Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #8563192 -

Our largest medical concerns lie with waiting times and doctor-patient ratios. A mix of private/public health care has been suggested but isn't currently implemented. Personally I've not had any troubles with the health care system, you get through if its an emergency, and if not yes...you do have to wait for a few hours, its reasonable considering I can stay in a hospital bed for a month on all sorts of drugs and will only wind up paying for a fraction of it. Now thats damn decent in my opinion.

Especially considering most Canadians subscribe to health insurance outside the public sector as well....just in case, and also because it doesn't include dentistry and optometry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Irdamage]
    #8563207 -

Dude... they got hockey and legal pot up there. I plan to jump the border and live the rest of my days on East Hastings smoking hash and watching the motherfucking Vancouver Canucks.  :gethigh:

Canada is kind of... off... though. I once asked a dude for directions in Vancouver and the fucker wound up jumping my back seat and directing me there across town. He then jumped out at the place I was going and was gone before I could say thank you.


--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Irdamage]
    #8563218 -

bagged milk.

Quote:
Universal health care is an idea that sounds great but isn't exactly practical. In Canada an animal can get a  cat scan before you.  As i remember England's universal health care plan has an age limit, and then the money comes out of your pocket or you make your plans.  Another example of the greatness of universal health care is British Dentistry, enough said.  You think health care is expensive in the US wait till its free.



I'll take free health care over NONE or tens of thousands in medical bills, thank you very much. Who gives a fuck if a cat gets a cat scan before me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Shroomism]
    #8563275 -

thats why people migrate to america for health care right

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #8563298 -

I recently started working for a call centre that provides customer service for a company in Florida.  I've been on the phones for a little over a week now and I've been called out on my accent like 6 times now.  It's funny because the client doesn't want us telling people that they're employing Canadians for their customer service jobs.  Ironically, a few of those customers told me they prefer to deal with Canadians.

You always hear a lot about whether Canadians are nicer or Americans are ruder, but it's all just stereotypes.  I've gotten a lot of calls from very American hicks who are as nice as can possibly be, the same cannot always be said about my Canadian co-workers.  Generalizations only work when you want them to.


--------------------
"I Love Democracy"
-Emporer Palpatine


Fuck the system.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: TheGoodLife]
    #8563300 -

They're only weird because you're not one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #8563305 -

I don't know anyone that migrated to america for health care.
I do know people that left BECAUSE of health care, among other things.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Irdamage]
    #8568008 -

Irdamage said:
Our largest medical concerns lie with waiting times and doctor-patient ratios. A mix of private/public health care has been suggested but isn't currently implemented. Personally I've not had any troubles with the health care system, you get through if its an emergency, and if not yes...you do have to wait for a few hours, its reasonable considering I can stay in a hospital bed for a month on all sorts of drugs and will only wind up paying for a fraction of it. Now thats damn decent in my opinion.

Especially considering most Canadians subscribe to health insurance outside the public sector as well....just in case, and also because it doesn't include dentistry and optometry.



:thumbup:

I've always had great health care here.  Any time I've needed to see a doctor, I can see one, every time I've needed care, I've gotten it.  And I never have to worry about crippling medical bills.  I definitely have no beef with a two-tiered system, it would take some of the workload off the public system, and give better turnaround times for people who are willing (and able) to pay.  Most people I know are happy with the system.

Though I do hear a lot of conservative Americans complaining about Canadian health care for some reason.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #8568090 -

but won't it suck watching them lose every year?


--------------------
now i hear the police comin after me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: king_cobra]
    #8568189 -

king_cobra said:
it's all the cocksuckin' samsquanches they gotta deal with.



Trailer Park Boys FTW!!!!

:lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Irdamage]
    #8568232 -

shit, i pay out the ass for my families health care, and still have to wait hours sometimes to see the doc.  While I have always had good health care even in the US, it has always cost me a lot.  And now that I work for a good company it is very cheap.  I wouldn't mind universal health care, as long as they have the entire plan laid out and it appears to be workable, but to just change it without thinking of all the other possibilities/outcomes would be a mistake.


peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: supra]
    #8568293 -

loonies and toonies

strange...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: TheGoodLife]
    #8568308 -

TheGoodLife said:
whats up with canadians?



I don't know man. Fucking Canadians, always up to their shenanigans.

Here's a picture of three Canadian diplomats trying to 'fit in' at an American schoolhouse. You can see the Americans' confusion and distrust of the strange Canadian customs.

Here's a Canadian hot dog vendor. In Canada, the shape of your hat is strictly prohibited to your chosen vocation. This Canadian is not wearing a hat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #8568323 -

canadians are good kissers :cool:

idk how but i always stumble across them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: TheGoodLife]
    #8568325 -

TheGoodLife said:
whats up with canadians?



French Canadians in general have just suck everytime i have delt with them.

The Canadians that live on the border of NY are mad fucking cool, especially in Fort Erie.  :cheers:


--------------------

"They look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em. I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

"Eric Stratton.. Rush chairman.. Damn glad to meet you.."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: TheGoodLife]
    #8569458 -

TheGoodLife said:
whats up with canadians?




And I got a warning for trolling.


*clap clap clap* Way to go, moderators.


--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Snape]
    #8569677 -

i have no idea why my great grandparents came to the U.S. from Quebec this place sucks:nonono:
i bet id have one hell of a time trying to get a work visa up there.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #8569706 -

more like, what's up with puerto ricans?


--------------------
There's just one small problem...


...and it's a big one!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: TheGoodLife]
    #8570020 -

vegemite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why are Canadians so weird? [Re: Wysefool]
    #8570036 -

Wysefool said:





:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* "canadian tire" MagicalMystery 646 8 08/26/05 09:18 AM
by fredyjenkins
* Weird Dreams Phluck 2,966 18 01/05/03 10:29 AM
by Little Shroom
* Things every Canadian(and yankee) should know!
( 1 2 all )
Spooge 4,056 22 04/01/07 11:34 PM
by Spooge
* Canadians + hockey + beer = Loud/Funloving Canadians Jenny 992 6 10/23/06 09:51 AM
by Jadian
* An apology from a Canadian...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Little Shroom 10,147 73 04/15/03 03:12 AM
by felix
* Weird Al - You're Pitiful LuNaTiX 721 8 06/21/06 01:51 PM
by notapillow
* Canadian beer is like sex in a canoe
( 1 2 all )
flowstone 3,578 23 04/15/05 12:08 AM
by SuperMario
* Porta-Pub Inflatable pub for the alcoholic on the go Irishdrunk 1,107 8 09/22/05 05:44 PM
by Boom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
9,959 topic views. 2 members, 8 guests and 78 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.