Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemeatman
Goner
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Underwater Lake
Cloning:9er Tek vs. Agar cultures
    #890887 - 09/18/02 12:02 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Hello Everyone!Let me say first that I've done a lot of reading, searching, and researching and have not found these answers. If they can be found I would appreciate a response including a link or general area of where the info can be found. Sorry if a couple questions aren't so advanced, but a couple may be.

Secondly, these ideas are known by reading, not experience, and I may have taken something the wrong way. Please correct me.

The 9er tek(cloning) can be used to innoc grain and pf style cakes. You could innoc many jars right after the process and get successful results. Opinion: To me the 9er cloning process seems more advantageous than agar (petri dish) cloning because it is less time consuming and a little easier.

Some questions
1. How well does mushroom tissue (prepared a la 9er tek/h2o2) perform compared to mycelium from agar (again a cloned piece) By that I mean comparing colonization time, strength of mycelium, and fruitbody qualities, what are the advantages/disad...
2. When using the 9er cloning process, can you use h2o2? If i used 145ml water, dropped in a chunk of mushroom, how much h2o2 could i effectively add?
3. How long could you clone the 9er tek before the strain starts becoming weak and needs to start from spores again?
4. In mycofile or club99's bulk reports, would using the 9er tek to clone be just as effective as isolation on agar? Why or why not?
5. This question seems to be an obvious yes to me, but I have to ask because I've read you can't do it (for some strange reason). Can you innoculate agar in a petri dish w/tissue water (again made by 9er tek) with success? If the answer is no, could you explain.

I thank anyone who took the time and patience to read this post. Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated, and answers would be great. shroom bless you and Thanks guys.

ps GO BROWNS!  :grin:

--------------------
"I don't do drugs. I am drugs." -Dali
Everything I post is a complete fabrication made for your entertainment.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: Cloning:9er Tek vs. Agar cultures [Re: meatman]
    #891029 - 09/18/02 01:16 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!

Invisiblemeatman
Goner
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Underwater Lake
Re: Cloning:9er Tek vs. Agar cultures [Re: durban_poison]
    #891219 - 09/18/02 03:16 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

woooo! party!

no, but, really, any thoughts on my post?

--------------------
"I don't do drugs. I am drugs." -Dali
Everything I post is a complete fabrication made for your entertainment.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology