Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: LieSERGIC]
    #8275495 - 04/12/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yea that is actually the dumbest thing I've ever said. I can't believe I didn't look at your FC in the background of your pictures, because it's pretty obvious that FAE is no problem at all with that setup. It's possible it's from something it grew into or that bumped it. I know when I grow shrooms in jars they tend to mutilate their gills when they bump the sides. Has anything odd happened to this shroom or has it bumped anything. Maybe you should biopsy it and clone it to an LC (or to agar if you do agar) if it's children grow like it, then it's a mutant and you'll have a wierd mutant strain of your own.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8275540 - 04/12/08 09:30 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The only thing I can think of is there was a large cluster of pins that might have smashed it a little at it's start but he's the only guy that grew from that cluster, so maybe that was it. Thanks for the info, I will do that for sure!! I love this site, everyday you learn something new!!

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

Timothy Leary commented that he "learned more about my brain and its possibilities and more about psychology in the five hours after taking these mushrooms than I had in the preceding fifteen years of studying doing research in psychology."

Everything I post is fictional and I found these pictures.

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: LieSERGIC]
    #8278640 - 04/13/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

So I notice last night that the cap of this shroom cracked it appeared to be turning green. I suppose I either waited to long to pick it or I have some contam. What would you say??? Also my pins on my other cakes seem to be "shedding" their outer skin and growing out of it. I know it sounds weird but here's a pic to explain.[image][/image][image][/image]

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

Timothy Leary commented that he "learned more about my brain and its possibilities and more about psychology in the five hours after taking these mushrooms than I had in the preceding fifteen years of studying doing research in psychology."

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8278847 - 04/13/08 06:26 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

For the bottom pic could this be Mummy disease??

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

Offlinebalinor
Master of myDomain
Male

#8279111 - 04/13/08 07:27 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Have you tried any of your mutant mushrooms yet? Maybe they will give you a mutant trip lol.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: balinor]
    #8280416 - 04/14/08 12:11 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

could be too dry I've heard complaints that that setup has too much FAE and the perlite drys out quick. The Contaminant guide describes cracking as being a problem that affects dry mushrooms. I've personally never seen this before though.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
Conquer's Club

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8281149 - 04/14/08 08:15 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I have decided to rework my FC and do The Poor Man's Pod method. I'll let you know how it works out.

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

Edited by LieSERGIC (04/14/08 08:16 AM)

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8282776 - 04/14/08 03:34 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Well here it is. Two bubble wands in the bottom but I had to use perlite. Seems to be working great so far.[image][/image]

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

#8283512 - 04/14/08 06:46 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

good Idea, I never understood the rational RR had behind suggesting that setup in his vids. The PMP is Pimp. I use a perlite one myself and it works great man.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8291023 - 04/16/08 10:51 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

WOW!!!! You would not believe the improvement. These guys look 1000% better. PmP is great. I forgot my camera but I will post pics later tonight. Also I brewed those shrooms that were growing in vitro and split it between 3 people and we all had a pretty good night. I would say level 3 trip and there wasn't even that many shrooms!!! I think I have some kick ass shroomies here!! :grin:

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8298188 - 04/17/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Check these crazy guys out!!! [image][/image][image][/image]

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8354674 - 05/02/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

OK here a little update. Here's a picture of a casing I just put in the FC and a sample of what came from those cakes. These are all first flush shrooms and so far had about 350 wet grams from 10 cakes on first flush. I have been getting a bunch of giant mutants and I think its from my light. I did some reading and found some lights can cause mutants. It says it's a full spectrum light but could not get any more details, like if it puts out UVC light. The full spectrum is what's bothering me. Also is it a bad idea to patch the casing after it's been in the FC for a couple days. At first it was pretty even but it took off pretty fierce in a few areas after putting it in there.[image][/image][image][/image]

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
    #8354711 - 05/02/08 05:32 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i highly doubt that light causes mutants. its usually genetics of some sort of excessive use of chemicals around the mushrooms like lysol.

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: blood4blood]
    #8354804 - 05/02/08 05:52 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Ya I was using a lot of Oust at first then I heard that. I stopped using it a couple days after birthing but I guess it still effected the cakes. Oh well, I have shrooms so I'm happy anyways:cool:. Also I just knocked up 10 more jars with an LC. I used a little less water in my substrate and used 10cc of LC per jar. I'll keep you posted!!

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8539723 - 06/19/08 05:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Ok so I have had great success with the EQs and my casing but I had to leave for a weekend and came back to a nice big green spot on it. The oust was the problem with mutants "which were really weak". Then we got some really pretty shroomies which were super good. One thing that has baffled me is the fact that I have no success at all with PF classics. I used 10cc to knock up 4 1/2 pint jars of brf, "which is way too much I know, I just wanted to see what would happen". The rizzo growth on these cakes was INSANE with excellent pin sets. When they started growing they seemed to just shutdown and started to rot before anything good came from the cakes. I rolled and dunked every time they started to rot but no luck. Same thing happened every flush. I know I wasted a lot of spores but I figured that would only help. Heres a pic. I waited to see and any thing else would sprout but they would rot even more with nothing else sprouting up. This is farthest I could get with the PFs. [image][/image]
and heres a little bit of luck I had with EQs.[image][/image]

This is one flush for a bout 6 cakes around 146 wet grams and super good!!!! These are a little blue, I need to work on my drying tek but I think got it figured out now. I owe it all to everyone here that helped and everyone's INSANE good teks. This site rocks and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

OfflineLieSERGIC
WannaBhiPPie
Male User Gallery

#8539747 - 06/19/08 05:35 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

And I thought I'd let you all know I have about 8 1/4 pint jars of PFs that are going to be spawned to hpoo in about 1 week or so, Wish me luck!!!

--------------------
Learn Search Discover

Offlineshroomyshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8539759 - 06/19/08 05:48 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

good luck with the spawning to hpoo and make sure to keep us all updated

--------------------
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time around, but always time to fix up the mistakes you made in your rush to get the job done...

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: shroomyshroom]
    #8541568 - 06/19/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I might warn you 50/50 casing is about one and a half times as good at holding moisture as straight verm. You should get into 50/50 casing. Peat moss isn't too hard to come across. But good looking stuff there man.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

Offlinebeengonetoolong
Gravy Train Conductor
Male User Gallery

#8541621 - 06/19/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Looks better than my first time, haha. :smile:

--------------------

Is there life after death? Trespass and find out.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing. Using PF tek with EQ+ spores( IS THIS AN ECUADOR??) [Re: beengonetoolong]
    #8541692 - 06/19/08 06:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

that it does, props and good luck. Out of curiosity how are you doing your casings? I moved onto monotubs after dicking with a Martha until I realized maintenance free was a must.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate