Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Didgeridoo - help me please... some questions [Re: circularvortex]
    #8841842 -



--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Didgeridoo - help me please... some questions [Re: Psy Baba]
    #8841878 -

Anyone have a link to a good tek on circular breathing?  So far all I'm aware of are some sketchy practice techniques involving a straw and a glass of drinking water.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Didgeridoo - help me please... some questions [Re: smokeybear]
    #8841911 -

now all you have to do is come to the drum circle.

we need some more didjers

theres a few good ones.

im gonna start takin the conch shell.

think a didjerdoo is hard to get to sound...but once you hit that perfect note on the shell, it gives chills


--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Didgeridoo - help me please... some questions [Re: just me]
    #8843125 -

it should be fun to play with at grateful fest around the fire this weekend, I need to practice some more tonight :laugh: :rasta:


--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Didgeridoo - help me please... some questions [Re: andrewss]
    #8843284 -

Oh I just recently picked up a didge as well!  It's PVC, but still sounds alright.  I'm getting a wooden one once I get all the techniques down.  I wouldn't want to get a super expensive one to start out with and end up not liking the instrument or anything.

The basic drone is pretty easy but I'm also having trouble with circular breathing.  Whenever I push out with my lips as I take in a breath it sounds more high-pitched like some kind of terrible farting noise.  It drives me insane.  Obviously I'm doing it wrong so all I can do is keep trying I guess. :shrug:

I LOVE the harmonizing aspect of it though when you add vocals.




Oh and I don't think anybody mentioned the purpose of the beeswax mouthpiece since somebody asked, and AFAIK it's just for comfort, but it can also be shaped to the individual's desire unlike the rubber mouthpieces that most PVC didges have (like mine).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* planning on buying didgeridoo
( 1 2 all )
danlennon3 1,997 29 09/20/05 05:22 PM
by In(di)go
* for you didgeridoo players out there nightkrawler 986 19 12/18/06 07:12 PM
by nightkrawler
* Didgeridoo's and Music Fungushungry 1,022 11 11/27/04 04:49 PM
by DreaMaTrix
* northern california didgeridoo festival king_cobra 610 3 09/12/05 08:25 PM
by Todcasil
* My new didgeridoo Mr Wobblehead 1,797 10 01/07/03 06:17 AM
by DreaMaTrix
* go make a didgeridoo!
( 1 2 all )
andrewss 3,498 26 05/27/09 03:45 PM
by Kada
* Didgeridoo razmablues 633 7 04/14/08 02:37 PM
by razmablues
* The Land Of The Free (A question for Americans) Jackal 3,186 19 08/08/03 07:54 PM
by PDU

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,819 topic views. 7 members, 14 guests and 82 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.