Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Cacti molds
    #835520 - 08/22/02 08:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I am not fimiliar with cacti and cacti cultivation. I have a few cacti I aquired in trades. One of them, my biggest pedro, has a dusty or chalky blue substance on it. It will wipe off with my finger. I am thinking it is some kind of mold, sound so? What can one do about it?

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMurple
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Earth
Re: Cacti molds [Re: pleezr]
    #835548 - 08/22/02 08:39 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Its probably nothing to worry about. Many cacti get light coatings of a dusty material. Its natural. Think of it as cactus dandruff.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #835638 - 08/22/02 09:35 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

especially if you bought it from store like home depot or lowes or anywhere else, i've noticed any cactus from there will especially come home with a light coating of 'dandruff'. I attribute it to the highly dusty environment they're in.

Also, if it got misted some how with water from your tap, lets say the cactus was sitting by your salvia, if you happen to have well water without and sometimes even with a water softener, or just shitty city water it could leave deposits that would end up looking like a dust.

Just to let you know where it probably could have come from. I'll reiterate murple though, nothing to worry about.

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #837191 - 08/22/02 11:21 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It is odd. There is nothing of a blueish green that it could be. I really does remind me of green mold yet it is a light dusting in some places. I will try to get some pics up. I dont feel I would question it, if it were nothing. I have a decent understanding of molds and it caught my attention.........or I really am concerned about nothing. I noticed it right away, I rarely pay them any attention at all but when they need water. It is out of the ordinary. What ever it be, I am very curious what it is. I am 98% sure there is nothing like it or anything that could be a source of the substance, this is what really concerns me. I will just sit on them for now and see what they do.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #838855 - 08/23/02 05:19 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

perhaps it's just copper (sulfate?). i've seen on a cactus cultivar down here... i'm not sure but i think they use it to heal wounds and cuts... but i'm also new to cacti cultivation.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Cacti molds [Re: felixhigh]
    #840999 - 08/24/02 04:36 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate is, undoubtably blue and there is no discrepancy about it being on the greener side or blue-green, it's simply blue, and will only turn blue when hydrated with water, either hydrated crystals or aqeuous, otherwise it's a plain white powder when dessicated. I've never heard of it being used to heal cuts and wounds, that's new to me, perhaps because it's extremely hydrophillic and may expedite the callousing process.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates