Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Your idea of a comfortable, easy evening
    #8815251 -

You know, I've always wanted a fireplace. Sometimes I think it would be great to sit near a crackling fire, sipping on some good wine while reading a really good book or poetry while soft classical music plays in the background. Maybe I'm just getting old. I really enjoy my alone time at night. What do you personally read and listen to on nights when you just want to relax, meditate, or chill out? Or do you even read at all?

I really love stuff like this (by Gorecki), but I don't like it when her voice gets so high. What I prefer is music you can put on in the background and just absorb, usually instrumental and deep in pitch.


Edited by seek (08/23/08 11:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your idea of a comfortable, easy evening [Re: seek]
    #8815277 -

Smoke a little Joint, put on Pandora Radio, set to play artists that sound like PortisHead, and thats all i need


--------------------
Genesis 1:29 - Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your idea of a comfortable, easy evening [Re: seek]
    #8815768 -

Lately I have been listening a lot to a two-disc set I got called A State of Wonder - it comprises two separate recording sessions, 40 years apart, that Glenn Gould did of Bach's Goldberg Variations.  The first disc, which was Gould's breakout record and made him internationally renowned, is lively, jaunty, springy with the youth of his fingers. The second disc is slower, more pensive, shows his age and maturity.

I've listened to each disc probably 20 times now and always find something new, and there is such curious interplay between the two. For anyone who is a fan of Glenn Gould, of Bach, of piano, I recommend it most highly.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* . z_x_x_z 1,397 12 05/15/05 10:53 AM
by podwarrior
* Portishead is coming back OneMoreRobot3021 765 8 01/24/08 02:20 PM
by derx
* portishead? knumb 638 1 04/02/03 08:31 PM
by soylent_green
* A Portishead Question................... OctopusDr 885 7 12/16/03 01:56 PM
by MadadaM
* Portishead.....DJ Shadow....? badjessejames 582 1 03/17/03 08:23 AM
by Middleman
* Need some ironic ideas ArmFromTheAbyss 1,081 4 06/23/03 04:36 AM
by frogsheath
* New Computer Ideas *DELETED* phrozendata 745 5 08/12/02 04:54 PM
by tps
* Book Club Idea Frog31337 2,030 8 08/21/02 07:11 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
439 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 8 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.017 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.