Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

Consciousness explained........
    #818083 - 08/15/02 02:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Each time I trip I find myself at a point where it feels as if I am trying to escape myself. I'll go from room to room thinking that a change of scenery will pull me from the loop of self-thought. It's the damnedest feeling!
I dabble in philosophy, Sartre mostly, and found two excellent statements which refer to the anxiety that I experience:

"Consciousness is terrified of it?s own spontaneity, because it feels this spontaneity as beyond freedom."

This first statement I find intrigueing because it is that constant thought process that we all feel as we trip.
It is definitely beyond freedom since we cannot control it.

"There is something anguishing for each of us, to experience directly this tireless creation of an existence of which we are not the creators. At this level man has the impression of ceaselessly escaping from himself, of overflowing himself, of an abundance always unexpected taking him by surprise."

This statement to is directly the point of what I am trying to grasp. Ego, will, consciousness and self are words that we all know and use. But under the influence, when our seretonin is thrown into disarray, the agony of self is just too much for the brain to handle. It is also at the root of the feeling to want to end the trip by any means necessary, that I hear of and read about so often in the trip report section.

Reflective, or inward loops catch me everytime. Face to face with our very existence, stripped bare, can be somewhat overwhelming. Very overwhelming!

I'd like to hear if anyone else finds themselves in the same "crisis".

Bullfrog1

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Consciousness explained........ [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #818120 - 08/15/02 02:53 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It is never easy looking at oneself in the mirror. Rather than run from the loop of self-thought, embrace it and allow yourself to be consumed... to experience true freedom. Fear of loosing oneself make it difficult, but the rewards when fear is overcome are well worth the effort.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

#818164 - 08/15/02 03:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I allow my body to submit to It.
I allow my will to submit to It.
I allow my heart and LUV to submit to It.

I sometimes find this terror Bullfrog1, but when I am face-to-face with It, I allow as much submission as possible to happen.
Relax............let go..........escape.............

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

Re: Consciousness explained........ [Re: Seuss]
    #819187 - 08/16/02 03:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Seuss,
Yes, trying to release is my problem. The responsibilities of familty, work and friendship bind so deeply that there isn't time for anything else, so it seems. Lack of self indulgence on my behalf is the source of my inability to let go.
As people get older, they lock themselves into responsibility and the means of escape are few.

Bullfrog1

--------------------

Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
    #823579 - 08/17/02 02:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I do quite a lot. I think you have to learn to let go. Unfortunatly this is easier said than done.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology