Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Dog Tricks [Re: cappincrunk]
    #8354368 - 05/02/08 04:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I taught my cat to not give a shit.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Dog Tricks [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #8354370 - 05/02/08 04:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Lots of praise and rewards for doing what we want. 

For random stuff like barking when we say speak, every time they barked, we would say "good girl, speak".  Every time they would bark a little quieter, we would say "good girl quiet".  Basically just constant repetition and stuff.  If there is anything specific you want to know how we trained them to do just let me know.  We also used clicker training when Lucy was a puppy - but my stoner fiance would quickly misplace the clicker all the time, so we abandoned that :rolleyes:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: Dog Tricks [Re: Liz]
    #8354391 - 05/02/08 04:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

like rollover or something. My dog gets all pissed when you try and roll him over unless hes really tired or playful.

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #8354405 - 05/02/08 04:08 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

We would make them lay down, and then just physically roll them over - or roll them halfway and let them do the rest. Once they knew they were being rewarded for it, they were happy to do it on their own.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleMrSinister
Uncle T
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outworld
Re: Dog Tricks [Re: Liz]
    #8354679 - 05/02/08 05:26 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

My dog is still a lazy beast.. :rotfl:

But i am lucky to have her..  She is a mixed pitbull( Two different types) and i guess her last owner was an abusive fuck who bred her  for male puppies used in dog fights, and female dogs used to keep the illegal breding up. We know this by scars on her ears, and face, that she was violently bred.    For what the vet at the animal shelter told me, having her last set of puppies almost killed her, and the prick whoever it was left her for dead in a empty house. Kids i guess  heard her, and she was taken in, and rescued. I wanted a dog, and went there, and saw her.    I have had her for near two years now..  I had to get her weight up because she was 15 pounds undersized, now the Vet tells me to stop feeding her so much. :rotfl:.. 
She is the most gentle, and loving dog with my daughter.. She still gets mean with dogs her size or bigger, but loves a little dog named Muffin. 

--------------------

"They look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em. I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

"Eric Stratton.. Rush chairman.. Damn glad to meet you.."

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: Dog Tricks [Re: MrSinister]
    #8355052 - 05/02/08 06:55 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

mine does the basics

comes to me when i call
sit
lay down
shake, then i can say 'other hand' and she will shake with her other paw
catch
fetch

thats about it...I have had her for almost 8 years now...she is a beautiful golden shepard named Dacie.

really, to teach them, you just have to spend lots of time with them...also, certain breeds are much easier to train than others, and some are just plain stupid. Evidently, golden shepards can remember about 150 human words, and are extremely intelligent. The only bad part about them is they are not the best protector, they think every person in existance is nice and wants to pet them...If someone broke into my house, she would probably help them carry stuff out...lol

peace

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #8355129 - 05/02/08 07:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Come, sit, lay down, roll over, get the kitty!, go to your cages, up, down. Normal stuff.

One of my dogs knows how to shake hands. Other than that they know to stop barking when i scream SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! Asking nice never works. I hate yelling at them, but if a grasshopper farts they bark like they are chasing away demons.

YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP ... guys please stop barking! YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP No bark! YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP PLEASE!?!?! YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP ok then... SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! ...silence.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinegandalf579
Mushroom Hunter
Male
Re: Dog Tricks [Re: supra]
    #8355213 - 05/02/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I taught my basset/beagle mix the difference from right and left, tell him to give me a left and he gives me his left paw, right gives me his right paw. I tell him "pretty" and he sits on his butt(not his hind legs) and puts his front paws in the air, tell him "up" and he stands on his back legs with his front legs stretched out and up, tell him to "sit" and he squats on his hind legs, tell him to "find it" and he'll find where I hide my weed, if a friend comes over that has weed in their pockets I can tell my dog to "get it" and he'll find which pocket it is in and if the friend doesn't give it up, my dog will try to rip the pants off of them to get me the weed (he doesn't eat it, he just likes to get high with me and gets mad at me if I don't smoke it with him), he will not bite unless I tell him to or if he thinks you mean me, my mother, or my grandmother harm (I didn't teach him that, he's just naturally protective, extremely protective of my grandmother) tell him "it's bath time" and he'll walk over to the section of the yard where I bathe him and stands there for his bath (he bitches about it by growling and giving me dirty looks, he hates getting a bath, but he still does it.) Tell him to "watch it/him/her" and he'll stay on it/him/her in "guard mode" until I tell him different. And I taught him not to take food from strangers, you could lay a steak in front of him and he won't touch it until I tell him he can. And oh yeah, he weights 72 pounds and it's pure muscle, so if he wanted to, he could do some serious damage.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder