Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Run in with the feds....
    #9305208 -

I guess my luck ran out. So I was driving with two of my friends and the car smelled like greenery. The driver was speeding, 65 in a 35 zone...fucking idiot. We get pulled over and the cop smells weed. The cop found a bag next to me between the seat and the console and he also found more inside the console. The driver told the cop one of them was mine. I had nothing directly on me. I remained silent and asked for an attorney. The cop is charging me for possession because it was within arms reach of myself.

Today I went to the public defender and I was told that my charges were not yet filed if they were even going to be filed. I wonder how long it takes them to file charges? I am a firefighter and I volunteer for community service. I value my clean record and want to keep it that way.

I am from Pennsylvania and I need advice. Can I get out of this? Right now its the drivers word against mine. The 3rd passenger said nothing and had no drugs on him.


I feel terrible and dirty. I don't even smoke anymore. The whole time I was in the questioning cell all I could think about was my job as a volunteer firefighter. I value that more than anything else in my life. I don't want a smeared record because I plan to go to the navy for special operations diving and I think this could screw it up.

thanks for your time

-xul


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: XUL]
    #9305232 -

Well who's bag was it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: XUL]
    #9305234 -

They found it in HIS car. It wasn't in your possession, i don't see them being able to do much.


--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: XUL]
    #9305242 -

Good call on imediately asking for a lawyer. I would fight it, maybe you could submit to a drug test as evidence that you dont even smoke. :shrug:

Oh, and when all this is over, kick the shit out of that guy.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: XUL]
    #9305251 -

Good luck with that. As long as it's not a felony conviction that lands in your lap, you should still be good for the navy.

On the other hand, it seems like the Army is willing to take ex-cons these days.

Thank god I'm getting out while the getting is good.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: XUL]
    #9305262 -

> I don't even smoke anymore.

Can you pass a drug test?  If so, ask for one as soon as possible.  If you come out clean, it will go a long, long way towards helping your case.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: illusionn]
    #9305267 -

the bag was not mine. it was my friends who was not there at the time.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: XUL]
    #9305270 -

Sounds like you handled the situation perfectly.  I can never understand why people say ANYTHING in these situations instead of just lawyering up immediately, as you did.  But it never fails that almost every moron that posts his "Busted" story here talked way more than they should have.

I bet you don't get charged with anything...


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: XUL]
    #9305273 -

Wow, what kind of douchebag friend do you roll with? D:.
Especially putting the blame on you for something that wasn't even yours.


--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #9305301 -

I hope that you are all right about my innocence. I thank you for your time. I have to go now. Thanks again.

-xul

ps. feel free to leave any other advice or experiences. thanks.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: XUL]
    #9305303 -

yeah that is gay.

dont hang out with that guy anymore.  plus who the fuck goes 30 over the speed limit with weed in the car?

ditch the faggot "friends" and stay safe.  hope you get to keep your volunteer job.  i doubt you will get in trouble either.


--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: Crasher]
    #9305313 -

Crasher said:
Good luck with that. As long as it's not a felony conviction that lands in your lap, you should still be good for the navy.

On the other hand, it seems like the Army is willing to take ex-cons these days.

Thank god I'm getting out while the getting is good.



Yeah, a buddy of mine was disqualified from the army years ago because of an old pot bust, and ended up in the marines instead. He's been out for a while now, and civilian life doesnt seem to suit him to well, so he gave the army a shot again, and apparently things have changed, because he just enlisted as a 37f.

On one hand I'm glad to see them lighten up on such a minor thing, but on the other hand I hate to see the standards keep getting lowered.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9305322 -

cops aren't feds


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: XUL]
    #9305326 -

HappyTrippin said:
They found it in HIS car. It wasn't in your possession, i don't see them being able to do much.



Seuss said:
> I don't even smoke anymore.

Can you pass a drug test?  If so, ask for one as soon as possible.  If you come out clean, it will go a long, long way towards helping your case.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #9305329 -

If you don't have a record and it's your 1st offense you should get what they call CWOF - conviction w/o finding.  Basically if you don't get in trouble again in 6-12 months, it's erased off your record.  It's still there if you get in trouble again, but it's not a conviction that would come up on a record check.  This is for people who mess up once, so they're not screwed w/ a tarnished record.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: demiu5]
    #9305345 -

demius said:
cops aren't feds



:lol:

Thats what I was thinking too.  BIG difference between catching a federal case with the DEA and getting a misdemeaner ticket for possesion by the local cops...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #9305392 -

HappyTrippin said:
They found it in HIS car. It wasn't in your possession, i don't see them being able to do much.



It's called constructive possession. It's exactly the same as if they found the bud in his pocket or if he was smoking a joint right in front of them.

My advice is that if the case moves any further that you ditch the public defender and spring for a lawyer. Since you are a firefighter, you have a lot on the line to keep a clean legal record. And from what it sounds like, you are very proud to help your community. If there is that much on the line, get a good lawyer.

The NORML website has a directory of lawyers that specialize in cannabis prosecution (persecution) cases. I can't vouch for how well that will do for you, but it's worth a shot to look up some local guys that specialize in that kind of shit.

Good luck, keep fighting the good fight and keep putting out them fires. My hat's off to you.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: XUL]
    #9305395 -

you did the right thing by not saying anything.  definitely get a lawyer and fight it if you're serious about the navy.  the military does extremely detailed background reports and can dig up something like this easily unless the charges are dropped and it's expunged from the record.  even then, they might still be able to find it.

i was in the air force and everyone i knew that was airborne had to get security clearances.  i knew one guy who was coming in right out of high school and lost his job selection because investigators went as far as to interview past teachers and students he went to school with.  he was never arrested, but he got caught with weed at school once and he was just suspended.  they rejected his clearance and gave him some bullshit job he hated and never signed up for.

just remember that once you sign up, you're in for the whole contract.  you're just a number and you belong to the government.  some people love it, but its definitely not for everyone.

good luck with your legal troubles


--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: PurpleKush]
    #9305423 -

Yeah and also don't join any branch of the military unless you want to kill. That's what it comes down to, you have to be prepared to shoot down or help shoot down someone. Someone that thinks they are fighting the good fight.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Run in with the feds.... [Re: XUL]
    #9305448 -

XUL said:
I feel terrible and dirty. I don't even smoke anymore. The whole time I was in the questioning cell all I could think about was my job as a volunteer firefighter. I value that more than anything else in my life. I don't want a smeared record because I plan to go to the navy for special operations diving and I think this could screw it up.

thanks for your time

-xul



get a lawyer first off, don't use the public defender, he will plea you out to deferred adjudication and tell you it will come off your record, IT WILL NOT.  You will nto be convicted, but any background check would show that you got deferred for a marijuana possession.

Your best bet is a good lawyer, tell the story you said above to the judge, as long as he/she is not having a bad day, you should be able to get off, but it all comes down to the judge, if he/she woke up on the wrong side of the bed, they could convict you, the chance is there.

Like others said, go get a clean drug test from the hospital, even if you can't legitly pass one, get a friends pee or use sythetic, build your case with a lawyer...good luck man

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Man rapes woman for 12 hours posing as a firefighter, stabs himself in the neck Hawkeye3 1,379 12 12/17/05 03:21 PM
by cubeladd
* What's with the guilt trip from the firefighters? Phychotron 814 4 02/27/05 07:39 PM
by MikeOLogical
* I'm fed up and need a change
( 1 2 all )
swm 2,883 33 12/18/05 10:47 PM
by NewAgeDiciple
* Has anyone ever had to run away from home... Grav 609 8 01/11/05 12:11 AM
by Adamist
* I just fed my dad a bean (for the first time)
( 1 2 3 all )
Adamist 5,475 52 12/05/04 03:09 PM
by ilus
* Run Like An Antelope Edge 976 4 08/06/04 05:55 PM
by Edge
* I had a hard run Ripple 991 9 07/17/04 01:40 AM
by Ripple
* I Dreamt A Black Girl Taught Me To Run Uphill Jackal 2,213 13 11/18/03 11:12 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,493 topic views. 2 members, 13 guests and 187 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.