Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: does consciousness take up space? [Re: Swami]
    #2254370 - 01/19/04 09:30 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

PM me for anyone interested in Consciousness Compacts. They are small, cute acrylic, metal or hardwood containers to put your consciousness in. Please specify material desired and natural color, black, silver or navy blue. $14.95 retail.

:lol: do they come on key chain?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: does consciousness take up space? [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #2255965 - 01/20/04 12:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

If I gave the impression that I met Edgar Cayce, I didn't mean to. I had a book of his once, and I lost it, but I give him a lot of credits for my beliefs.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: does consciousness take up space? [Re: Shizpow]
    #2256047 - 01/20/04 12:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

To be conscious is to be aware. To be conscious of one's existence and one's self is to be aware of one's existence and self. To be aware requires a mind. Unless you're saying that thought can take place outside of a mind. And if you're saying that, what the hell does that even mean? Show me a mindless thing that is self aware.

How do you know anyone but yourself has consciousness?

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Invisiblemuhurgle
Turtles all theway down

Re: does consciousness take up space? [Re: 1stimer]
    #2256244 - 01/20/04 01:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

How do you know anyone but yourself has consciousness?

How do you know that you have consciousness? That there even is a you?

Several experiments on the brain (by Libet for example) have shown that what we perceive as the conscious decision to do something (lift an arm for example), arrives after the corresponding part of the brain (the one which controls the arm) have been activated. If those experiments hold up, then maybe what we perceive as consciousness is nothing more than rationalizations.

--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: does consciousness take up space? [Re: muhurgle]
    #2256333 - 01/20/04 02:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Several experiments on the brain (by Libet for example) have shown that what we perceive as the conscious decision to do something (lift an arm for example), arrives after the corresponding part of the brain (the one which controls the arm) have been activated. If those experiments hold up

Yes, very interesting experiments! As far as I know they have been reproduced several times and they hold up. I will try to find some links.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2256343 - 01/20/04 02:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yeah I read some studies like that... I forgot the details

but if it's true, consciousness can be analogous to wake turbulence - all the action takes place after the decision has already been made.

Offlinestara
addict

Re: does consciousness take up space? [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2256435 - 01/20/04 02:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I read this whole thread and I think that we as humans can think only as humans as we're humans ;imagine the first energy source ,space was created from this energy when he/she/it gots aware of himself/itsef/herself.This is consciousness and has nothing to do with brain and human.This cosmic consciousness then show himself as the universe for our human brains,however that's what we perceive so far and though this isn't a conclusion I believe that stones and mountains also have consciousness as it's said in some religions.
What do you think?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: does consciousness take up space? [Re: stara]
    #2256514 - 01/20/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely, cosmic consciousness... what I really want to get into is Zen. I need to look further into it...

Check out Handbook To Higher Consciousness by Ken Keys Jr, it is possible to follow it all the way up to cosmic consciousness, but most people will never go that far... basically all desire and individual perspective is eliminated.

Of course, nothing wrong with staying in the higher levels of consciousness and occasionally sneaking up to cosmicness. :wink:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2256634 - 01/20/04 03:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

- Consciousness Explained, Daniel C. Dennett.

Offlinestara
addict

Re: does consciousness take up space? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2256685 - 01/20/04 04:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

exactly where we feel the cosmic consciousness is by its effects like power .And there  happening a lot of things in the universe though we cannot catch and feel but they're happening independent on us.It's like mountains can speak but  we don't understand ...;probably there are some people who understand their language:)Also it's told in an old chinase book(Foucault quotes it in his work 'Order of things') that there were a language once that enables universe to interact each other which is destroyed in Babylon to punish the humanitas.After that each group created his own language so far remembering and containing some parts of the ancient speach;it's told probably the neariest to it is the Hebrew language. This language is also  like the one which is  spoken by ancient dragons in the book 'The Eartsea Quartet' of Ursula Le Guin.And there is a translator cold 'Babylon' :laugh:

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: does consciousness take up space? [Re: stara]
    #2256705 - 01/20/04 04:12 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

where we feel the cosmic consciousness is by its effects like power .And there happening a lot of things in the universe though we cannot catch and feel but they're happening independent on us.

I don't get it. What has power to do with cosmic consciousness? What is happening independent on us? What do you mean? ???? Babylon and cosmic consiousness :confused:

Invisiblemuhurgle
Turtles all theway down

Re: does consciousness take up space? [Re: Annom]
    #2256867 - 01/20/04 05:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks Annom. That's kinda funny actually, since I've just started reading Consciousness Explained by Dennett now, but I haven't got to that part yet. Read about the Libet experiment in another book (The Meme Machine by Susan Blackmore), some time ago.

--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

Offlinestara
addict

Re: does consciousness take up space? [Re: Annom]
    #2256973 - 01/20/04 05:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry about my english!I meant we humans cannot realize the metapsychic unless we live weird cases we can't explain with science,however some people still ignore them.With power it's the same ;you feel the power(government,authority..)when you're stopped by a cop when driving.And Babylon is the place in miths where the cosmic speach had been destroyed by cosmos(god,Tao,...)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom