Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

Loc: derby city
A The Substrates of The Rainbow ...
    #863580 - 09/04/02 12:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

OK  .... i've attmepted mycology twice already ... the first time i used the BRF in cakes. it bred minimal results. second time was teh same ... but the condtions of the jars were under the watch of my lazy slovenly friend ... and they all died. now ... i'm on my own ... and i'm hooked up with a syringe of creeper and a syringe of EQ's. i want to try about half of each jar for this process ... just in case it all goes to hell. i want to try a jar of each substrate to see what produces the best results. they'll all be cased in 50/50 peat moss + hydrated lime flour ... or crushed oyster. i already have the lime flour so i'll probably use that ... unless i feel like taking a trip down to the local seafood market to search for discarded oyster shells .. fun fun. so here are the substrates that i know of ...

* BRF
* finch seed
*rye berry
*whole rye flour
*compost ... what kind? my parents have a compost pile in the backyard ... could i use that?

does anyone suggest anything else?
does anyone predict a certain one?

about agar ... do i just take a sample of my best shroomie ... stick it in agar ... let it percolate ... and put that into a jar ... what exactly is bulk substrate? thanks my peoples!

much love to the shroomerites ... you all seem to be more worthy of my trust than most of my friends have turned out to be. thanks! :grin: 

--------------------
The times are good. The living is easy. The vibes are zingy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: A The Substrates of The Rainbow ... [Re: Prodijal_Son]
    #863589 - 09/04/02 12:11 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>my parents have a compost pile in the backyard ... could i use that?
No, you need a specially prepared composts made mainly from straw and horse dung.

>what exactly is bulk substrate?
http://shroomery.org/faq/faq.php?display=faq&nr=120&catnr=10&prog=1&lang=en

OfflineCubies4Me
Child of theShroom

Loc: Another Realm
    #863619 - 09/04/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

dont use compost in jars. my opinion is that rye is the best but birdseed worked just as good for me but was more prone to contams. if u do make your own compost and use it, use it as a bulk substrate(u know what that is from anno's link :grin:)

about agar ... do i just take a sample of my best shroomie ... stick it in agar ... let it percolate ... and put that into a jar ... what exactly is bulk substrate? thanks my peoples!

I have never bothered with agar but i know it is not like what you said, so again the faq has the answers about agar and stuff or u can search if no one posts a better answer, sorry i cant be of more help

--------------------
:tongue:
  Livin comfortably numb, always and forever.

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #863620 - 09/04/02 12:27 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

dunno if this info is gonna be of any help to you, but here it is: i have already used rye flour and rye grains with success. now i am experimenting with organic grown corn flour - btw, i like working with corn flour, dunno why though lol

Kykeon
athens greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: A The Substrates of The Rainbow ... [Re: kykeon]
    #865066 - 09/05/02 07:21 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Ive hard alot of good storied with rye berrys. You sound like you are on the right track. in the grow/find section there are some agar pages wich are pretty informative, better than we could describe. I wish you luck :laugh:

OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

Loc: derby city
Re: A The Substrates of The Rainbow ... [Re: tak_old]
    #866491 - 09/06/02 04:14 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

thank you my people. damnit i love the shroomery.

--------------------
The times are good. The living is easy. The vibes are zingy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures