Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: JamesChappy]
    #9348309 -

JamesChappy said:
Percept said:
So, I plan to head to a Rhododendron garden tomorrow, I figured it would be a good place to find some cyanas. Any thoughts? This'll be my first hunt and I understand the inherent risks and will be sure to post an ID here for confirmation of any possible psychedelic 'shrooooooom I find.



If you're planning on going to the rhododendron garden in Portland, I wouldn't bother. I walked through there a week ago and found a whole lot of jack shit. It's a beautiful walk though.

If you do find anything or if that IS the garden you're going to PM me...



Nope, think north WA (don't want to break any rules here.)

Anyway the place was closed :tongue: but there was a huge trail and we ended up walking through the forest (not sure if we were trespassing,) we only found some poisonous lookalikes and literally five or six shaggy parasols (there were a few whos cap hadn't opened as well.) There was another species with a closed cap that I couldn't ID but I knew looked SO DAMN FAMILIER. Oh well. I don't have a car so I may hop off the city bus tomorrow and hunt around my area, we HAVE to have some cyans, the weather and habitat is perfect. Meh, it'll be my first success if I find some though.

Cool site by the way, lots of info, even got on on my iPod in Seattle to ID a lone shroom in Fremont (not good shroom, to bad)

Oh but while I'm thinking about it I did see a cyan (picked, abbused and bruised) on the way to the EMP. (Not giving any info but that's all the luck I've had after probably 7 and a half hours total of hunting over the weekend.)

Oh well, sorry for the long read, you know how it feels to go off on these tangents of thought. :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: Percept]
    #9352083 -

i just found one single cyanesin growing right in front of my house...wierd, i thought the season was over...

Edited by pnwpicker420 (12/02/08 04:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: pnwpicker420]
    #9352218 -

what's a cyanesin?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: pnwpicker420]
    #9352252 -

As long as it continues to rain and temps remain mild, I don't see why the season would be over.  It's been downright warm in the city the past few days.  Strange..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: pnwpicker420]
    #9353358 -

Don't be so sure, unless you've found them before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: jet li]
    #9353717 -

I FOUND SOME WOO!

I think they are cyans, I went walking today and down the street is a landscaped woodland and there were littles dudes fruiting all over in the woodchips, and three big guys. If my phone camera could upload photos  I'd post them but I'm going to go pick them tomorrow (didn't have a bag with me.)

Edited by Percept (12/02/08 07:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: Percept]
    #9354052 -

I found 6 .oz'S dry in one patch in Stanislaus county.





Then I found a half ounce somewhere else, but I dont want to upload any more pictures right now...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: dOseDidontknow]
    #9354195 -

dOse, first of all, this is the PNW thread. There is a 2008 cali thread floating around somewhere here.

Also, I'm pretty damned certain what you have is not cyanescens. They look like TEXTBOOK Ps. Cyanofibrillosa to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: vc77]
    #9354724 -

nice finds dose keep up the good work. throw those into the "official" bay thread the bay guys would like to see it. those kinda look like friscosa's but im no myco ex i just love the sport theres some trusted dudes that'll know:rockon:


--------------------
---
-----------------------------------------------
"why fail to succeed, when you can succeed to fail?" -david medeiros

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: jet li]
    #9354915 -

jet li said:
Don't be so sure, unless you've found them before.



Not sure if you were saying this to me, but yes, I have found cyans in December in Tacoma in years past. In Seattle, no, but I never really actively look after the frost.  Olympia is a completely different microclimate, you guys have already had a frost or two and will have another this week looks like, while Seattle will once again remain in the mid/upper 30s for lows this week.  Last year in the city, our harsh frost came the night before Thanksgiving if I remember correctly.  We have not had anything like that yet.  Might as well soldier on...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: caphillkid]
    #9355787 -

Oh my bad.
Im having a hard time getting an official ID on these.
Im kinda confused as to how to tell the different cyan subspecies apart.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: dOseDidontknow]
    #9357342 -

I found this interesting article on fir and alder decay rate. Should give some hints on why alder is good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: coolboarderguy]
    #9357619 -

coolboarderguy said:
I found this interesting article on fir and alder decay rate. Should give some hints on why alder is good



Link?


--------------------
REST IN PEACE pirateseatsouls

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: Theylikethatshit]
    #9357693 -


Edited by coolboarderguy (12/03/08 12:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: coolboarderguy]
    #9359217 -

haha found some more great looking cyans, in a completely different location, literally on my way to class...i showed them to my geology class no-one believed that i knew what i was talking about. my teacher was asking me not to eat them and i was soo close to just popping them...(i hadnt eaten anything yet and it was like 9 the morning, so i decided against it). anyways it turned into a whole class discussion and made me realize how fucking retarded most people are. Not one person in my class knew anything about mushrooms. what pissed me off the most was that my teacher was trying to tell me that she knew enough to say i shouldnt eat them...what a dumb bitch...
sorry i had to vent...
anyways heres a pic of one of the cyans...i found about 4 this size...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: pnwpicker420]
    #9359497 -

I found a stunzii on my school campus. Gonna go look a bit closer (lots of rhodies and mulch) tomorrow when no one is around. Jumped the fence I was looking over today, and no luck. I found quite a few that were very close to cyans but no bluing was had/was occuring so I just left them. I found some that look very close to azuras but again, no bluing.

Not giving up hope though, I like the hunting for shrooms, nice and peaceful most of the time and I'm out in the forrests, feels great, like I'm exploring my original home.

Edited by Percept (12/03/08 04:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: pnwpicker420]
    #9359867 -

pnwpicker420 said:
haha found some more great looking cyans, in a completely different location, literally on my way to class...i showed them to my geology class no-one believed that i knew what i was talking about. my teacher was asking me not to eat them and i was soo close to just popping them...(i hadnt eaten anything yet and it was like 9 the morning, so i decided against it). anyways it turned into a whole class discussion and made me realize how fucking retarded most people are. Not one person in my class knew anything about mushrooms. what pissed me off the most was that my teacher was trying to tell me that she knew enough to say i shouldnt eat them...what a dumb bitch...
sorry i had to vent...
anyways heres a pic of one of the cyans...i found about 4 this size...




As you get older, you will learn that people are even more retarded than you thought.  :smile:

I doubt I would be taking cyans to class though and showing them off.  Probably not a good move.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: caphillkid]
    #9360100 -

yeah not a good move at all, according to campus police you just brought a schedule 1 drug (felony) onto school campus (within 1000 ft of a school - tack on 10 years) and if you already told them you were going to eat them they can tack on attempted suicide charges too.

dude, srsly, be careful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: CptnGarden]
    #9360595 -

haha for sure it was prolly a little cocky to show them off in class but i couldnt help myself...and i wasnt even thinking about getting in trouble, isn't it legal to pick mushrooms?? i thought they turned into a schedule 1 drug as soon as you dry and bag them...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RE: Official PNW Fall 2008-2009 hunting/finds thread! [Re: CptnGarden]
    #9360604 -

I was exploring a new potential spot today(LOTS of woodchips everywhere amongst low-lying plants) and I saw someone already looking through the wood chips, then I watched him get kicked out....some lady blabbing about private property...hahaha. I got shut down before I could even search. Guess it's time to go back after-hours.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mushroom Hunting & Identification Forum Rules Gumby 345,524 0 01/22/04 06:11 PM
by Gumby
* pa hunting Chuck_wagon 1,339 5 06/09/02 06:25 PM
by superpimp
* Hunting in Ontario pleasesmokemarijuana 1,317 4 03/14/03 09:27 AM
by pleasesmokemarijuana
* knife im gonna buy for mushroom hunting Kevin 1,926 12 09/26/04 08:15 PM
by Kevin
* PNW Tacoma/Seattle Area Hunting Anyone? KrasHnBurnZ 1,589 3 12/29/02 10:01 AM
by pleezr
* Damnit, now I'm turned off from hunting for liberty caps! megaman3 33,041 17 08/22/03 01:12 PM
by Mitchnast
* Pan Subb Hunt.... OJ 1,975 16 03/22/03 07:22 AM
by mjshroomer
* .. Hunting in Washington state .. BluntOMatic 3,187 13 03/13/03 05:44 AM
by mjshroomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
75,573 topic views. 1 members, 97 guests and 106 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.