Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Psychotria viridis seedling ID needed......
    #8508055 -

I had planted 5 Psychotria viridis seeds a few months ago and I just now have a sprout. I'm wondering if it's actually a weed or if it's Psychotria viridis. I did all that was needed before planting like putting in bleach and water and everything. I dug around and found one of the seeds had grown a tap root. So I replanted it carefully so I know they are viable.

Heres a pic of the first sprout I'm hoping is chacruna. Any people that know what they look line would be appreciated. I have larger chacruna plants but I'd like to know what the seedlings may look like.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychotria viridis seedling ID needed...... [Re: sturmer88]
    #8523598 -

Too soon to tell.


--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychotria viridis seedling ID needed...... [Re: Stonehenge]
    #8523737 -

Looks about right but too early to give a positive ID.  The true leaves should have a distinct point and a spearhead-style apical meristem and it should grow fairly slowly.  It will look almost identical to a typical coffee plant.  Here's a picture of some Psychotria viridis from a leaf cutting I took for reference. 



It seems like you're on your way to having some nice Psychotrias.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychotria viridis seedling ID needed...... [Re: PoC]
    #8524239 -

It's not growing like a weed at all and it's really slow and it even started to look sick before I put it in a plastic bag for humidity. Now it's alright. All the signs are telling me it is chacruna. Of course the leaves arn't as fat because it's barely a week old but compared to the youngest seedlings I've seen pics of it does look similar.

Also when transplanting it to a new cell pot I noticed  it has a nice root system beginning.

Here's a new pic. Thanks guys for the input.



Edited by sturmer88 (06/14/08 04:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Psychotria viridis - Chacruna Update 2:
( 1 2 all )
SalviaEngland 10,489 26 02/22/03 05:12 PM
by canid
* Psychotria viridis motamanM 2,225 10 09/20/04 04:23 PM
by motaman
* Psychotria viridis pest problem. jben 2,012 6 04/19/05 07:43 PM
by jben
* DMT in Psychotria viridis? Bardo_being 1,809 0 04/07/03 10:12 PM
by Aneglakya
* psychotria viridis update pic SalviaEngland 3,030 9 07/19/02 07:14 PM
by psyconaut
* a few Psychotria viridis q's
( 1 2 all )
kadakuda 4,632 21 07/07/04 12:22 PM
by Stonehenge
* Psychotria Viridis grow questions, plus a Mimosa question jben 2,735 11 02/18/05 04:59 PM
by Stonehenge
* Psychotria Viridis Germination Lifenergy 4,511 4 05/10/05 02:28 PM
by Fluxburn

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,616 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.