Anonymous #30 said:
Quote: I just meant that a lot of people will be hesitant to vote for someone who so consistently, and often bluntly, stomps their ideas into the ground.
That's what debate is...it's not counseling, it's not hand-holding, it's not gathering around the campfire to sing "Kumbaya."
Fallacy of the excluded middle. Something the smartest poster on the boards should know about. So evidently, you're not.
I think it is hard to judge who is the smartest poster, not only by criteria, but merely because some posters probably hide their intelligence for the sake of blending in. Others flaunt it for various reasons while others are just being themselves.
Madtowntripper says he is probably the most intelligent and his posts back that up to a degree. Seuss is highly intelligent, but voting for him could be construed as sucking up since he can read who wrote what. He is highly intelligent. Similarly, Papaver, if you've ever read his writings outside the Shroomery, is highly articulate and very smart. RogerRabbit has written books and is very knowledgeable and intelligent.
Smart and wise? That's easy.
PinkSharkMark.
The Veterans know who I mean.
|