Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8220604 -

RipVanWinkle said:
So I'm hoping this wellbutrin will help by making me not want them as much.




you certainly will not want another cigarette after you kill
yourself, did the doc mention that suicide is a possible side
effect of welbutrin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8220611 -

Thats a possible side-effect of every SSRI too, and I havn't had any desire to off myself yet. I'm not worried about that.


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8220612 -

Prisoner#1 said:
RipVanWinkle said:
So I'm hoping this wellbutrin will help by making me not want them as much.




you certainly will not want another cigarette after you kill
yourself, did the doc mention that suicide is a possible side
effect of welbutrin



Did he mention the seizures too, or the loss of libido, or uneven heartbeats


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8220617 -

RipVanWinkle said:
Thats a possible side-effect of every SSRI too, and I havn't had any desire to off myself yet. I'm not worried about that.



Funny how a possible side effect of an ANTI-DEPRESSANT is to make you want to kill yourself. Make you think huh.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220621 -

Shroomism said:
Because like every other pharmaceutical anti-depressant, it's a piece of shit with a million side effects. Besides that, no anti-depressant "takes care" of the problem, they just mask the problem with a chemical smile, while giving you seizures or making it so you can't get hard. The "problem" is still there. The pills don't fix it, they just cover it up while fucking your brain.




Well Im a psychology major and have taken a few classes on pharmacology so I do have a good understanding on the matter. Side effects vary from person to person, some have none while others do which is why they go through the various medications to find the one that fits the person. The only time a medication ca be sold is when the intended use outweighs the side effects. People with a natural predisposition of depression or anxiety can have the problem fixed through biological treatment. Not all anti depressants have major side effects. For example tryptophan has shown great improvement with little to no negative side effects.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220623 -

Yep it is pretty odd. But it's also a possible side effect of pretty much any drug. I never have wanted to kill myself, I love life, I don't think a pill is going to make me remove myself.


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8220639 -

RipVanWinkle said:
Yep it is pretty odd. But it's also a possible side effect of pretty much any drug. I never have wanted to kill myself, I love life, I don't think a pill is going to make me remove myself.



Well I hope that you figure out how to help yourself one day, because no one or nothing else is going to do it for you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: DeathCompany]
    #8220641 -

DeathCompany said:
Well Im a psychology major and have taken a few classes on pharmacology so I do have a good understanding on the matter. Side effects vary from person to person, some have none while others do which is why they go through the various medications to find the one that fits the person. The only time a medication ca be sold is when the intended use outweighs the side effects. People with a natural predisposition of depression or anxiety can have the problem fixed through biological treatment. Not all anti depressants have major side effects. For example tryptophan has shown great improvement with little to no negative side effects.



Well I'm a major in having personally taken every pharmaceutical on the market and being a human guinea pig for the corporation of professional pill pushers, so I have a VERY good understanding on the matter and the effect that each individual drug has on the mind and body. If the only time a medication can be sold is when the intended use outweighs the side effects, they are feeding you a bunch of bullshit in school. Honestly that paragraph you just wrote sounds like something you could read on the back of a pamphlet promoting Prozac or something, they are training you well. Side effects do indeed vary from person to person.. like person X may only become 50% of a zombie while person D becomes 90% of a zombie. The inability to have an orgasm only occurs in probably, oh I dont know.. only 93% of paxil users. And prozac makes you a fucking psycho I don't care who uses it. The real truth is, the side effects outweighs the intended use tenfold.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220644 -

Nature is big. Pretty much any chemical we could come up with probably exists in nature. For example SSRIs do, that much we know. Seems like I read somewhere that most pharmaceuticals are based on natural chemicals. They just come up with analogs so they can patent them.

These analogs may or may not be better than the natural chemicals they are based on, but they are patentable, so that's what they give us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220648 -

Do what you feel is best but be just carefull with meds.


--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser



Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220659 -

Shroomism said:
DeathCompany said:
Well Im a psychology major and have taken a few classes on pharmacology so I do have a good understanding on the matter. Side effects vary from person to person, some have none while others do which is why they go through the various medications to find the one that fits the person. The only time a medication ca be sold is when the intended use outweighs the side effects. People with a natural predisposition of depression or anxiety can have the problem fixed through biological treatment. Not all anti depressants have major side effects. For example tryptophan has shown great improvement with little to no negative side effects.



Well I'm a major in having personally taken every pharmaceutical on the market and being a human guinea pig for the corporation of professional pill pushers, so I have a VERY good understanding on the matter and the effect that each individual drug has on the mind and body. If the only time a medication can be sold is when the intended use outweighs the side effects, they are feeding you a bunch of bullshit in school. Honestly that paragraph you just wrote sounds like something you could read on the back of a pamphlet for Prozac or something, they are teaching you well.




Yes they are and I prefer to use logic in my arguments rather than personal opinion. Saying theres a natural remdy for everyone is a VERY bold statement. Most natural remedies show very little positive outcome rate. Some people it does work while others it doesn't. Usually it doesn't and most of the time its placebo. What exactly do you mean by putting on a chemical smile?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220661 -

Shroomism said:
DeathCompany said:
Well Im a psychology major and have taken a few classes on pharmacology so I do have a good understanding on the matter. Side effects vary from person to person, some have none while others  do which is why they go through the various medications to find the one that fits the person. The only time a medication ca be sold is when the intended use outweighs the side effects. People  with a natural predisposition of depression or anxiety can have the problem fixed through biological treatment. Not all anti depressants have major side effects. For example tryptophan has shown great improvement with little to no negative side effects.



Well I'm a major in having personally taken every pharmaceutical on the market and being a human guinea pig for the corporation of professional pill pushers, so I have a VERY good understanding on the matter and the effect that each individual drug has on the mind and body. If the only time a medication can be sold is when the intended use outweighs the side effects, they are feeding you a bunch of bullshit in school. Honestly that paragraph you just wrote sounds like something you could read on the back of a pamphlet for Prozac or something, they are teaching you well.



Word Shroomism, we should get together sometime and write a book. :smile:

Guys, throw all your god dam pills and herbs and shit out the window and just live naturally and be healthy. Stop searching for a fucking plant or a pill to make your shit go away, it does not work that way. You have to do it yourself. Easier said then done, it is possible, quite amazing really. Depression and all this other crap is a natural human experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #8220666 -

Baby_Hitler said:
Nature is big. Pretty much any chemical we could come up with probably exists in nature. For example SSRIs do, that much we know. Seems like I read somewhere that most pharmaceuticals are based on natural chemicals. They just come up with analogs so they can patent them.

These analogs may or may not be better than the natural chemicals they are based on, but they are patentable, so that's what they give us.



Exactly, you nailed it. You can't patent nature and make money off it.
So they take some nature, and strip some nature out of it.. add some different nature.. and strip away some of that nature.
What you have left is some kind of frankenstein.

But that's all the pharmaceutical industry cares about - MONEY.
Money, Money, Money.

They don't give two shits about the health of the mass of the people - physical OR mental. They never have.

It's always been about money. And how much profit they can make off the suffering of others.


REMEMBER - YOU DONT MAKE MONEY FROM CURES. ONLY TREATMENTS.
These pills are designed to "treat" you forever. There is no cure. It's all about money. And keeping you "sick" forever, so that you buy pills forever.

How else would they make their trillions? Certainly not by curing people.. that would be silly. That would kill profits. It's not practical.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220704 -

And that's pretty much how ALL technology has always worked. Most technology isn't designed to help people or make the world a better place. It's designed to make a profit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: DeathCompany]
    #8220724 -

DeathCompany said:
Yes they are and I prefer to use logic in my arguments rather than personal opinion. Saying theres a natural remdy for everyone is a VERY bold statement. Most natural remedies show very little positive outcome rate. Some people it does work while others it doesn't. Usually it doesn't and most of the time its placebo. What exactly do you mean by putting on a chemical smile?



Well then I would please ask for you to kindly cite what natural remedies show very little positive outcome, and how these magical pills outperform any natural remedy available on the planet Earth.

And what I mean by a chemical smile is exactly that - a chemical smile. You are not happy inside. These pills do NOTHING to treat the source, they only mask the symptoms. That's what makes money, treating symptoms.. not the problem itself. And if you tell me my experience is subjective I will agree, but I will also say I know many others exactly like myself with the exact same experience, so I know I am not alone in this. These pills may be helpful for a few, but they are prescribed to the majority, who DO NOT NEED THEM. I think I could safely say that the vast majority of people prescribed on most anti-psychotics and anti-depressants suffer worse side effects than what they are being treated for... and MOST of the time the treatment doesn't even work anyway. These pills are WAY overprescribed at the DROP OF A HAT, don't give me some BS about them caring about weighing the possible side effects with what they are trying to treat, they don't.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #8220730 -

Yep I was taught that in my class as well(not that I didn't already know it). But the companies do want their product to work. After all the better the product the more they sell the more $ they make. These products do work but not for everyone just because your experience has been negative doesn't mean EVERYONE in the entire world is going to share the same outcome. The biology of the human mind isn't simple. There are always variables.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220738 -

Shroomism said:
You can't patent nature and make money off it.



Monsanto is doing a good job of it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220748 -

But it's been about money for everyone and natural remedies are no exception.

Growth of natural and herbal remedies is through the roof and yields billions each year. Just because it's labeled "natural" doesn't mean they care.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: DeathCompany]
    #8220758 -

DeathCompany said:
Yep I was taught that in my class as well(not that I didn't already know it). But the companies do want their product to work. After all the better the product the more they sell the more $ they make. These products do work but not for everyone just because your experience has been negative doesn't mean EVERYONE in the entire world is going to share the same outcome. The biology of the human mind isn't simple. There are always variables.



If the human brain is not so simple then who is any lab technician one to make up some weird molecule to do anything useful. People who think these pills are working are just believing that they are working, when they really are not. So Mr. College guy, what makes Prozac so useful, what part of the chemical structure is so genius about it? How many of these pills have you used and for how many years?

You make the human brain complicated then yes it is going to be really fucking complicated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: badchad]
    #8220778 -

That is also true.. but a big part of the problem is that herbal remedies are not regulated or recognized by the FDA as helping anything.. so there are no checks and balances to ensure quality. Many of the so called natural companies growing herbs are producing them in bulk and using methods which degrade the quality and potency significantly. These companies are the same as the pharmaceutical in that they are just after a profit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Im going to see a psychiatrist....opinions please? phishytrip 2,738 17 02/23/05 12:15 PM
by niteowl
* Fucking.
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 9,260 36 08/29/03 04:46 AM
by geokills
* Fuck PETA!
( 1 2 3 all )
ToTheSummit 7,312 45 12/19/03 08:48 PM
by Adom
* am I fucked?.... need advice Turd 2,673 11 04/03/04 06:42 PM
by enotake2
* fucking scary creature
( 1 2 3 all )
Lazerouth 9,731 55 09/30/03 02:55 AM
by DankBluntZ
* Fucking lady upstairs!
( 1 2 all )
Killjoy 7,902 29 03/24/03 10:00 AM
by Killjoy
* Fucking people that eat all of your fucking food MOTH 1,625 11 03/15/04 07:38 PM
by Ripple
* Shroomery smileys are all fucked up Flux 1,040 11 06/03/04 04:34 PM
by Requiem

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,059 topic views. 4 members, 115 guests and 202 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.