Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

EQ's... Howcome? PICS..
    #887577 - 09/17/02 06:39 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Whats the deal, this is my second grow and these EQ's wont grow Striahg up.

They keep falling over, i have a fish tank bubbler going in there. SWo i assume that there is enough Oxygen

Also I am sure the RH is 90+

Light is about 12/12

I looked through the Grow FAQ... What causes shrooms to fall over and grow sideways as you see in the pics

MiNT
-I kmnow its not an even pinset..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlueBus
Re: EQ's... Howcome? PICS.. [Re: Anonymous]
    #887625 - 09/17/02 07:14 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Nice dart.............about your problem. You can always try putting a blanket or something around the sides of your terrarium so no light can get in from the sides and put a light above the terrarium. They should grow toward the light........but keep in mind mushrooms have a mind of their own and some like to rebel against mother nature and grow whatever direction they want. Damn shrooms hardly ever mind, they must be punished..........lets eat em'

BlueBus

--------------------
I paid good money to see myself fall apart, I'm not about to give up now.

OfflineShroomBoarder
screechingweasel fan

#887637 - 09/17/02 07:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i agree with bluebus, but i see wuite a few abhorts there, maybe its just the batch of shrooms has something wrong with it, i dont know how to word it, so dont even listen to me until somebody else says something.

--------------------

"Twizzlers, in the chinesed state...."

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
    #887686 - 09/17/02 07:40 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

How often do you fan, if at all? That might help correct the abort problem somewhat. To answer your question, are the mushrooms growing sideways or are they growing up then fall over? I have seen EQ's that grow sideways, that really isn't a problem. I have also seen EQ's that grow in a spiral shape, THAT is weird! If they are falling over because of weight you might try a different casing mix (It looks like you are using straight verm, correct?) I recommend 50/50+. Either way you are facing a minor problem. The % aborts should be more of a concern, but thats just my thoughts.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #887753 - 09/17/02 07:59 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Impart, ----------> water content weight & gravity :laugh:.

With good rh, nutrients & proper ventilation, these can get big. Since they are 90% water. They also can get very heavy. Because the tissue is not all that strong of fiber, they tend to lean -- when thick bodied & as they get taller.

You might add some more "body/weight" to your next batch of casing material. Simple sand helps create a heavy & stable "foundation".

How deep is your substrate & what does your casing material consist of & how deep is it, also?

6T :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineXiC_clone
Calls Shots 'Round Here
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth 25XX
    #887764 - 09/17/02 08:03 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Try adding some crushed oyster shells to the caseing mix. The use it to grab a hold of and get their bearings. So they might not fall over as much. Or @least this is wat I have read.

-XiC

--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Anonymous

Re: EQ's... Howcome? PICS.. [Re: XiC_clone]
    #887780 - 09/17/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Casing is stright vermic.. Pressure cooked for sterility and applied about 1/4-1/2 inch.

Where can i purchase oyster shells and also.. for my next batch what is a good nutritiouscasing (ie peet) that doesnt seem to contam easily.

I have been using stright vermic because i was advised that it was less prone to contam because its not nutritious..

DO they have Oyster Shells at wlmart or Home Depot?

MiNT

Anonymous

#887789 - 09/17/02 08:11 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Also I made a nice little video.. Its about 13 megs. I just dont have a place to upload it and link it to. If anyone has some free ftp space let me know. I just used the video function on my friends Digi..

If anyone is interested in seeing it PM me.. Or let me knwo where i can upload it to.

MiNT

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
    #888133 - 09/17/02 10:20 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Like I posted earlier, try the 50/50+ Contam resistant and includes the wonderful oyster shell. You can purchase oyster shell from feed stores.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom