Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleswm
Stranger
Loc: Ohio
I'm fed up and need a change
    #3341660 - 11/10/04 03:13 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

First off I'm 24 years old.I've been in the same job since I graduated high school.I do the same shit day in and day out,its decent pay but I need a change.I've put resumes out and have gotten no responses I'm at my wits end.
So the military is looking pretty good.I just want some input from people who have been in the service,before I sign my life away?I really don't need any anti-bush crap,I hate the guy too.
I'm just looking for a way to make something of myself.I don't want to float from dead end job to dead end job for the rest of my life.
P.S.
College is out of the question at this time.I can't afford it along with rent,car payment...ect.ect..

Sorry about the grammer and punctuation I'm a bit shit faced :smile:

--------------------
I can't spell and I have poor grammar.The crap I just posted is proof enough.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Wexico
Re: I'm fed up and need a change [Re: swm]
    #3341688 - 11/10/04 03:17 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

See, we don't need a draft. All we need to do is keep the lower class low enough that the military seems like a viable out for the hopeless.

--------------------

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

#3341699 - 11/10/04 03:18 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

First of all this doesn't have anything to do with george bush. It has to do with you. If you're dumb enough to even consider joining the military then you're exactly what they're looking for. At least get a recruiter to take you out to lunch first.

Other people who are not quite so stupid usually have money in the first place. But you don't. So I suggest signing up for a credit card or two and making off to europe for a few months. Munich kicks so much more ass than getting shot in the desert.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3341702 - 11/10/04 03:19 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

college loans & grants are out of the question?

I recommend joining the coast guard if you want to do the military route, otherwise you'll be sent to Iraq where you might kill someone, get killed yourself, have a leg blown off, or see some terrible scenes that'll haunt you for many, many years - all for a bogus, fraudent war.

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

#3341715 - 11/10/04 03:20 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

swm said:I don't want to float from dead end job to dead end job for the rest of my life.

And when you get back from your euro tour sign up for a union apprenticeship. You pick the trade.

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: I'm fed up and need a change [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #3341809 - 11/10/04 03:34 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Senor_Doobie wrote:
Quote:

See, we don't need a draft. All we need to do is keep the lower class low enough that the military seems like a viable out for the hopeless

Seems to be the case doesn't it?

Man, if you're serious about making something out of yourself and have the committment to stick with college, you can take out loans and use them for college housing/classes/books and basically everything else.

On average, even after paying back your loans, a college grad will make 2x a highschool grad, and a highschool grad will make 2x a drop out. That's what I was told when I was in high school.. maybe it's true, maybe it's not.. but it sounds more realistic than killing people or helping the government kill people because you're sick of working your normal job.

I'm extremely against the military activity in the past 4 years.. so maybe you will want to just wipe my opinion off the platter.

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
    #3341909 - 11/10/04 03:52 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

look into the air force. they have a lot to offer, shorter boot camp and you shouldnt see combat. i have considered joining just because i would love to see the world and im in the same situation you are. i would love to be stationed in japan or someplace interesting. whatever you do, dont give your info to a recruiter unless you are somewhat serious because they show up at your house and call all the time.

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#3341956 - 11/10/04 04:00 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
See, we don't need a draft.  All we need to do is keep the lower class low enough that the military seems like a viable out for the hopeless.

Thats a good point. I'm poor but i have asthma so thats a no for me. PLus i got long hair and i dont wanna cut it. If i did join the service i'd wan't to be in the Air Force. If not then Army.
Bush has this economy so fucked up it will be a voulenteer army cause of lack of jobs.
My pop's got drafted in Vietnam (he went to germany though) go figure, he said there was lots of gambling and tons of drinking exc... Heard it's ok once you make some rank.
If u did join the service now you'd get a GI bill exc, but you also run the risk of being gunned down...

Ps. this is all speculative since i've never served :tongue:

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#3342180 - 11/10/04 04:44 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

See, we don't need a draft. All we need to do is keep the lower class low enough that the military seems like a viable out for the hopeless.

As opposed to not having a way out of the lower class?

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: I'm fed up and need a change [Re: Mister Black]
    #3342213 - 11/10/04 04:50 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

First of all this doesn't have anything to do with george bush. It has to do with you. If you're dumb enough to even consider joining the military then you're exactly what they're looking for. At least get a recruiter to take you out to lunch first.

Why is it dumb to join the military?

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#3342468 - 11/10/04 05:47 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Mister Black said:
Other people who are not quite so stupid usually have money in the first place. But you don't. So I suggest signing up for a credit card or two and making off to europe for a few months. Munich kicks so much more ass than getting shot in the desert.

O' as usual the inept are alawys hurling insults at others...
The majority of america is not well of and can't afford to do that. Elevating yourself and your choice few above the rest is extremly vain as well as ignorant. Jessica Simpons is not intelligent at all but she has millions of dollars. There are alot of people smarter than her that have a whole lot less.
Some people are born rich others are born poor. It's more that are born poor, and it's harder to become rich than it is to become poor.
I'm estimating by your posts your not informed and are of a generally base intelligence. Slanderous remarks and an articulated point are to very different things. Yor comments are base, bias, and provide you a sense of self importance that in reality doesn't exist...

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: I'm fed up and need a change [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #3342697 - 11/10/04 06:26 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

i will not waste your time telling you about my experience in the military...

i will waste your time with this...

if your going to join any branch, join the air force... all the other branches refer to it as "the chair force" for a reason.

your recruiter will lie to you. outright, to your face.

anything in your military contract is subject to change after youve signed it. believe that, it is true.

peace, i hope your decision making skills serve you.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #3342843 - 11/10/04 07:01 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

hi, I rarely post at the shroomery these days, but i had to reply to this. Ive been feeling the same way lately. I'm 20, and dropped out of highschool to get my own place and work a job, which I've had for 3 years now. It was cool at first, the job, the money... but ya just get sick of it, so sick of it that you often question "is this worth any money to me at all?". well, we need money to live. a lot of money to live comfortably, and of course we have to go to work everyday.. anyways, i first started feeling like the work i do isnt worth it, but cant just quit my job when i have all these bills to pay. so i take small steps. its kind of like what addicts do. i guess we're addicted to living independantly and getting the bills paid;) I take one step at a time. First one was GED, second one I got a decent car (now its cars but one isnt running:tongue: ), then I got my taxes all done up nicely (1090, you have no idea unless you're self employed...whoa, expensive!), then I went to the community college. Went to the financial aid office one day... Took some tests and stuff. I got accepted for federal aid the same day, and scheduled my classes the same day! If you are really independant, and under 25, you have a big advantage with getting federal aid. Do a search and go to the FSA website... I'm pretty sure you can apply for aid online.

You dont have to quit your job, take night classes like 3 nights a week after work. You shouldnt have to quit any job to go to school if you are a valued employee or whatever, fuck them, they should work around you! It may take a little longer then going fulltime, but at least your taking the time and effort. you have to be determined. but as i said, i hate my job so i'm thinking about quitting now and just going fulltime. that would be awesome! but then i'd be doing stupid shit for money like making sandwiches and dimebags, scraping by.. who knows.

oh and the military dude... you should talk to my uncle, he was in the navy and believes they brainwashed him! lines up his shoes all neat and everything its crazy... and no he never got to wacked out on acid or anything. Serving for the navy just changed him, especially bootcamp....its weird. has it done anything for his life? well he had some nice cars so I guess so.. :tongue:but going into the military is just being taken for a sucker in actuality. dont get me wrong, I've considered joining the air force cause I want to fly, but I opted to save up for personal lessons and my license at this little rinky dinky local airport :grin:its not a jetplane, but it'll definately get ya up there :blush:

sorry this is so long and unparagraphed, i'm stoned and nodded and bored  :tongue2:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
    #3343215 - 11/10/04 08:33 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

here is a better idea than prostituting, find yourself a goal, a dream, and attain it... that is your dream of course..

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

#3343359 - 11/10/04 09:04 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
Quote:

Mister Black said:

O' as usual the inept are alawys hurling insults at others...
The majority of america is not well of and can't afford to do that. Elevating yourself and your choice few above the rest is extremly vain as well as ignorant. Jessica Simpons is not intelligent at all but she has millions of dollars. There are alot of people smarter than her that have a whole lot less.
Some people are born rich others are born poor. It's more that are born poor, and it's harder to become rich than it is to become poor.
I'm estimating by your posts your not informed and are of a generally base intelligence. Slanderous remarks and an articulated point are to very different things. Yor comments are base, bias, and provide you a sense of self importance that in reality doesn't exist...

So.. what.. you're poor then? Haha.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #3343405 - 11/10/04 09:19 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

check out the World Wide Organization of Organic Farms - http://www.wwoof.org/ - they offer many volunteer opportunities the world round to work on organic farms (some self-sufficient, many just small farms in rural communities)

a hell of a lot better than risking getting shot or having to kill an Iraqi to "make him free"....

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#3344874 - 11/11/04 02:34 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Mister Black said:

I'm not poor but i'm not rich either. I've taken some time off from the shroomery, but I must say your an idiot. It's quite obvious your also a juvenille, are you even allowed to post on these boards? Last time i was a mod i thought u had to be at least 18 to post here....
GReat defense by the way. If the your poor arguement is all you have to offern then you might as well throw yourself out of a window. Bring some intelligent arguments with you or silence your idiocy... :rolleyes:

Offlinenorwegian1
-----???r??T?------

Loc: the shadow in the backgro...
    #3344900 - 11/11/04 02:41 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Mister Black said:

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#3344925 - 11/11/04 02:49 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

It's intersting that you have no argument saying you aren't an idiot  :beer:

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #3345657 - 11/11/04 08:35 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

College isn't all its cracked up to be...I'm currently at a university and was wooed in by all the ease of financial aid student loans and stuff but now i'm in my fourth year and sick and tired of being full time student and will be graduating in a year(little too much partying early on :cool:)  I am gonna be in massive debt but still have no plan.  I'm not saying it is a bad thing but its a lot of work and if you don't know what your gonna do with your degree it can be very tedious (plus lots of rich boy pricks at college...get on my nerves).

I wouldn't recommend the army.  Have a bunch of friends in it and after boot camp they did change.  A little too complient if you know what I mean and extra cockiness.

Try going to a tech school takes like 9 months and it cheap) or getting an apprenticeship in some trade that interests you.  eventually you can start your own business and be nobodies man...thats what I'm thinking of doing once I graduate.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub