Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Garden State. wicked flick
    #4402704 -

Awsome movie. definately worth a view. whatdya think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: elthamsubs]
    #4402755 -

good and bad


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: elthamsubs]
    #4402917 -

I thought it lacked focus. Also Natalie Portman's character seemed kinda thrown in at the last min. Like 'WOW she said yes, well we'll have to write something in!'

Although it was kinda funny to watch someone Jewish explain Jewish custom to someone else that is Jewish. Specifically one that learned Hebrew before she learned English.

http://www.somethingjewish.co.uk/articles/60_5_facts_about_natali.htm

I guess her character isn't, I guess there not banking on the audience being able to tell or something...

I know this film was going for a personal growth thing, but I think it failed.

I did, however, really like the Fru Fru track 'Let go' or what ever it is called. The one is all like "Cuz there's beauty in the break down"
Really good example of modern orchestration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: elthamsubs]
    #4403277 -

I love that movie.

Half of the reason why I like it is b/c the excellent soundtrack though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: Redstorm]
    #4403283 -

I really liked the movie too. I also thought Natalie Portman did a great acting job in that movie. (having only seen her in Star Wars previous to this)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: MOTH]
    #4403423 -

I don't think any of it was acted badly. Actually alot of it was acted well.

I just didn't like how the plot kinda just meandered. There didn't really seem to be much of a point. It kinda felt like it was going to be the first eposide of a t.v. series or something.

Edited by Anisotropic (07/14/05 12:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: elthamsubs]
    #4406079 -

That movie gave me a really good overall feeling after I watched it.  The people in it seemed genuine.

So I guess I liked it  :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: slime_R]
    #4406132 -

natalie portman is a horrible and over-paid actress. the movie was nicely directed, but natalie portman stunk it up with her shwag acting skills.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4406240 -

schwag is schwag... but it's still got THC baby!

Garden state is one of the ever growing plot-less indie movies like lost in translation that focus on emotion and life itself rather than standard preface, story, climax, resolution.. which I can dig. Movies are focusing more on an emotion/idea like disillusionment, love vs hate, etc instead of a story... which is more true to art... at least in my opinion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: BrAiN]
    #4414801 -

Movies being focussed on character aren't some brand new trend.

But anyways, I hated this movie.

I thought the characters were extremely lame. Natalie Portman's performance seemed like a charicature of an annoying moron, making her even more annoying and stupid than she was supposed to be. The whole thing with his brother getting the ring was just sappy Hollywood sentinmentality... in fact the whole movie was, I really don't see why so many people thought it was so great. It was just a lame cliched growing up story dressed up like some kind of cutting edge indie thing.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: Phluck]
    #4429170 -

Yeah I didn't think it was anything special.
The beginning was OK, but then it just slacked off and sucked the big one.
I also thought Lost in Translation blew.


--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: Adamist]
    #4430885 -

the waking up to the full-plate midevil knight scene had me in stitches. funniest thing i think ive ever seen in a movie. i was right in the main character's shoes.. thinking WTF?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: Grav]
    #4431347 -

Movie was crap to me, direction was desperate for genuity. Natalie Portman needs to be sent to a a Mexican village in teh Yucatan province. That movie also failed to emit the "Garden State" feeling. I live in the garden state and that is a damn faggy interpretation of the vibes in this area. I give it an A for effort, but it was very plastic to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: elthamsubs]
    #4618845 -

I just saw this movie. It was great! It was the first movie in a long time that actually made me feel something. The story was completely believable and the characters were ordinary, down-to-earth people. And i thought the acting was fantastic. Plus it had some of the best dry humor ever.

This movie also got me hooked on The Shins.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: elthamsubs]
    #4619473 -

Horrible. It reminded me of people trying (unsuccessfully) to be like the people I hate.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: IAmTheWalrus212]
    #4620099 -

Which people do you hate?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: elthamsubs]
    #4620315 -

Insanity! I hated it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Garden State. wicked flick [Re: moog]
    #4631340 -

Some of my friends :laugh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* "Garden State" JacquesCousteau 1,103 9 11/15/04 05:16 PM
by JacquesCousteau
* Real Big FISH...NIce Flick orizon 1,036 10 01/14/04 03:07 AM
by Strumpling
* Drug Ed Flicks frogsheath 1,145 7 11/25/02 06:47 PM
by Anonymous
* Favorite Adam Sandler Flick Penguin 781 3 10/28/02 01:16 PM
by
* Favorite Adam Sandler Flick Penguin 662 1 10/27/02 05:44 AM
by Penguin
* My wax garden (pic) djurg 680 4 03/02/04 07:04 AM
by scotsman1
* Selby Botanical Gardens (pics) Peaceful_Nomad 845 3 10/20/02 03:26 PM
by TeKHeAD009
* altered states yelimS 1,523 14 03/19/04 12:37 AM
by Papaver

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,123 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.