than face the difficult and discouraging task of transforming reality itself"
-David Aurora, Mushrooms Demystified

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Backyard Blewits! [Re: didjin_d]
    #9388192 -

Cool, I will give them both a try then. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* something to remember when ps. villareallii mets ps. zapotecorum,inocybe,caerulescensand zapotecoru
( 1 2 all )
cactu 3,499 20 10/29/07 09:42 PM
by cactu
* Something to REMENBER when Ps. Villarreallii met Ps. caurulences , Jalisco says hello to Colima .
( 1 2 all )
cactu 3,625 21 08/22/07 01:46 PM
by davetripson
* VIVA MEXICO, VIVA JALISCO,VIVAN LOS HONGOS
( 1 2 all )
cactu 3,519 24 09/17/07 04:14 PM
by Prankster239
* Psilocybe villarrealiae - Jalisco, Mexico
( 1 2 3 all )
Alan RockefellerM 7,968 46 05/07/08 10:25 PM
by didjin_d
* when ps villarreallii mets ps. zapotecorum cactu 2,801 15 09/11/07 09:19 AM
by Prankster239
* Blewit Question
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Shroominzach 5,522 63 05/02/08 07:09 PM
by Shroominzach
* Elfin Saddle & Blewits ESanceOfCyan 3,193 4 01/03/07 02:31 PM
by GGreatOne234
* UK Blewits in March !!!??? Amatoxin 785 3 03/14/06 05:53 PM
by Amatoxin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,849 topic views. 0 members, 10 guests and 59 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.