Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags
    #9164970 -

So I just finally noced my bags - I did 1 Ecuador and 1 Amazonian.. My room is actual room temp - 68, and I feel thats too low for colonizing - so I have the bags in the shipping box they came in, which is on top of my cable box.. Ive heard of people saying that some bags come w/ the substrate almost in a brick, and to break it up and massage it - but I felt these bags were not like that.. The substrate is definitely fresh, and already had a potting soil like consistency.. I inoculated 3cc in each bag, and did half on each side.. I injected it directly along the plastic, so I could actually see the liquid squirting outta the needle.. No pics yet, cuz theres obviously nothing to see - but I hope to be posting some colonization in the next week or two!

Now I ordered the 5 pack of bags - but Im not using all of them at once.. If I do indeed mess up, Id rather still have a few bags left and not ruin them all.. But what I did was, I put these bags in a  big zip-lock, and squeezed all the air out.. I did this because Ive heard of bags drying out, and the humidity in my room is lower than 50%.. So, you think theyll keep for a month or so, in a zip-lock bag in my drawer??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9176986 -

Well as you know I inoculated two bags on Friday - Amazonian & Ecuador.

In just 3 days, I can clearly see 2 balls of white fuzz growing at the injection sites in the Amazonian bag.. :thumbup:

The Ecuador bag, I'm pretty sure there's still nothing in there..

Now anyone know how long it takes these bags to inflate up? They're getting puffy at the bottom of the bag, but definitely won't stand upright yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9177177 -

I am a newbmyself, but I do have some experience with TMS bags now.  Make sure to pull the top of the bag open at the air exchange filter.  I didnt do this at first.  The myc grew to about 35% and stopped. Pulled the bag around so the air filter could allow in fresh, and it exploded in growth.  Super fast.  As for the unused bags.  Roll em up and put them in the fridge.  I did the same thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: sparkplug]
    #9177300 -

Yea I have the top of the bag pulled up - it's just not filling up yet.. And searching the site I just found some info that seems to agree w/ what I have going on - that Amazonian is a fast colonizer, and that Ecuador is only an average colonizer sometimes taking up to a week to show germination.. The growth I have on the Amazonian after 3 days is by no means anything big - but I can definitely see a little mycelium right at the inoc. points..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9177748 -

Why did you inject into the plastic? That is what the inoculation point is for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: illusionn]
    #9178015 -

You read wrong - obviously I injected thru the port, but if you go in at an angle and inject the liquid right in between the substrate and plastic, it's alot better than burying the needle in the middle.. This is the same concept as noc'ing a jar, when you inject right along the glass..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9178092 -

Oh yea. I knew that - my bad, the "did half on each side" threw me off.
Everything sounds good though, although I don't think you need the ziplock as I don't think you really will lose that much moisture. Maybe try one without the ziplock and one with, see what does better.

Goodluck though. It took me a month and a half to harvest fruits with these bags if that helps at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: illusionn]
    #9178124 -

Thanks - I'm pretty pumped I'm seeing growth in 1 of em so soon, if the other one starts up I'll be a real happy camper..

And the ones I'm storing in the zip-lock bags, the guy who sells them said it wasn't a good idea, so I opened them a little bit just so there's air in there..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9178277 -

did you end up using a glove box or not?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: youngblood]
    #9178306 -

Nope, but I feel I was pretty careful.. I had new latex gloves on and sprayed oust.. I also did it in the middle of the room about 5 feet off the ground [I had a bar stool with a box on top of it].. I've read that contams are way worse near the walls, floors, corners, etc.. As I was sliding the cap of the needle, I had an alc. wipe covering it right up, so it wasn't exposed in the air.. And I wiped the port with another alc wipe and injected right thru it lol..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9181816 -

4 days from inoculation - both bags definitely have growth at the inoc points.. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9181868 -

J3illy said:
4 days from inoculation - both bags definitely have growth at the inoc points.. :thumbup:



You going to post any pics J3illy? I will be interested to see how your grow goes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: EthericOctopuss]
    #9181881 -

Yea I will.. I took some pics already, but nothing worth seeing really - just some small areas of white.. Bags aren't the easiest to photograph cuz of the plastic and the condensation inside em..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9182734 -

Here's a pic right here, but it really isn't too good at all.. Looking at the bag in person you can really see the growth up close, but you can at least get an idea of the mycellium growth starts off in a Mycobag.

Day 4


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9213322 -

How is this doing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: bakamono]
    #9213366 -

The Amazon bag is moving along faster than the Ecuador.. Here's a pic from earlier today.. The Ecuador is tougher to see, cuz the bag is puffy.. The Amazon bag the plastic was tight over the substrate so it's easier to see.. Just a little while ago tho, I managed to inflate both bags a little bit to get some air in there, so the Amazon bag has opened up at the bottom now..

Day 9

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9213401 -

:thumbup:


--------------------
But I'll bounce back for mine is a heart made of iron forged in the darkest smithy of despair! Alloyed with hate and melancholy! corroded by anger! oxidized by fury!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: doze]
    #9214101 -

Are the bags supose to look that wet?Or is it just the pictures


--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

My Growlog with Redboy,Amazon,and Brazilian

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: doze]
    #9214116 -

These next 3 I have a better plan for.. I'm gonna knock each bag w/ 4cc using 4 separate inoc. points.. I'm gonna do the same 2 that I did w/ these bags, in the front - but I'm also gonna do 2 more in the back of the substrate.. I think w/ colonization growing from the 4 corners inward, it'll be much more efficient.. The needle is only going in once, and you just move it around to each spot..

The bags do look wetter in the pic, because of the condensation and whatnot - but these have the perfect moisture content to be able to fruit right inside the bag.. You dunk after each flush of course..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9214404 -

Arent you setting yourself up for more chance of failure, by putting more than one inoculation point? Ive heard 1-2cc is fine... that more should be avoided? 4cc in 4 points? Why not just do one spot, then wait for it to grow a little, and mix it up.... same effect only less chance of failure right?


--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

My Growlog with Redboy,Amazon,and Brazilian

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What to inoculate a mycobag with? osmosis 568 1 02/03/03 12:55 AM
by SubGen1us
* Mycobag Query
( 1 2 all )
Tweexican 3,883 39 11/17/03 04:32 PM
by beanchild
* Mycobag Problems: Possible contam? shroominbloom 1,196 6 01/20/03 01:47 PM
by daussaulit
* Mycobag question frock 1,638 9 03/08/04 03:14 PM
by frock
* MycoBag Question LucidFenix119 1,227 13 05/05/03 03:52 PM
by TerrapinSunrise
* fugged up substrate megosh 698 6 05/05/03 07:13 PM
by megosh
* TM's Outdoor Mound O' Shrooms...
( 1 2 all )
TM 3,414 34 09/07/03 10:11 AM
by Magash
* Substrate depth reite 3,485 6 07/19/02 10:00 PM
by Anno

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
5,181 topic views. 14 members, 428 guests and 342 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.