Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? [Re: MarioTrip]
    #8583674 -

MarioTrip said:
I forgot. RR is godly and everything he says must be truth.



You kids crack me up... I never said that. I do however, think he knows what he's doing. :rolleyes:


--------------------
Being normal is nothing to aspire to. It is something to get away from.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? [Re: endepth]
    #8583707 -

That's nice. I had to go back and edit my post since you edited yours. Anyway, do whatever works for you. Either way works fine, like I said, I just do whatever I think makes the most sense. After a while we have to start thinking for ourselves and not go by what other people say.


--------------------
"I'm sofa king we todd did." ~ Rick James

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? [Re: somebody041]
    #8583725 -

I just don't like it when people say it HAS to be a lower rH. But I agree, whatever works!


--------------------
Being normal is nothing to aspire to. It is something to get away from.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? [Re: endepth]
    #8583733 -

endepth said:
I just don't like it when people say it HAS to be a lower rH. But I agree, whatever works!



True... Someone could probably grow the same strain isolation in two seperate tubs. One with 100% and one with 85%. There probably wouldn't be much difference at all.


--------------------
"I'm sofa king we todd did." ~ Rick James

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? [Re: HoleSnype]
    #8583746 -

HoleSnype said:
endepth said:
I just don't like it when people say it HAS to be a lower rH. But I agree, whatever works!



True... Someone could probably grow the same strain isolation in two seperate tubs. One with 100% and one with 85%. There probably wouldn't be much difference at all.



:thumbup:


--------------------
Being normal is nothing to aspire to. It is something to get away from.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? [Re: MarioTrip]
    #8583929 -

why sass about RR'S knowledge and the way people trust his information? id say he has alot of experience and anyone could learn from his findings and experiments. understood that some people really kissass up to him. like the ode to RR poem post i saw a while back. but non the less ...  He knows his fungus.


--------------------
grind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? [Re: seven]
    #8583943 -

The point of casing it to create a micro climate which the mycelium can pin in. A cake has no micro climate. Its guaranteed, if you do it right, that your casing will give the underlaying mycelium the desired 100% rh.


--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.


Download PSX ISOs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #8584688 -

Woah enough of the RH/moisture bickering. How bout genetics and substrate depth? These are both important factors, in addition to humidity and FAE, that play a role in the success of a pinset...


--------------------
In bewilderment, I realized I am the endless sea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? [Re: btb103]
    #8584693 -

btb103 said:
Genetics? Is your grain from multi-spore? This would have something to do with it. So would substrate depth. And like the others said, more time.



The mycelium is from a cloned shroom LC that I have, but I have never grown out the mycelium fully before so maybe it is just a poor fruiter.

The substrate depth is 3"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? [Re: somebody041]
    #8589515 -

Update:

Here are the same 3 tubs, 3 days later.









Many more pins. I lowered the off time of the repeat cycle timer and bumped up the humidity to 99% as recommended in previous replies.  Most of the pins are still on the side :thumbdown: but at least there are alot more of them.  Next time I plan on experimenting with casing the tubs to promote an even pinset.

Any additional feedback/advice is appreciated!

Edited by somebody041 (07/02/08 10:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? *DELETED* [Re: somebody041]
    #8590476 -

Post deleted by PornoRob

Reason for deletion: cya


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the cause of my poor pinset? [Re: PornoRob]
    #8592155 -

My humidifier is on the bottom shelf and my masons hygrometer is on the top shelf so since it is reporting that humidity is fine in the top i assume it's fine throughout the FC.

All of the air circulation comes from the air mattress pump that comes on for 15 seconds every hour. Maybe that's not circulating the air inside the FC enough.

I didn't think about the substrate being below the lip of the tub... I will consider that next time and fill them up a bit more, thanks.

And like I said before, I will DEFINITELY use a casing layer next time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Extremely poor pinset.... Nickster_154371 586 1 03/28/07 01:38 PM
by mycocurious
* arg! my pinset! starseed1066 1,717 11 06/23/05 11:49 PM
by Quiescence
* Hpoo pinset looks dismal... GrapeSoda 2,857 9 02/12/06 06:37 PM
by GrapeSoda
* poor pinset question bent 564 3 02/07/05 08:24 PM
by hyphae
* Poor Man's Pod: How am I doing? ElectricBoogaloo 4,477 16 09/13/04 11:54 AM
by fastfred
* recipe for abundant pinset and pining mushysan 4,318 16 09/12/04 04:01 PM
by EatTheBlue
* How do I get a really heavy pinset?
( 1 2 all )
SHROOMpimp 12,007 20 09/02/05 11:07 PM
by hyphae

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
4,030 topic views. 10 members, 101 guests and 109 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 17 queries.