Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
A little thought from ChubbSubb
    #858558 - 09/02/02 08:31 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If you believe a truck is coming toward you, you will jump out of the way.  That is belief in the reality of the truck.  If you tell people you fear the truck but do nothing to get out of the way, that is not belief in the truck.  Likewise, it is not belief to say God exists and then continue sinning and hoarding your wealth while innocent people die of starvation.  When belief does not control your most important decisions, it is not belief in the underlying reality; it is belief in the usefulness of believing.  All I'm saying is that people claim to believe in God, but most don't literally believe.  They only act as though they believe because there are earthly benefits in doing so.  They create a delusion for themselves because it makes them happy.

Peace, Trev :smile: 

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: A little thought from ChubbSubb [Re: ChubbSubb]
    #858564 - 09/02/02 08:36 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Although it is a generalization that only applies to some people, I completely agree!

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Re: A little thought from ChubbSubb [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #858591 - 09/02/02 08:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Although it is a generalization that only applies to some people
Very true. :smirk:

--------------------

Edited by ChubbSubb (09/02/02 08:58 AM)

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
    #858687 - 09/02/02 09:55 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting thoughts but...

What is, in your opinion, a sin, what is innocense, and what has god to do with that all?

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Re: A little thought from ChubbSubb [Re: Ini]
    #858739 - 09/02/02 10:34 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I actually don't believe in sins. I feel that 'God' is an all forgiving, all understanding power. I myself lean towards Buddhist teachings. My post above is just more of an observation i get from many people i know. I fully enjoy the present moment rather than live in fear of what will become of my  'afterlife.' We are here to enjoy mother earth and the joys of life; rather than waitng for  'Heaven' in the future for true happiness, when it is available right here and now.
Who really knows what is going on here in this wonderous life? How did we get here? What happens when we pass? All questions that can't be answered and it almost seems obsurd to worry about them. I just want to take it one step at a time and live here peacefully.

"Our greatest fear is that when we die we will become nothing. We believe that we are born from nothing and that when we die we become nothing. And so we are filled fear of annihiliation. The Buddha has a very different understanding, that birth and death are notions. They are not real" - Thich Nhat Hanh from 'No Death, No Fear.'

Peace, Trev :laugh: 

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #858826 - 09/02/02 11:16 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i totally agree with you chubb... i don?t believe in the term "sin"... and i don?t believe in "right" or "wrong" either... i think there is only "what serves you" and "what serves you not" according to where you want to go, and what you want to be... according to the highest version of the divine vision you hold about yourself...

my signature used to be
"heaven, as you call it... is nowhere... lets just put some space between the "w" and the "h" in that word and you see that heaven is now...here"

--------------------

Anonymous

#859461 - 09/02/02 05:08 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I can agree with you on your view of 'Belief' and it can be applied to a myrad of other things. Lets take the old cliche of
Love for example. Too many times I hear a person claim Love for their current partner, then cheat on them when they are stinking drunk/mad/away on business etc... Does the brief Affair cancel the Love for the longtime Partner?
Was it love at all?
It can even be asked if the Person Cheating knows the defination of Love.
What about the willing Participant?
This simple 'equation' Chubb has left me with seems applicable in a lot of instances.
Thank you Chubb.
-OoD

PS- I thought of this as I was about to submit my post.
Where does the Person who throws themselves in front of the truck to save a child or loved one fit in ? Could this be an example of an act of 'pure' altruism? -

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Re: A little thought from ChubbSubb [Re: Anonymous]
    #859482 - 09/02/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Where does the Person who throws themselves in front of the truck to save a child or loved one fit in ? Could this be an example of an act of 'pure' altruism? -

Wow. Nice angle to come from on my post. I will need to think about that one for a bit longer... :ooo:

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#859915 - 09/02/02 07:58 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

actually it depends on the reason someone cheats on their partner... some do it out of lust, some do it out of fear, some do it just to make themselves feel better... feel free... but fact is, nobody does anything "wrong" according to their view of the world...
so for instance there are the ones that cheat on every partner they have... the ones that think women are mere sex objects, and not love worthy humans... that is the view they hold about the world, and you see, according to that view cheating is not wrong at all... well, i don?t know if these people know the definition of love, im sure some do, but they decide to hide it...
they are some who cheat on their partner after years of marriage... they do this to regain their freedom... that is because the view on marriage the world has right now is not the best, well it does not serve us according to what we say we want it to do... we built marriage as a way to make love eternal... and i tell you love is always eternal, but maybe the wish to be with someone is not... marriage was, a few hundred years ago, the only way for the female to assure home, food and protection and the only way for the male to assure constant availability of sex and companionship... so a contract was made... a bargain... and fact is this contract, this marriage is more of an obligation than a promise... people decide to make the promise once, but forget the way to lead a succesful long-term relationship is redoing that promise every minute, every day, every week they spend with the partner... and so, it is obvious that this obligation makes a lot of people feel trapped after some time, thats why so many marriages fail... and it is obvious that some will cheat on their partner, to regain "freedom"... regain the freedom they feel they lost when they got married... also appliable to romantic relationships, because most of these are based on a silent contract similar to the one you sign when you get married... what i am trying to say is that the person who cheats on their partner after years of beeing together certainly has not stopped loving them... if relationships were open, and people would recognize that love does not bind or keep, but merely SETS FREE there wouldn?t be such misunderstandings...
Quote:

It can even be asked if the Person Cheating knows the defination of Love.

there are so many definitions of love... you don?t love your partner the same way you love your mother, or your brother, or even the way you love to eat chocolate... but i know what your trying to say... and i peronally think that most people know deep inside what true, unconditional love is, but have an image forced into their minds from society about how love is "supposed to be"...
Quote:

Where does the Person who throws themselves in front of the truck to save a child or loved one fit in ? Could this be an example of an act of 'pure' altruism?

well it could be... but on the other hand it is not once you realize that we are all one, that the child or loved one is just another part of god experiencing creation from a different point of view...  :grin:

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (09/02/02 08:00 PM)

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Re: A little thought from ChubbSubb [Re: In(di)go]
    #859938 - 09/02/02 08:04 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

well it could be... but on the other hand it is not once you realize that we are all one, that the child or loved one is just another part of god experiencing creation from a different point of view...

Nice. Well put man.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: A little thought from ChubbSubb [Re: In(di)go]
    #859945 - 09/02/02 08:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

actually it depends on the reason someone cheats on their partner... some do it out of lust, some do it out of fear, some do it just to make themselves feel better... feel free... but fact is, nobody does anything "wrong" according to their view of the world...

that's clever.
CHEATER :grin:

Quote:

Where does the Person who throws themselves in front of the truck to save a child or loved one fit in ? Could this be an example of an act of 'pure' altruism?
------ well it could be... but on the other hand it is not once you realize that we are all one, that the child or loved one is just another part of god experiencing creation from a different point of view...  

What about modern day marytrs. Not saints, but marytrs. people who 'die' for a cause. Dying for Attention -
:smirk:-OoD 

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

#859960 - 09/02/02 08:14 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I must say that I am enjoying this thread. :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#859985 - 09/02/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i don't know about all of them... but im sure some of them realize their eternal existance... they realize they can reincarnate again, if they wish to... so if they see a very high purpose that's worth it to sacrifice their body, they say... well... why not?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds