Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis, Portable Greenhouse, Psychotria Viridis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejben
Don't panic, it's organic
 User Gallery
Psychotria Viridis grow questions, plus a Mimosa question
    #3789803 - 02/16/05 05:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

alright, i have three Viridis growing right now, all doing quite well inside (due to winter) infront of a window, in just 2 months of having them, they have all grown and each had a new set of leaves come out (one of them is multi stemmed with three new sets of leaves) however, i am wondering once spring hits and they can go outside (michigan weather) in my green house, what nutrients/growing care should i proceed to do? does anyone have any specific info on how they got theirs to grow nice,big and strong? I cannot find info anywhere on the net even after typing every possible search in on google. just some real vauge information.

about my Mimosa Hostilis (sp?) i got it also a few months ago before winter hit. i brought it indoors, and soon after maybe two or three weeks all the leaves fell off of this tiny 4-5 inch tall plant. I am wondering if it is dead or just decided to go dorment? if anyone would have information on that let me know.
I dont think its dead because the stem still seems flexible and does not break. but i could be wrong, if it is dead, no big deal because i have the Psychotria Viridis and they seem to handle the weather here better anyways.

if anyone has any information regarding these questions please let me know, thanks!

--------------------
Don't panic, it's organic!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Psychotria Viridis grow questions, plus a Mimosa question [Re: jben]
    #3790524 - 02/16/05 07:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

M hostilis is very sensitive to drying out as well as other things. Dropping all the leaves usually means it's dead. The viridis likes humidity and shade or partial sun, not full sun. It's somewhat slow growing but it puts out more and more branches and pretty soon you have a bush and lots of leaves. Do a search for pv grow threads in this forum.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Psychotria Viridis grow questions, plus a Mimosa question [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3793577 - 02/17/05 03:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Have you ever sprouted M.Hostilis seeds? And if so how?

I find that regradless of what I do, paper towel germination, rockwool,or even a small pot(with soil) with a RH tent, I end up rotting the seed in the end.

First just the shell is all slippery and slimy, but eventually,even the seed gets gross.

I can sprout M.Scabrella, A.Maidenii, etc, but the Hostilis seeds swell, get slippery, and then rot. (although I have never seen the white part of the seed go black or anything, I assume that because of the smell :gross: and the texture, something is wrong.

--------------------

Offlinejben
 User Gallery
Re: Psychotria Viridis grow questions, plus a Mimosa question [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3793588 - 02/17/05 03:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

no, i bought the mimosa.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3793609 - 02/17/05 03:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Not to sound like a dick, but I was asking Stoney :smirk:
As for your Mimosa....... if you bought it,theres a good chance you have mimosa pudica, the common houseplant strikes again.  :tongue:
Did you buy it from a nursery??, or an online vendor?

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (02/17/05 03:59 PM)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Re: Psychotria Viridis grow questions, plus a Mimosa question [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3794265 - 02/17/05 06:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The best way to sprout m hostilis seeds is to dunk them in very hot water and then let them sit and cool slowly until they swell. I have a pudica and a couple hostilis's

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3794460 - 02/17/05 07:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

how hot is "very hot"?

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3795022 - 02/17/05 09:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

same as desmanthus stone?

i waited till the water started to boil then took off element put seeds in and waited a few hours and planted. that was desmanthus.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3795938 - 02/18/05 12:04 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"The best way to sprout m hostilis seeds is to dunk them in very hot water and then let them sit and cool slowly until they swell. I have a pudica and a couple hostilis's"
With every other DMT plant I have tried to grow that worked, they did swell, and then failure.

Maybe I just need to reduce the ammount of water and wait longer.
I dont know.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
    #3797936 - 02/18/05 12:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If you have bad seeds then nothing will work but that is the tec, same as d illinoiensis.

--------------------

Offlinejben
 User Gallery
    #3799331 - 02/18/05 06:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i def. bought a hostilis because it was from companion plants, and they dont jerk you around.

but does anyone have any good growing tips of what sort of nutrients for a P.V.? thats what i origionally wanted to know, haha.

thanks.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
    #3799562 - 02/18/05 06:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I just use peter's 20 20 20 whenever it looks like it needs it. They like a slightly acid soil but can tollerate a range of soils

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis, Portable Greenhouse, Psychotria Viridis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden