Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Crasher]
    #9288585 -

Yeah i have never seen a chem trail or anything either, i don't really think they exist, but i also don't know enough about them to dismiss it.  The fibers i think are the most interesting part about it.


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9288598 -

As for the illness, i personally don't think it is a mental illness.  Hell when aids started going around when it first started we were in the same predicament.  No one knew what the fuck it was!


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9288630 -

okay...lol i guess no one cares, im gunna go smoke a joint.


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9288644 -

I have seen "chemtrails" and even the black "ionization" beams that precede them in the air. I've always chalked it up to turbofan propellers that create a much more persistent trail behind them.

My father is a firm believer in HAARP and the use of chemtrails to prepare our atmosphere for weather control.

I do not share his belief.

I think it could be attributed to something closer to scabies as a parasite or even corkscrew hair problems from scurvy before I accept nanomachines.

The budget alone necessary to create and implement this as a military operation would be huge! (like, taking an hour's budget away from Iraq.)


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Crasher]
    #9288661 -

I totally agree with you, but one has to wonder how much information into nanotechnology does the government hold?  I personally think the gov't has ideas or concepts (about anything, not necessarily nanotech) that the public cannot even comprehend.


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9288678 -

I agree with you. We have no idea what the gov has at its disposal, but I think we'd see weaponized nanotech in our current conflicts overseas before we launched it on our own sedentary hypochondriacs at home.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Crasher]
    #9288694 -

Why not?

They were testing LSD on us back in the day.


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9288707 -

Touche.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Crasher]
    #9288800 -

People have this disorder from 50 states and 15 countries though.  All of them are self diagnosed.  If this were a military technology, there is no rational explanation for such a wide distribution of only 14,000 families.  Also, they say, or at least suggest it is contagious.  I guess this is because people believe they contract it even though they don't spread it.  I don't care if it is a disease or bacteria or nanobot... it can't just go out and randomly strike.  Either a person, animal, or nature has to bring it there, which would mean outbreaks, which we don't have.  I'm not saying these people are not suffering from something, but I think it's got to have a basis in their genetics, either from a psychological vulnerability or maybe even something else.

However, people with the disease feel they are infected with bugs, or bacteria, or I guess nanobots.  Those things are pretty easy to spot under a microscope, every doctor in the world would find it if it was there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: fireduck]
    #9288872 -

Well i know how small nanotech is and it seems plausible to have them put into the environment with out us knowing.  And they say it is "contagious" because the people around the person that has the illness are in the same environment that cause of these things.


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9288896 -

Heres a ton of info on morgellons


http://www.carnicom.com/contrails.htm

Edited by weiliiiiiii (11/22/08 12:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9288998 -

Is there any info on morgellon's by peer-reviewed sources? Or even just generally credible people in the medical profession, peer-reviewed or not?

This whole morgellons thing seems very silly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9289010 -

i dont think its that silly, it has been done before

the UK government has openly admitted testing carcinogenic substances on there citizens, as well as other biological agents that cause symptoms similar to E-coli poisoning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9289036 -

And I'm sure the people who got cancer were diagnosed with cancer. Depending on how recently this occured, doctors would have cultured and characterized the E coli-like bacteria.

The thing about the morgellons is that only crackpots seem to buy into it, and everyone is self-diagnosed. The woman who claims to have identified nanomachines as the culprit is a snake-oil saleswoman. And if it really were nanomachines, out medical science is well advanced enough that these would have been discovered already (and the results stunning enough that they would have been published in a peer-reviewed source). On top of that, the disease seems to just be an exceptionally vigorous variant of classical delusional parasitosis.

When taken together, all these factors make it look like sheer silliness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9289126 -

I just don't think people are aware of how much the gov't doesn't really care, they will test what ever they are curious about on us.  They did it with LSD:shrug:  It's totally reasonable, they want to know everything about us so they can't fear us of getting in the way in what ever the hell they wanna do.

It makes sense to me at least.


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9289147 -

On one side:
Quote:
In a 2006 report to the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Waddell and Burke cite the influence of the internet on their self-diagnosed Morgellons patients: "physicians are becoming more and more challenged by the many persons who attempt self-diagnosis on-line. In many cases, these attempts are well-intentioned, yet wrong, and a patient's belief in some of these oftentimes unscientific sites online may preclude their trust in the evidence-based approaches and treatment recommendations of their physician." Dermatologist Caroline Koblenzer specifically faults the MRF website for misleading patients, "Clearly, as more and more of our patients discover this site (MRF), there will be an ever greater waste of valuable time and resources on fruitless research into fibers, fluffs, irrelevant bacteria, and innocuous worms and insects."

The LA Times, in an article on Morgellons, notes that "(t)he recent upsurge in symptoms can be traced directly to the Internet, following the naming of the disease by Mary Leitao, a Pennsylvania mother."[49] Robert Bartholomew, a sociologist who has studied the Morgellons phenomenon, states that the "World Wide Web has become the incubator for mass delusion and it (Morgellons) seems to be a socially transmitted disease over the Internet." According to this hypothesis, patients with delusions of parasitosis and other psychological disorders become convinced they have "Morgellons" after reading internet accounts of others with similar symptoms.[50][51] A 2005 Popular Mechanics article stated that Morgellons symptoms are well-known and characterized in the context of other disorders, and that "widespread reports of the strange fibers date back" only a few years to when the MRF first described them on the internet.[48]

The Dallas Observer writes that Morgellons may be spread via the Internet and mass media, and "(i)f this is the case, then Morgellons is one in a long line of weird diseases that have swept through populations, only to disappear without a trace once public concern subsides."[18] The article draws parallels to several mass media-spread mass delusions.




And on the other:

Quote:
Some self-identified Morgellons sufferers and various conspiracy theorists provide their own origin hypotheses: "Perhaps it is caused by chemical spills or bio-terror or even alien abductions. On a radio program called Coast to Coast--popular among people who believe in UFOs and ghosts--a New Mexico doctor reports that a former CIA agent told him the disease was caused by the French. A botched government experiment, he says, contaminated the water. All Evian drinkers are at risk."



It is a close call, I will get back to you in the morning. 

Wikipedia, you teach me so much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9289191 -

Cognitive_Shift said:
I just don't think people are aware of how much the gov't doesn't really care, they will test what ever they are curious about on us.  They did it with LSD:shrug:  It's totally reasonable, they want to know everything about us so they can't fear us of getting in the way in what ever the hell they wanna do.

It makes sense to me at least.



I'm not commenting on whether or not the government might test something like this. That's irrelevent as far as I'm concerned.

The key point is that if they were testing this sort of thing, there would be real diagnoses, by real doctors. It's not like the government can create a mystery disease that occurs without viruses, bacteria, nanomachines, or whatever. And morgellon-believers are quite adamant that these morgellons are a physical thing. If that were the case, doctors would have seen them by now.

Plus, just look at the name: Morgellons. Doesn't that sound more like some bullshit someone made up to see how gullible people were, and it just got way way out of hand?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9289249 -

the woman whose kid had it in the beginning made the name up. i read that on wiki :awesome:


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: igwna]
    #9289295 -

wiki says Mary leitao named it that, her two year old son was sick with it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons

Edited by weiliiiiiii (11/22/08 01:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morgellons.....I believe them! [Re: fireduck]
    #9289310 -

Also stuff like this


Quote:
On January 2008 the CDC, in conjunction with Kaiser Permanente's Northern California Division of Research, launched a funded study of the unexplained skin condition known as Morgellons. A press conference was held on Jan 16, 2008 with Dr. Michele Pearson, principal investigator for the CDC, and Dr. Joe Selby, Director of Kaiser Permanente's Northern California Division of Research.[34] During the press conference, Dr. Pearson stated: "What I can tell you is real is the suffering that these patients are experiencing. I cannot characterize this as a syndrome, as disease. I can tell you it's an unexplained illness." Clinical examinations for the study will be done in Oakland, California.




--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Morgellon's Disease psiloblaze 469 2 02/05/08 02:59 AM
by Cancer
* Are soy products bad for you?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Legend 4,130 84 08/02/13 04:22 PM
by Shroomism
* *OFFICIAL* Chemtrail location guide
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
crummydustbunny 7,218 105 06/20/09 10:18 PM
by makaveli8x8
* oh god i fucked a fat chick *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
moon_glue 14,953 222 07/26/09 01:17 AM
by AmericanPsycho
* Chemtrails
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
stedenko 13,511 225 04/14/09 11:56 AM
by Asante
* Do you powder your balls?
( 1 2 3 all )
JunkFood 3,569 55 08/03/11 10:06 PM
by Billahat
* Chemtrails
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
satyr 8,649 104 10/01/08 01:48 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Scary "new" plant/human disease blackguy 949 17 08/10/07 03:31 PM
by Brugman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,995 topic views. 9 members, 199 guests and 118 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.