Home | Community | Message Board

Radical Mycology Book by Chthaeus Press
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Seizing Saudi Oil Fields
    #864288 - 09/04/02 09:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Since September 11, however, it has become increasingly apparent to the US administration that the Saudi regime is vulnerable. Both on the streets and in the leading families, including the royal family, there are increasingly anti-western voices. Osama bin Laden is just one prominent example. The love affair with America is ending. Reports of the removal of billions of dollars of Saudi investment from the United States may be difficult to quantify, but they are true. The possibility of the world's largest oil reserves falling into the hands of an anti-American, militant Islamist government is becoming ever more likely - and this is unacceptable.

The Americans know they cannot stop such a revolution. They must therefore hope that they can control the Saudi oil fields, if not the government. And what better way to do that than to have a large military force in the field at the time of such disruption. In the name of saving the west, these vital assets could be seized and controlled. No longer would the US have to depend on a corrupt and unpopular royal family to keep it supplied with cheap oil. If there is chaos in the region, the US armed forces could be seen as a global saviour. Under cover of the war on terrorism, the war to secure oil supplies could be waged.

This whole affair has nothing to do with a threat from Iraq - there isn't one. It has nothing to do with the war against terrorism or with morality. Saddam Hussein is obviously an evil man, but when we were selling arms to him to keep the Iranians in check he was the same evil man he is today. He was a pawn then and is a pawn now. In the same way he served western interests then, he is now the distraction for the sleight of hand to protect the west's supply of oil. And where does this leave the British government? Are they in on the plan or just part of the smokescreen? The government speaks of morality and the threat posed by weapons of mass destruction, but can they really believe it?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,786332,00.html

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Duck Hunt, Enemy Enforcer

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Seizing Saudi Oil Fields [Re: Xlea321]
    #864304 - 09/04/02 09:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Every middle eastern islamic nation is a dictatorship, except Turkey and Egypt. That is nothing new. In Kuwait it's the same. The Kuwaitis promised democratic reforms after the Gulf War. They lied. In Kuwait if you speak out against the royal family, against the ruling regime you dissapear and are never seen again. It's the same in Saudi Arabia and in the other nations as well. That will be our great experiment in Iraq when we install democracy. How will it last when the people are allowed to vote their own leader to rule over them? If successful it will threaten every other middle eastern dictatorship. I think that's why theyt are opposed to this war. They know they could be next (from interna revolution) if democracy thrives in Iraq.

We get 8% of our oil from the arabians. We can live without them, if necessary. In case you were unaware off the coasts of florida there is more untapped oil than in all the middle east. But it doesn't really matter for this discussion. The arabians will always export their oil, as long as they can. Oil in the ground is worthless, just like sand. They can not drink that oil. Oil exported is wealth, which they enjoy. They are glad to have our money in exchange for their oil, it is their wealth, afterall.

Now here's somefood for thought. Isn't it proper for a hegemon to make it's client states compete for it's business?

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: Seizing Saudi Oil Fields [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #864637 - 09/05/02 04:10 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Man, I'm so fucking pissed that we're still as dependent on oil now as we've ever been. Problem is, who am I pissed at--the oil companies, or us consumers? Except for those of us with our eyes turned into their sockets, it's become pretty clear to us that oil is bad for the health, and that oil companies are scum. But we're saying, "Hey, I am outraged by your actions! Gimme ten bucks on pump six..." It sure is a pickle, aint it?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Seizing Saudi Oil Fields [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #864788 - 09/05/02 06:36 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That will be our great experiment in Iraq when we install democracy.

LOL. When the US installed Saddam it was always referred to by the CIA as "our greatest coup". Somehow I don't think democracy is too high on the US list. Remember, a democracy might want control of their own oil fields.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Xlea321]
    #865000 - 09/05/02 08:43 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Seizing Saudi Oil Fields [Re: vatoloco]
    #865289 - 09/05/02 11:33 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yep.

And funded and armed him (including chemical and biological weapons) during the Iran-Iraq war.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: Seizing Saudi Oil Fields [Re: vatoloco]
    #865291 - 09/05/02 11:33 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

All this talk about installing new governments and bringing democracy to the arab world; what makes everyone so sure that these arab's want western Democracy? sure, they might hate their own leaders for the pain and suffering they may have caused, but when it really comes down to it; and the US is lobbing missiles into Iraq (again), do you really think Arabs will support the white man in their quest for noble liberation, or their arab brothers in the holy war?

To me, it seems like the age-old conflict between the East & West, and I doubt enough (a majority, as is needed for any kind of democracy) Arab's are interested in becoming 'westernized' through democracy...

also...
"We get 8% of our oil from the arabians"
"In case you were unaware off the coasts of florida there is more untapped oil than in all the middle east."

can you source any of that... i do not doubt you, im simply interested

Offlineperplexed
Re: Seizing Saudi Oil Fields [Re: foghorn]
    #866065 - 09/04/02 08:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I doubt him... I feel if that were true this thread would have never been started.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Seizing Saudi Oil Fields [Re: Xlea321]
    #866540 - 09/06/02 07:01 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

****When the US installed Saddam ****

The US never installed Saddam..they funded him but did not install him...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (09/06/02 07:02 AM)

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Seizing Saudi Oil Fields [Re: Innvertigo]
    #866549 - 09/06/02 07:07 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

The US never installed Saddam..they funded him but did not install him...

\

from 15,000 feet...

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Seizing Saudi Oil Fields [Re: puscle]
    #866558 - 09/06/02 07:13 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:grin:

i think more like 5'-8" or so

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion