Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecoleus
Stranger

All PEA's Damaging like MDMA?
    #8312107 - 04/21/08 08:33 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I want to try PEA's, namely mescaline, but I'm very against MDMA because of its hangover and brain damage. What I want to know is, would other PEA's harm my brain like MDMA would? I don't need any of that, "it's not damaging, I didn't get a hangover." It's pretty obvious, people. Read first hand accounts. Thanks in advance!

--------------------
I have never commited an illegal act. All illegal activities mentioned here are clearly hypothetical and fictional and are solely mentioned for the purpose of observing the reactions of other patrons of the forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: All PEA's Damaging like MDMA? [Re: coleus]
    #8312133 - 04/21/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The thing with MDMA is that when it is metabolized in the synapse it releases a free-radical (super-charged oxygen atom) that damages seratonin receptor sites. Taking anti-oxydants like vitamin E or C in high doses before during and after the MDMA experience can help significantly reduce this damage.

of course that is MDMA...

As for other phenethylamines I've never heard of anything similar. *Maybe* it happens with some of the 2C- analogues, but I don't think they've done enough research to know for sure.

As for mescaline, I've never heard of any physical damage occurring. As far as I understand it mescaline is just as safe if not safer than psilocybin.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlinecoleus
Stranger

Re: All PEA's Damaging like MDMA? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8312147 - 04/21/08 08:44 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Hmm yeah thanks. Anyone who's read some of my other posts knows I'm a sticler for brain damage.

--------------------
I have never commited an illegal act. All illegal activities mentioned here are clearly hypothetical and fictional and are solely mentioned for the purpose of observing the reactions of other patrons of the forum.

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
    #8312236 - 04/21/08 09:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineMark_W
Stranger
Loc: NC
    #8312292 - 04/21/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

coleus said:
Anyone who's read some of my other posts knows I'm a sticler for brain damage.

I've read many first hand MDMA reports and I didn't get the impression that people feel like they've damaged their brains.

I'm open to this possibility, but I haven't run into any real evidence of MDMA causing brain damage. I think MDMA along with the rest of the psychedelic phenethylamines are, for the most part, very safe if taken at the appropriate dosage level.

--------------------
Let the State Disintegrate
-Leary

Edited by Mark_W (04/21/08 09:27 PM)

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: All PEA's Damaging like MDMA? [Re: Mark_W]
    #8312327 - 04/21/08 09:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

If it makes any difference, i feel that my brain has been damaged by MDMA use.

Also, it's important to add that i was an educated and responsible user and haven't taken many pills in my life time, and none for over a year now.

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Invisibletoastdth
strangest
Re: All PEA's Damaging like MDMA? [Re: Mark_W]
    #8312351 - 04/21/08 09:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The trick with MDMA is that it causes ridiculous amounts of neuroadaptation in the serotonin system. Not to be confused with neurotoxicity.

Any modern research on MDMA that I've read suggests users regain full mental facilities after a year or so, even after very heavy usage. Just like SSRI antidepressants, the brain adapts to the abnormal chemical levels and shuts down the serotonin cycle somewhat to compensate. This only occurs with prolonged, regular use (just like an antidepressant). And again, there's the suggestion there are few truly long term side effects, though we're really too early in the game to determine that for sure.

While there have certainly been anecdotal reports of what would appear to be long term damage, no study has actually found this to be the case. All they've found is, again, neuroadaptation.

OfflineTheHauntingSoul
Not really that cool
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Re: All PEA's Damaging like MDMA? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8312391 - 04/21/08 10:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:
Taking anti-oxydants like vitamin E or C in high doses before during and after the MDMA experience can help significantly reduce this damage.

shit i never heard of that before, thanks nunbuh

Offlinecoleus
Stranger

Re: All PEA's Damaging like MDMA? [Re: TheHauntingSoul]
    #8313381 - 04/22/08 05:45 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

In the first study of its kind, researchers have found that peyote -- for now, the only legal hallucinogenic drug in the United States

By contrast, both alcohol and marijuana are considered bad for the brain if overused.

That makes me doubt this article, but it wasn't the direct report, so :thumbup:. See, I told you people like toastdth would jump in with their extrapolations of the issue because they don't want to accept the fact that they're kissing their serotonin receptors goodbye.I wish it wasn't damaging though, I'd be all over that shit! :crazy2:
And by the way there are people that feel like they can't get as happy as they used to, and someone osted a great story about a long time E freak that they knew that was depressed beyond description and tried to commit suicide multiple times.

--------------------

Offlinewhy_not_me
I live tranquilized
 User Gallery

Loc: Fluffy opiate cloud
Re: All PEA's Damaging like MDMA? [Re: toastdth]
    #8313432 - 04/22/08 06:39 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

toastdth said:
The trick with MDMA is that it causes ridiculous amounts of neuroadaptation in the serotonin system.  Not to be confused with neurotoxicity.

:werd:

--------------------
Feed Your Head.

Offlinecoleus
Stranger

Re: All PEA's Damaging like MDMA? [Re: why_not_me]
    #8313994 - 04/22/08 11:09 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

In the first study of its kind, researchers have found that peyote -- for now, the only legal hallucinogenic drug in the United States

Sorry, but I've been thinking about this, and it's especially funny because:
a) Peyotes illegal.
and b) There are hundreds of legal hallucinogens, both common and rare.

100th post btw :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by coleus (04/22/08 11:09 AM)

Offlinecoleus
Stranger

#8333804 - 04/27/08 11:36 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Taking anti-oxydants like vitamin E or C in high doses before during and after the MDMA experience can help significantly reduce this damage.

Sorry, I just needed to add something for everybody's safety. Vitamin E is fat soluble, so taking it in large doses is likely more harmful then helpful since it could make your fat toxic because your body can't use the fat without getting shitloads of Vitamin E. Remember, don't OD on A, E, D, or K.

--------------------

Offlinecoleus
Stranger

#8333834 - 04/27/08 11:50 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate