Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Question On Making DVDS
    #8100846 -

Okay, so I only have a regular cd burner, but I have some episodes of some tv series that are in .avi format that are small enough to be burnt onto a regular burnt cd. Is there a program that can be used that will convert it into a format so that you could take the cd and put it into a dvd player and have it play?


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question On Making DVDS [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8100852 -

No, not unless the DVD player can play .avi files itself. You'd need actual DVD-R dicss.


--------------------
"Who can see the future? Those who create it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question On Making DVDS [Re: ofzeroconcern]
    #8100855 -

Yeah, but I'm wondering if there is anything that could convert the .avi into a recognizable format. :wink:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question On Making DVDS [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8100858 -

Yea I think you need mpeg format, just doa search on google "avi to mpeg" but be warned, I think it takes a long time to convert. I remember trying to do a dvd way back when and it wanted to take all day so I just clicked "fuck this" and shut down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question On Making DVDS [Re: blowingsm0ke]
    #8100864 -

Yeah fuck it, I can just burn them as data cds and if they want to watch them on dvd they can convert. :hehehe:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question On Making DVDS [Re: blowingsm0ke]
    #8100866 -

Oh, I should add, that instead of all the trouble to convert everything I had, I threw my old dvd player in the trash and went to circuit city, picked one up for $25, and it now plays everything. I can burn a straight avi and have it come up in the menu on the dvd player just like the thing is a little computer. Its really nice compared to my old POS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question On Making DVDS [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8100871 -

fireworks_god said:
Yeah fuck it, I can just burn them as data cds and if they want to watch them on dvd they can convert. :hehehe:



Yup, thats exactly what I did at first. Then I eventually got a new dvd player, like 6 months down the line, and like I said I didnt even have to convert at that point so it was a happy day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question On Making DVDS [Re: blowingsm0ke]
    #8100873 -

Yeah, I just have a few seasons of Jeeves And Wooster on my computer and I'm burning them for a friend. :smile:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question On Making DVDS [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8100874 -

fireworks_god said:
Yeah, I just have a few seasons of Jeeves And Wooster on my computer and I'm burning them for a friend. :smile:



Thats nice of ya, he should be happy hes getting anything right? :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question On Making DVDS [Re: blowingsm0ke]
    #8100881 -

She, but you're right. :lol:

Jeeves and Wooster is possibly the best television show ever. :yesnod:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question On Making DVDS [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8101269 -

You could also convert and burn them as vcds. That really wouldn't take long, especially if you have a good computer. I used to do that before i got a dvd burner. Vcds can be played on almost all standalone dvd players.

Here's a vcd compatibility by dvd player list if you are interested.
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers?DVDname=&vcd=1&Submit2=Search&Search=Search&viewall=0&order=0


--------------------
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* DVD audio in 5.1 ToTheSummit 812 2 03/14/03 02:04 PM
by Ulysees
* i make a mean...
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,647 27 06/04/20 09:21 PM
by 1234go
* turntables question djfrog 883 3 03/27/03 12:59 PM
by djfrog
* Chat question Ripple 842 5 01/30/03 09:48 AM
by
* Songs that make you cry..........
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Bullfrog1 27,727 127 09/05/22 05:49 PM
by oursoulsinmotion
* Overgrow question superpimp 1,527 8 06/18/07 07:14 PM
by Banez
* hey guys some questions about the ring movies -us & japanese minusrestraint 942 3 02/25/03 10:33 PM
by cybrbeast
* Making Friends Rule! Earth_Droid 1,333 6 03/12/03 02:08 PM
by Galvie_Flu

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
621 topic views. 3 members, 8 guests and 173 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.