Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate?
    #8136865 -

If McCain's win in november hasn't already been sealed... I bet a McCain/Powell combo would do it.


Not only that... but it would be really funny... seeing as how all the KKK and neonazis are gonna vote republican.... this way no batter who ran, they'd be forced to vote for a black man. HAH!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: BrAiN]
    #8137003 -

I have a great respect for Colin Powell.

I wish he would have run this year.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8137019 -

Dropping his name in the VP slot for the republicans would get a lot of undecided voters

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: BrAiN]
    #8137040 -

I saw an interview with him saying he won't publically endorse any candidate, but he also said he thought ALL the candidates would be GREAT leaders.

I like Powell a lot, but he wouldn't get me to vote for a flip-flopper like McCain.

Please don't flame, we all know he changed his position on a lot of policies after last summer. I've watched McCains career for a couple of years now, and he's not the same candidate as I hoped he would be.


--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: dill705]
    #8137057 -

agreed... although I think he's pandering to the more conservative crowd, I still think deep down, he has more tact and it'll show after he's not competing for the lead

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: BrAiN]
    #8137068 -

I'm probably in the minority of dems in liking Saigon John.

I really don't think he's a bad guy. I don't view him in anything like the same light I view G-Dub in.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8137114 -

IMO the VP slot is more important than usual this year.


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8137146 -

I wouldn't say that before figuring out who the VP's are going to be

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: BrAiN]
    #8137159 -

Why lonestar?

Afraid McCain is gonna croak?


--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: dill705]
    #8137207 -

Because after G-Dub people are starting to realize that

a) Presidents are just puppets
b) All presidential candidates suck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: dill705]
    #8137216 -

yes


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: ApJunkie]
    #8137229 -

ApJunkie said:
Because after G-Dub people are starting to realize that

a) Presidents are just puppets
b) All presidential candidates suck.



Sorry, not that jaded yet.

Talk to me after a few more presidential cycles...


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8143834 -

I have a lot of respect for Powell. Both McCain and Powell have a lot of appeal to the independents. I think the main drawback would be that both Powell and McCain are in their seventies.

My first pick, though, would be Mitt Romney. I have nothing but respect for him. He is someone who understands economics very well, really were McCain is rather weak.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: BrAiN]
    #8143893 -

Fred Thompson FTW.





Phred


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: Phred]
    #8143953 -

Phred said:
Fred Thompson FTW.





Phred



The point of having a Vice President is to have someone to succeed the President should he die.

Choosing someone who many are convinced is dead already would be counter-productive.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: Phred]
    #8143961 -

Mitt Romney was and is, quite obviously, an economic genius.

However, his political life was a joke. You don't last long when you change you're postion on EVERYTHING when you decide to run for pesident.

It's also bad when you LOOK full of yourself.


--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8143973 -

I have no problem with Fred, but agree with Mad -- Fred is too old.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: klimt]
    #8143984 -

klimt said:
I have no problem with Fred, but agree with Mad -- Fred is too old.



Not only that he is too old, but that his personal stamina and vigor seem to be so low as to be practically nonexistent.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: klimt]
    #8144011 -

dill705: Romney is not full of himself. I agree with you that he has changed his positions, but I really think those are his original positions; he did the pandering when he ran for governor.

Regardless, I like how is an outsider, a business legend, full of energy, and is competent for the job. My main issue is competency; I find it to be lacking in all the candidates right now.

Mad: You're right about that too.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if Colin Powell was McCain's running mate? [Re: klimt]
    #8145240 -

I guess I just don't like the way he was in debates, his agruments we're kinda made out to be a my way or the highway (his tone and his facial expressions contibuted) and he has that way of "faking happiness" when he would smile after McCain would blast him.

McCain isn't my favorite either.

B-Rock clap clap B-Rock

You know it's gonna catch on. Colin Powell might just wanna be his running mate. Would you guys vote for him then?


--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Colin Powell to resign gdman 341 0 11/15/04 09:08 AM
by gdman
* Colin Powell thinks Neocons are "Fucking Crazy"
( 1 2 all )
KingOftheThing 1,533 24 09/16/04 01:35 PM
by DoctorJ
* Good Bye Diplomacy; Colin Powell 'Resigns'
( 1 2 all )
Gijith 1,737 26 11/17/04 06:00 AM
by CJay
* Powell: "some reasons for war were deliberately misleading"
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 3,029 51 05/18/04 05:58 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* New Bush Ad Features McCain Endorsement fft2 986 10 07/08/04 09:25 AM
by afoaf
* Powell softens public for Syria, Iran Invasions EchoVortex 804 3 03/31/03 11:20 AM
by friartuck
* Powell getting tetchy.. Xlea321 486 1 02/15/03 07:14 AM
by carbonhoots
* Powell WMD doubts before war Xlea321 914 9 06/01/03 11:00 AM
by jp411896

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
2,371 topic views. 2 members, 2 guests and 18 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.