Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Something Wicked this Way Comes....
    #891738 - 09/18/02 05:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ok Folks, I have had it.
The Oracle is Pissed that this Forum is treated like a red-headed StepChild. :mad:

Having explored the possibilities on how to make this Forum better - The only way I can see is to make the Subject Matter more Palletable to Joe Q Shroom.

By Offering a variety of Topics along with the Literature, say Film ,Art and Sculpture, People who aren't Bookish may still come to flex their Filmology / Art Haus Muscles .

It has been my experience that it only takes an introduction to a new and different way of Seeing to make a Person interested,  possibly interested enough to hit the Library/ Join a Chat/ Get Some Culture in this Cultureless Society.

First things First, I am in the Process of Changing the Name of the Forum.  It should be something that Includes the 3 Topics Literature/Film & Art (Fine not Digi) Anyone who likes this Forum should contribute one idea. this is YOUR PLACE.

I would also like to return to the Original 'Read Along" Theory - I cant describe it any better than a specific work/book is chosen, and then the Group as a Whole reads/views it, and a Discussion follows. (like College, with less drugs  :grin:)
This can also be ascribed to Art/Artitst, if you are luckly enough to live near a Museum, or have good Art Books.

My ultimate Goal is a Selfish One: I want the Book CLub to be Popular. I want to get as many people to read, go to museums, share conversations full of piss and vinegar, and good natured heckling. - I want it to be a Beatnick After Hours Club. People who have never been to the Book Club,  will see it as a Place for People who share a Love of the Arts, and maybe see something New.  Opening new Doors of Perception otherwise unopened before.

Of course if You have Ideas Post them here or drop me a line - I love getting Mail - as long as it is not from Sallie Mae. :crazy:     

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Something Wicked this Way Comes.... [Re: Anonymous]
    #892040 - 09/18/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

wouldn't that blur the lines between this forum and the creative arts/mulitmedia forum?

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Anonymous

Re: Something Wicked this Way Comes.... [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #892053 - 09/18/02 07:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

No.
I will try to be more plain:
Creative Arts is for works fo art and literatue created by Members on the Boards.

Film Arts Fourm (good name btw) Will be strictly for Works other people have created.
Big Difference. - OoD
-OoD

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #892059 - 09/18/02 08:01 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

well... sniff.. sniff... you didn't have to yell at me ..... :frown:

I forgive you though.  :laugh:
/me lixes OoD's eyeballs

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #892212 - 09/18/02 09:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

May I suggest...

:smirk:

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (09/18/02 09:13 PM)

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
    #892643 - 09/19/02 05:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Since moving away from Maryland I am no where near a museum or gallery  :frown:  I like your read along idea as long as the book is good (classic, history, biography).

I think Sallie Mae is being investigated for their tactic of stalling students' ability to consolidate their loans at the moment.  Are you having this problem?   

Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
    #892822 - 09/19/02 07:05 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

It might be a good idea but the Creative Arts forum isn't just discussing shroomery members art. They discuss all forms of art except books. Whether the forum is supposed to be one or the other doesn't matter. If we change this to include other forms of art won't we have to identical forums? Just asking.

But I do like to discuss films also as long as it isn't the newest austin powers or MIB movie. Those aren't films, they are advertisments for the proliferation of stupidity in this country. You can watch them but don't try to find any hidden themes and then attempt to "discuss". And YES I do hate pop culture that much.

On to the discussion of a group book. It is a fine idea in theory but I am usually reading 2-3 books at any one time. This doesn't leave me a lot of reading time for another book. I can try but no guarantees.

In summary I would like to conclude... Yep.

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

Anonymous

Re: Something Wicked this Way Comes.... [Re: postalboy]
    #894253 - 09/19/02 06:04 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

PB
I hear what youare saying, and I have been thinking of that too.
Creative Arts is mostly Art done by members, I have seen a few cartoons/illustration by 'professional' Artitsts, but in my limited expereince, it is mainly Music /MP3's - and Digi Art.

I would insist the Art would be by a' Professional' (its the best term I can use) - This is a fine line, and as a professional artist, a bit insulting - But rest asured, the Division is more for seperation than for segration.

And as for the 'Film' dilemma - yes I agree Pop Culture Films Like MIB and Glitter are crap. But ppl like crap. Just turn on the radio. I however dont.
I make the distinction by saying 'Film" as opposed to 'Movies' If a Movie was brought to the Table for discussion, and it was 'Pop' say Spiderman, I would not lock the thread, if the Poster could have a serious dialogue about it, and reveal some of its 'hidden' meanings - Since most would not be able to accomplish this, I dont see a problem.

So, It seems we are on the same page here.
I hope everyone is thinking of a good name for the new Forum.
-OoD

Anonymous

Re: Something Wicked this Way Comes.... [Re: Frog31337]
    #894260 - 09/19/02 06:07 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am sorry to hear you have moved to a gallery Free Zone. - that is a shame. But dont count out a good art book - an over sized plate in a good art book can be very instructive .
And as for that Dominatrix Sallie Mae - I am experiencing the bi monthly 'Sell off' of my Loans to 'Other' Loan Financies - who seem to be OK with doubling my Interest rates. Every time I make a payment, my Balance goes up!
:mad:-OoD

Anonymous

Re: Something Wicked this Way Comes.... [Re: Shroomism]
    #894267 - 09/19/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

indeed.
thast how i feel when i see this forum withering.
-OoD

Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
    #895305 - 09/20/02 07:27 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Excellent.  I am glad some people see the difference between movies and films.    Then count me in.  I love good films  almost as much as a good book.  And I love books.  They kept me alive and kicking through some rough patches.

I am not so much an art lover but I do like certain artists enough to discuss them. (Heironymous Bosch, Dali, etc)  But I am always open to new things.  I also live about 2 hours drive from the nearest art gallery/museum.  I did drive about 5 hours to see a HUGE Van Gogh exhibit in Detroit last (? year before) year.  Was great but I'm more of a literature buff. 

Forum name  Perhaps just simply  Literature, Film, and the Arts.  In any order I suppose, but Literature should be first since it should take precedence here.  Just my opinion.  :smile:      Postalboy 

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

Anonymous

#895704 - 09/20/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

PB
I was toying with almost hat exact title
" Literary Arts & Film Forum " It seems to sum it up nicely.
Hope to see you there.
-OoD

Anonymous

#895706 - 09/20/02 10:42 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

PB
I was toying with almost hat exact title
" Literary, Arts & Film Forum " It seems to sum it up nicely.
Hope to see you there.
-OoD

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag