Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
It's all about Oil...
    #843608 - 08/26/02 08:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's the oil that has us so economically addicted that we have resorted to the role of crack junkies who go down to the corner and buy what we feel need. This street corner vendor gets his supply from a chain of middlemen that ultimately links to big oil, the suppliers (pushers) who control the flow of this dangerous "drug".

It's the oil that led the Soviets to invade Afghanistan in the late '70s. And it was the oil that prompted the good ol' U.S of A to train the offshoot of Islam that produced the jihad that drove out the invaders. One of these components was the CIA-supported Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida. (which, like Frankenstein's monster, eventually turned on its creator and began blowing up U.S. embassies and similar targets.)

It was the oil that led the U.S. to look the other way when the Islamist Taliban imposed its brutal rule. Like the Soviets, companies like Unocal saw that the way to get to the vast oil fields of central Asia was by means of a pipeline route across Afghanistan. (which I have mentioned in previous posts) And the savage Taliban seemed able to bring stability to the region.

And, when the devout Taliban refused to take big oil's money, it was oil that prompted the U.S. to begin, according to The Washington Post in December of 2000, planning to take the country by force. (How convenient that 9-11 happened, giving the U.S. the freedom to take Afghanistan)

And it was oil that made the politicians look the other way as rich Saudis funneled money to the terrorists. And it was oil that made them look the other way as Americas other ally, Pakistan, did the same.

It is oil that leads the U.S. to support the brutal tactics of Israel's Ariel Sharon because the powerful need a stable platform in the region from which to operate and a puppet to do their bidding.

As a result, American tax dollars flow to Israel at the rate of $10 million each day... EACH DAY! In the last 30 years, the U.S. has spent on 4 times as much on Isreal as what it spent to get to the moon.

Of every dollar of foreign aid, 80 cents goes to pay for the tanks and planes of Israel. Forbes magazine lists Israeli lobbyists as the fourth most powerful special interest group in Congress...does that seem right to you?

When the day comes that you or someone you know boards a plane to join a war on Iraq, (the owner of the fifth largest oil supply on the planet) Remember that it is not the flag that has separated you from your family, it's not freedom or the Constitution. It's the oil.
An interesting article...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (08/26/02 10:34 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Rono]
    #843673 - 08/26/02 08:51 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: It's all about Oil... [Re: vatoloco]
    #843681 - 08/26/02 08:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I couldn't agree more...the technology is already there, it just needs to be used.

--------------------

Edited by Rono (08/26/02 08:59 AM)

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
Re: It's all about Oil... [Re: Rono]
    #843799 - 08/26/02 09:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Electing men whose families are rich because of oil does not seem to help the matter much either.

I'm glad their is much opposition in the world right now to the thought of the US invading Iraq.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Anonymous

Re: It's all about Oil... [Re: PGF]
    #843815 - 08/26/02 10:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Neither should we elect a man who is a Senator's son, rich from tobacco, a career politician and who's family members attempted to rescind the first amendment in regards to artistic expression.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: It's all about Oil... [Re: ]
    #843849 - 08/26/02 10:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

AH..the PMRC back again...i remember that.

what's funny is all the people that are crying over the oil problem are the same ones who don't want us to drill in Alaska, or any other place that they perceive as pristine.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Innvertigo]
    #843913 - 08/26/02 10:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
    #844179 - 08/26/02 01:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

oil isn't just used for fuel; about 1/3 of the petroleum is used to make plastics

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: It's all about Oil... [Re: Lallafa]
    #844197 - 08/26/02 01:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not denying the importance of oil in our society...I am merely trying to show how the major oil companies affect the political decisions of the U.S...which has the best democracy that money can buy.

--------------------

Edited by Rono (08/26/02 01:24 PM)

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Lallafa]
    #844199 - 08/26/02 01:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #844487 - 08/26/02 03:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's safe to say the U.S. governent had advanced knowledge of a major al Qaeda attack, but did nothing to stop it from happening. This was the only way they could invade Afghanistan for its oil.

--------------------

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #844611 - 08/26/02 04:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know if I should reply to Lallafa or you. I think you were being ironic in your question; were you not? The alternative for fossil fuels, in ALL AREAS, is hemp oil of course.

As to the topic. Of course it is oil that the U.S. is interested in, it's not like we are talking about a vacation paradise here. I hope someone, somewhere, talks some sense into the administration. A, pre-emptive strike, against Iraq would be a most immoral action.

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: mr freedom]
    #844622 - 08/26/02 04:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#844662 - 08/26/02 04:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

bad idea...we'd all be smoking out tupperware

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: It's all about Oil... [Re: mr freedom]
    #844699 - 08/26/02 04:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm about 99% positive that the usefulness of hemp fuel is exagerrated in those pamphlets you'll get. It seems a little unlikely that hemp is the most effective alternative to oil, but I'm certain that we can find alternatives, we just need to spend the money looking into that instead of wasting it by drilling in Alaska.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: It's all about Oil... [Re: Phluck]
    #845021 - 08/26/02 06:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

we aren't drilling in Alaska...but i would love for us to find an alternative...that would teach them oil sucking arabs

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Innvertigo]
    #845195 - 08/26/02 08:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #845255 - 08/26/02 08:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the plan is to actually dry up arabian oil supplies first then we will start draining our sources (texas, gulf of mexico, alaska) and be much better off economically while we change to the next source of power while most of the world is still using internal combustion engine and will be severly fucked when oil becomes basically extinct.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: It's all about Oil... [Re: Eightball]
    #845442 - 08/26/02 10:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

necessity is the mother of invention....we'll adapt

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #846016 - 08/27/02 06:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Rono writes:

It's the oil that led the Soviets to invade Afghanistan in the late '70s.

The Soviets invaded a hell of a lot of countries. The Soviet Union had enormous oil reserves. Afghanistan had none. Whatever the USSR's motivation was, it sure as hell wasn't about getting oil.

And it was the oil that prompted the good ol' U.S of A to train the offshoot of Islam that produced the jihad that drove out the invaders. One of these components was the CIA-supported Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida.

The US and the Soviet Union had been locked in a Cold War that had been going on since the end of World War II. It was standard practice for the US to aid countries threatened by Communism, oil or no oil.

(which, like Frankenstein's monster, eventually turned on its creator and began blowing up U.S. embassies and similar targets.)

To say the US "created" Al-Qaueda or any other Afghanistan-based organization is nonsense. The SOVIETS created them by occupying their country. Note that in actual fact, the US military aid to the mujahadin was virtually zero, especially in comparison to US military aid in countries such as Korea and Viet Nam and the ongoing aid to Israel. The aid which was given was "off the books" through programs such as CIA training, a few stinger missiles and explosives, etc. The mood of the American public was such (after the Viet Nam nightmare) that anything more overt would have been unacceptable.

It was the oil that led the U.S. to look the other way when the Islamist Taliban imposed its brutal rule.

Nonsense. First, the WHOLE FREAKING WORLD looked the other way. Second, it was not immediately apparent exactly how bad their rule would be. Note that the vast majority of Afghanis welcomed the Taliban at first, simply because the Taliban stopped all the fighting between warring factions by disarming the populace. Third, if the US had attempted to depose the Taliban years ago, you and others of your ilk would have been screaming your lungs out at this "unwarranted act of imperialist US aggression," claiming the US has no right to ever invade any country at any time for any reason.

Like the Soviets, companies like Unocal saw that the way to get to the vast oil fields of central Asia was by means of a pipeline route across Afghanistan.

DUH... The vast oil fields of Central Asia were OWNED by the Soviets. This was one of Hitler's strongest reasons for invading the Soviet Union -- to capture desperately needed oil fields.

And, when the devout Taliban refused to take big oil's money...

But the devout Taliban seemed to have no difficulty taking US taxpayer dollars to pretend to shut down opium production.

...it was oil that prompted the U.S. to begin, according to The Washington Post in December of 2000, planning to take the country by force.

I thought they were correcting their mistake of "looking the other way" and "allowing" the Taliban to impose its brutal rule.

And it was oil that made the politicians look the other way as rich Saudis funneled money to the terrorists. And it was oil that made them look the other way as Americas other ally, Pakistan, did the same.

Please tell us how a sovereign government can prevent a citizen of another sovereign government from making bank transfers.

It is oil that leads the U.S. to support the brutal tactics of Israel's Ariel Sharon because the powerful need a stable platform in the region from which to operate and a puppet to do their bidding.

America's support of Israel has nothing to do with oil. As for a stable platform in the region, the US has been an ally of Saudi Arabia (it even has troops garrisoned there, which pissed off bin Laden) since 1947. The Saudi regime is one of the longest-lasting in the region, and Saudi Arabia and the associated Emirates are the largest producers of oil in the world.

pinky

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Hemp

General Interest >> Political Discussion