Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Pot is a great cold/flu reliever.
    #9305876 -

I've got what I think is a fairly bad cold or something. My head feels all clauged, my whole body aches, I'm caughing alot, snot's draining down my throat, my nose is running and I have a sore throat. Oh, and I hardly have an appetite.

So I didn't smoke any pot for the first couple days. I figured it'd just make me feel worse. Well today I just really wanted to get high, and my throat hadn't been hurting as much so I took a gb.

Well first, I was most worried about my throat. It didn't hurt very much at all, but my throat has healed a decent amount at this point. I caughed my ass off for the  next 10 or so minutes though. I ended up caughing up a lot of flem. Now there's hardly any in my throat and it just feels a lot cleaner.

My nose seems to have stopped running quite as much, it still is slightly though. The high gets rid of almost all of my body aches. It still doesn't give me energy to get up and do anything, but I do seem to be a little more mentally active. And of course I now have more of an appetite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pot is a great cold/flu reliever. [Re: krypto2000]
    #9305889 -

wow, it only makes it worse for me.  If i feel bad/have a fever, congestion, sore throat, pot does nothing but amplify my negative feelings.  While sick, i just avoid it all together.

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pot is a great cold/flu reliever. [Re: krypto2000]
    #9305890 -

It's all in your head.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pot is a great cold/flu reliever. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #9305917 -

Well I wouldn't know if it's not, but what difference does it make? It still makes it relieve my symptoms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pot is a great cold/flu reliever. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #9305936 -

i find pot does help alleviate shitty symptoms of sicknesses in itstelf, however smoking it greatly enhances all respiratory symptoms if they're present. therefore my solution is to bake firecrackers whenever i am sick, and i eat them everyday until i feel better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pot is a great cold/flu reliever. [Re: krypto2000]
    #9305940 -

:nonono:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pot is a great cold/flu reliever. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #9306020 -

It actually is.
Pot dilates the bronchial tubes, making it easier to cough up phlegm and whatnot that may be stuck in there.
I suspect it probably has a similar effect on the glands in the sinuses and such.
Although smoking anything isn't really "good" for a sickness, it's better than tobacco which actually constricts the bronchials.
Back when I used to get sick.. I'd have a vicious cold or something with congested sinuses, runny nose and whatnot.. take a fat bong hit and it would almost completely clear up for a few hours. It also is a mild pain reliever.

It works.

But I haven't gotten sick for years.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pot is a great cold/flu reliever. [Re: supra]
    #9306034 -

supra said:
wow, it only makes it worse for me.  If i feel bad/have a fever, congestion, sore throat, pot does nothing but amplify my negative feelings.  While sick, i just avoid it all together.

peace




same :frown:


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pot is a great cold/flu reliever. [Re: demiu5]
    #9306064 -

It makes one forget they are sick. =)

Edited by user808 (05/11/12 01:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pot is a great cold/flu reliever. [Re: user808]
    #9306074 -

Pot is a great everything. Wonderful shit. Probably helps the nausia too.


--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pot is a great cold/flu reliever. [Re: user808]
    #9306156 -

user808 said:
It makes me forget I'm sick. =)



this might sound odd, but there have been multiple times where i was smoking so much/staying high, that i didn't realize i was actually sick until i stopped (talking colds/sinus infections/etc...)

i know i shouldn't use cannabis cause it messes up my sinuses so bad, but i do anyways :shrug:

even vaping does it


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* horrible sinus congestion Moonshoe 800 5 11/02/05 06:27 PM
by Noviseer
* posibility of a bird flu pandemic rising out of the aftermath of the se asia tidal wave ZippoZM 833 2 12/29/04 04:26 PM
by ZippoZ
* is pot really addictive?
( 1 2 all )
silly_sigh_ben 3,025 26 06/15/06 12:33 AM
by Gumby
* Flu? vinsue 432 2 02/15/05 05:25 PM
by vinsue
* anyone get the flu yet? BrAiN 290 1 01/04/05 07:08 PM
by CherryBom
* Coldness Jaredo 972 7 11/23/03 02:04 AM
by RedNucleus
* flower pot container things TrippeeChik 2,593 6 10/14/02 07:38 PM
by Morphrying
* Have I just fabricated my problem with pot? *LONG* freddurgan 2,396 19 11/29/04 05:19 PM
by Bonez420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
578 topic views. 3 members, 20 guests and 235 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.