Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8542703 - 06/19/08 10:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Right now I am just using 3 PmPs but for the casing I leave the lid cracked for lower RH. The problem I'm running into is that my pods a little to short and almost had to take the lid off last time. Thus probably the reason for that green surprise I found. I can take some of the geolite out for now for a couple more inches.

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

Timothy Leary commented that he "learned more about my brain and its possibilities and more about psychology in the five hours after taking these mushrooms than I had in the preceding fifteen years of studying doing research in psychology."

Everything I post is fictional and I found these pictures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: LieSERGIC]
    #8543406 - 06/20/08 04:42 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I remember reading that casings are good at higher RH anyway, the notion that they are not is supposedly an old adage. Since your already risking contamination maybe you should leave the lid on. I believe someone said it was in that long list of RR's advice that dumbfounded made.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8546349 - 06/21/08 02:33 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ScavengerType said:
I might warn you 50/50 casing is about one and a half times as good at holding moisture as straight verm. You should get into 50/50 casing. Peat moss isn't too hard to come across. But good looking stuff there man.

Hey Scav are you saying you had better luck with 50/50 than with hpoo, or are you just saying to use a top layer of 50/50 for the casing layer with the Hpoo as the substrate underneath?? My last casing was 50/50 with a little calci-sand and I didn't use a separate casing layer. I wanna give hpoo a try with a 50/50 casing layer.

Also anyone have any thoughts on why I'm having such a hard time with my PF classic cakes??  They are subject to same environment and same exact substrate mixture as my Eqs and they did GREAT but my PFs hardly get past the pinning stage. Only thing I could think of was that they may like the temps a little lower than eqs?? just a guess though.

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

Timothy Leary commented that he "learned more about my brain and its possibilities and more about psychology in the five hours after taking these mushrooms than I had in the preceding fifteen years of studying doing research in psychology."

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: LieSERGIC]
    #8546397 - 06/21/08 03:02 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

And I got bored tonight so here's a few of my favorite pics of this grow. There were some nicer pics that could have been taken but I lost my camera after a wild night with these little monsters lol. SO heres the best of what I captured!!![image][/image][image][/image]

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8546403 - 06/21/08 03:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

This is right after I figured out I was using too much oust. Don't they look so purty :mushroom2:

[image][/image]

I didn't use any image editing tricks here, it's just how the foil was. Freakin trippy right??

[image][/image]

Edited by LieSERGIC (06/21/08 03:11 AM)

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8546410 - 06/21/08 03:06 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Pre oust removal

[image][/image]

Post Oust removal. What a difference!!!

[image][/image]

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #8546492 - 06/21/08 04:30 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

sorry I thought you were using straight verm casing I meant 50/50 peat/verm casing but clearly I was mistaken. Your non-mutants look nice btw. Are you using coffee coir or just straight coir?

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8568032 - 06/26/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

So here is my friend's stash of Hpoo. I think I have a lifetime supply LOL!!! just for reference that pile is about 4 1/2 feet tall.

[image][/image]

Once I dug in I found these little fellows poking up. I know the pics are bad but anyone have any idea what strain??

[image][/image]

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8568055 - 06/26/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Here a couple better close ups. 

[image][/image][image][/image]

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8568100 - 06/26/08 06:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry RR, I didn't see the post about the pics and bandwidth until afterwards.

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #8568131 - 06/26/08 06:27 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

A sure sign of insufficient air exchange is fat stems and tiny caps.  A previous picture in this thread that was referred to as 'cracking' was actually verticillium or virus.  I suspect virus because you're still having the problem with mutants.  You need to up your air exchange a lot.  I noticed when you were using a shotgun terrarium, you had it in a plastic tent.  That's a no-no.  A shotgun needs to be exposed to the normal air currents within a room to work correctly.

Lysol and Oust do NOT cause mutants, and I want to scream everytime I see that.  New growers see someone post that nonesense, and stop using oust, and then they have more problems with molds. Not only that, they then tell others that Lysol and Oust cause mutants, and the myth spreads. 

I fog my room with oust to the point it's hard to see through.  I hold a can in each hand and spray for over a minute, completely fogging the room up.  It doesn't cause mutants.  I buy Lysol and Oust by the case.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8568538 - 06/26/08 08:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thnx RR for clearing a few things up. That makes sense of a lot of things here. I appreciate your input I know you probably get tired of hearing this from noobs but "Your the man RR". I will tweak my setup and let u know how it goes. Then will I continue to post pics the right way.

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8586191 - 07/01/08 10:57 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hey!!! Here are few pics of my hpoo trays. I have 2
1.PF classic BRF cakes spawned to hpoo After 2 days
2.same as above different angle different tray
3.50/50 casing layer added to pic #2
4.straight verm casing layer added to pic #1

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck