Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Biodiesel worth it?
    #8346106 -

After being rear-ended the other week & recently getting the news that my car is totaled :crankey: , I'm in the market for a new car. Given the outrageous prices of gas that will probably continue to be more outrageously priced, I'm weighing my options.

I am considering just getting a diesel car and switching it to run on veggie oil. Though some of my driving is short trips locally, I do make trips to the city sometimes a couple times a week, and can rack up 100 miles in a single trip.

I know there are a few people here who have made the switch so I'm looking for some input. I hear biodiesel can be very cost-effective and cars running on it can have a high service life if well-kept.

My concerns are, with this getting more popular (I see TV shows about it and hear about it other places), I'm worried that used veggie oil might be more in demand if enough people switch. There are a lot of restaurants in my town so I'm sure there's a bit of used oil being thrown away regularly; but I would not want to make the switch only for the demand to get higher and as a result, used veggie oil being harder to come by.

So, anyone have experience or predictions regarding this fuel?

Edited by poke smot! (09/07/20 02:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Biodiesel worth it? [Re: poke smot!]
    #8346146 -

Buy a motorcycle.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Biodiesel worth it? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8346207 -

You know we have the technology to run off H2O right? Shhhhhhhhhhh the gov't doesn't want you to know this ^.^


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Biodiesel worth it? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #8346221 -

It's a poor alternative energy.


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Biodiesel worth it? [Re: poke smot!]
    #8346367 -

biofuels are great if you're processing them yourself, it makes
them economical, otherwise you're still paying $4+ as the pumps

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How much is The Shroomery worth?
( 1 2 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 2,768 33 05/23/17 08:55 PM
by TheHunt
* Custom BMW V6 biodiesel motorcycle DNKYD 834 4 02/05/07 01:58 PM
by DNKYD
* Biodiesel truck TODAY 477 3 07/12/08 06:49 PM
by zouden
* Making biodiesel DNKYD 325 0 09/15/06 06:13 PM
by DNKYD
* Thinking about buying a Motorcycle!
( 1 2 all )
felix 4,143 21 06/09/07 06:04 PM
by felix
* motorcycles are
( 1 2 all )
Corporal Kielbasa 3,492 29 05/13/05 11:10 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* The ultimate in sleeping technology Pathos 949 19 10/30/04 01:46 AM
by countryboysmoker
* cross-country motorcycle ride Vvellum 2,691 19 07/19/05 11:36 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
522 topic views. 1 members, 12 guests and 91 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.