Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
Re: COULD ANYONE DIRECT ME TO A BULK GROWING TEK THAT HAS THAT IS NOT SUPER DIFFICULT
    #91320 - 12/24/99 10:40 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't tried other liquid mycelium tek but the use of the honey instead of malt it's only because it's so easy to find it...also the honey it's a complex food with sugars, minerals etc. so it might be better as nutrient for the mycelium....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
Re: COULD ANYONE DIRECT ME TO A BULK GROWING TEK THAT HAS THAT IS NOT SUPER DIFFICULT [Re: CLuB99]
    #91321 - 12/25/99 02:55 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Well, hips bulk tek does not work...so dont use it.....here is what I would do for a bulk tek and you can improvise to make more or less....

go ahead and grow out your jars like normal..... get some FP spawn bags fill with more substrate seal and sterilze....once the jars are 100% colonized take the spawn bags and jars...over your oven (or a flow hood if you have one) break up the colonized jar and put in the spawn bag...seal and shake....wait till colonization dump in a tray and case.

if this is to be used I suggest a Euro-sealer as it will seal the Spawn Bags and it has a bag cutter on it....the Spawn bags if handled right can be opened and resealed and even reused as they are autoclaveable....

One can even go as far as this :tongue:

Get the Spawn bags fill with substrate.....seal and sterilize then inoculate the substrate through the bag. Colonization will take longer...unless more spore water is used.....for this I would use 3-4CCs.......

Either of this should work well for bulk use...

NOTE: I have not personally tried the above...they are only my ideas (and others as well) I have presented them here only as an option.

Good luck and may the Shroom God :biggrin: upon your crops!

------------------
"My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk"
-Quote from Eminem-

~PanTrop~

[This message has been edited by PanTrop (edited December 25, 1999).]

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Anonymous

Re: COULD ANYONE DIRECT ME TO A BULK GROWING TEK THAT HAS THAT IS NOT SUPER DIFFICULT [Re: CLuB99]
    #91323 - 12/25/99 12:51 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, yu dont need to spend some much money buying spawn bags form Fungi Perfecti, plus wait so ong for it to come (when you really want something, it'll seem forever until it heppens).

I suggest go to your local supermarket, buy heat resistant plastic bags, in which you will put your substrate. Than, sterilize, in a glove box, flow hood, or next to the oven, break your cakes, and mix with the substrate in the bags. Let it sit until fully colonizd, then case and fruit.

Later,
tweedy.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #91324 - 12/27/99 10:10 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

heat resistant bags (oven bags) suck! The filter bags are worth every penny.
MHOOC

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#91325 - 12/26/99 11:15 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Don't waste spore syringes on the bags, they contam too damn fast and don't make it. Try mixing in a colonized cake as PanTrop described. My friend is thinking of trying it first time in a few.

River Valley Farms has the same bags for 0.75 apiece, save some money. (I don't know about shipping..)

------------------
I think the monkeys at the zoo should have to wear sunglasses so they can't hypnotize you.

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
    #91326 - 12/27/99 01:24 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Thank You Buffalo Trance.....I dont know exactly when I will be able to play with the bulk tek I described....but if anyone gives it a go before I get a chance,please let me know the outcome as I believe it could be the bulk tek for the shroomery.....sure the bags arent cheap (im working to bring these bags to all of us for 5.00 US including shipping) but they are by far tops when it comes to producing bulk, cheaper than jars,(larger size jars)and can be reused if handled properly...I figure 1 1/2 pint jar would colonize a bulk substrate filled spawn bag(cake has to broken apart to help colonization of entire substrate) in a matter of days(1-5) under the correct temps.

------------------
"My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk"
-Quote from Eminem-

~PanTrop~

--------------------

OfflineThe Brain
journeyman
    #91327 - 12/29/99 05:11 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I would like to get some filter bags.

Anonymous

#91328 - 01/03/00 06:33 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Same friend who couldn't get spore syringes to work on a spawn bag failed getting a 1/2 pt. cake to colonize a bag. Substrate was 2 parts birdseed, 1 part verm.
(6 cp birdseed, 3 cp verm) He says lay some silverware knives on top of the bag to keep it from expanding + blocking the top of the pressure cooker.

Next time he tries, I told him to think about using brf+verm substrate since he has trouble with birdseed in general.

Maybe his oven didn't work well for sterilization. He says 'screw it' for now, as jars + cakes can produce enough for him. But why not take a cake from his next batch and give it a try? He doesn't listen.
http://www.rivervalleyfarm.com/ for bags. Tell me if they deliver quickly.

------------------
Please don't chase the clouds, pagodas.

Invisiblenight trainV
Stranger
Male

Loc: Midwest US
    #91329 - 01/03/00 07:16 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Tell him to try 6qt. vermiculite and 1/2 cup brown rice per bag. Wet it a little less than you would for jars. Fold down the bag and secure w/ a clothes pin or other clip device to keep it from inflating in the cooker. Cook at 15psi for 20 minutes in a pressure cooker. Let sit in cooker til it's good and cool. Clean your innoculation room well. Spray the air w/ 5% alcohol and water mix or lysol. Remove bag from cooker and toss in 1 fresh out of the jar cake. Seal bag w/ eurosealer or other bag sealer. Hold the cake against the side of bag and break it up thoroughly. Mix it all well and let it sit for a couple weeks. Let it start to pin in the bag before cutting off the bag and putting cake into the humidity box. Just a thought or two on the subject.

--------------------
Lil' Shop of Spores - Exotic Mushroom Spores From Around the World
Save 10% Off Any Order Use Coupon Code: SHROOMERY

Anonymous

#91330 - 01/04/00 06:38 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

what happened to good old straw pateurization?
I grow my shrooms on pasteurized straw.I prewet 2 kilo's of straw, divided over two sheets (1 meter x 1 meter)of cotton cloth in a large rice steamer (60 liters) over 24 hours, until it reaches about 75% moisture. Then I steam it for 3 hours at 60 degrees celsius. Then i leave it at about 50 degrees celsius on my heater for 24 hours. After that, I spawn it in the shower in 2 trays, wrapping it into the cloth at the end. Then I wrap that, in a plastic bag which I perforate and let it incubate. See Stamets.
Steaming straw provides for a lower degree of moisture than bathing it, which should prevent trichoderma outbreaks. Wrapping the straw in a piece of cheechecloth helps to keep it together so it doesn't slip into those nasty, easily contaminating sides of the plastic bag.
Goodluck

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
    #91331 - 01/05/00 04:07 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

what ever happend to just using a galvinized garbage can with a propane single burner for heat? seems alot simpler than all that rigamaroll, and hell if using a 55 gallon drum works for Staments, then it works for me......(I know I did not mention useing a 55 gallon drum, these are not easily obtained for all of us) man, talk about making things complicated

------------------
"To all the weed I've smoked......yo this blunts for you"

"To all the people I've offended.....Yea, FUCK YOU TOO!
~Quote from Eminem~

~PanTrop~

--------------------

Anonymous

#91332 - 01/05/00 08:46 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Just for everyones information ,,,extreme caution should be used when trying to heat water in any "galvanized" container since toxic fumes are emmited when the galvanized coating is heated.

A much safer idea is to use a porcelean covered steel container or a large aluminum pot.

Per Hoyt. :-)

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
    #91333 - 01/07/00 08:30 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

yea I guess I should have mention that.....well I wentt with my orginal thought but, builder is right.....I was really just trying to say hey.....screw the complicated bull....

PS. Who in the hell would stand there and watch the garbage can for an hour anyway?
hummm.

[This message has been edited by PanTrop (edited January 07, 2000).]

--------------------

OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #91335 - 01/07/00 12:31 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, i once was in your situation. Well its gonna cost some money to get your bulk setup going but if you know what your doing you can make 4x the amount back in 2 months. You best bet is to buy a good sized p cooker, like the all american 921, thats what i have :smile:, it can hold 4 1/2 gallon jars. Each jar hold 4 cups of seed and 2 cups water. And 4 cups of seed will get you at least 2 oz dry. The best tek has still got to be the ole quart jar way but read the tek on workmans site, he has a few adaptions that work better and really lower the contam rate. http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/Spore_Works/GroDraft.html Good luck
Mycelium5150

--------------------
Mad skills, you know this!!!

I am here to Myth Bust

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures