Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Vision Grow Kits and Me
    #8077671 -

Vision Grow Kits

This is for newbs, lazy pros and basically anyone who is thinking about going through this guy.

So heres the deal. I decided to try out one of those premade kits with premade jars. On 2/10/08 I purchased the Ultra Kit with 12 jars. On the 15th I bought another 6 jars. Being a lazy guy I thought; why bother getting my TIT all separate? Ill just get it all plus jars, one stop shop right? WRONG. It is now the 19th day after purchase. NOTHING. After sending repeated emails asking what the hold up was i finally got one back.
"Death in the family."
OK I understand...I am patient. I then asked since it was 11 days later and it still hadnt even shipped, if he could just put all 2 of my orders in one box and put the extra $ into expediting the shipping.
NO RESPONSE
He then sends the Ultra kit via FedEx, then sends the other via the post office.
I gave him $35 to ship 15 pounds of goods. BULLSHIT
Mean while people who have ordered the same shit up to a week after me are getting their shit.(spoke to them)
Death in the family my fucking ass. I still havent even received anything.
This post is not just an attempt to say how shitty the communication or shipping of the product was/is. Or how badly this guy sucks at lying. This post started in my head about how well the product would work because I had seen other people looking for info on it. AND I WILL STICK TO THAT. as soon as I get it. If I get it...so check this post for day by day analysis on how badly or well this product works. It will be filled with the exact tek I use as well as pics and explanations of functionality. BY GOD...THIS PRODUCT WILL BE REVIEWED.

2-28-08
The kit arrived thankfully in one piece. It has been going through dry run testing to reach optimum levels. So far what I cant tell for sure is that in order for the temp in the incubation tub to keep itself at 85.5 degrees, the water in the tank tub has to be at 92.5 degrees. This may be different dependant on how much water goes into it.
The heater is not the greatest but trial and error will help in solving the temp puzzle.
The jars 18 of them intact and double foiled without tape over the holes. Inoculating tonight if all goes as planned. I will be using Hawkeyes Koh Samui SS and the so-called hybrid Z-strain. Pics tomorrow.

2-29-08
Well its seems that all it took to get this guys attention was 2 back to back negative feedbacks one with instruction to come see this post and one about how much the buy sucked. He sent me 2 emails right away one furthur apologizing and the other asking : "hey if we refund half the shipping, would you remove the negative feedbacks?"
Funny how fast people react when something potentially negative to business is seen. I tried to get a hold of this guy like 10 times before all this...no response, now...instant. Anywho pics will posted soon.

Edited by SLAG (03/01/08 06:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: SLAG]
    #8077693 -

You got riped off that site has scam written all over it he is just staling so you don't start a paypal complaint to get your money back then time runs out on it.

Better luck next time try a sponsor maybe and not some crap.


--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #8077715 -

yeah mang, ide always go through the sponsors. if the site advertises them there deffinatly legit.


--------------------
when i get up i wake-n-bake, take a pis and shake, my clock stops at 420 what you want me too say.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: nk pakelika]
    #8078991 -

I have also ordered from them recently and have not received my kit yet. Although I did get an fedex#..

My ex-boyfriend ordered one like a year ago and got it much faster then now, and it worked fine, even though i could have gone to the store and bought most of the stuff cheaper, but don't have the time with school and work to find everything, plus I need to buy a pressure cooker whcih i dont have

I did get an email about about a death in the family and trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but i will post once i get it too. good luck

Edited by isuchick (02/27/08 08:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: isuchick]
    #8082451 -

you'll have to keep me posted on how things turn out with it.:thumbup:


--------------------
I post lies to look cool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: isuchick]
    #8082481 -

If you have time to inoculate jars, set up the FC, pick shrooms, yada yada yada, then I don't see why you wouldn't have time to run to walmart and buy perlite, jars, a rubbermaid container, verm and brown rice. You don't need a PC for the PF tek.


--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: FooMan]
    #8082493 -

yeah...like I said...lazy stoner. However it appears that I been given the kick in the ass that I need.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: SLAG]
    #8083867 -

Ok,
Got my Kit today. I ordered the Ultra 6 jar Grow kit from Ebay. The box was dented, but I took everything out and it seems fine. I just filled the water and adjusted the heater, which is a pain in the butt, this heater that came with it is tough to get the settings right, but it seems to be working fine.

All in all It took about 12 days to my door, kinda long shipping but I'm happy. Like I said this was easier than running around to 5 different stores trying to peice this together myself.

I downloaded the directions and read through them, this seems pretty easy. The jars are brown and dont really smell like anything, i thought they would smell.

I guess I am confused on how to inject them so i dont contaminate them. The directions say use the "oven door" method where you put the jars in the oven or build a "glove box" is this really neccessary???? Cant i just spray lysol in a bathroom and inject?? Thats what my boyfriend did before.. any suggestions?

Edited by isuchick (02/28/08 10:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: isuchick]
    #8084953 -

yeah the hearter is a pain but i have the solution. I checked it this morning, inner tub is still 85 degrees, however the water temp has dropped to 92...found the happy medium. as far as inoculation goes, anywhere that has little to no air movement will do. the bathroom is nice as long as fans are off. Also bathrooms tend to be dirty places. I'll post a pic of my glove box that i made out of:
a cardboard box
duct tape
4" male pvc pipe
plastic wrap
5$


Edited by SLAG (02/29/08 04:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: SLAG]
    #8085213 -

Death in the family is probably the most overused eBay lie to buy more time and/or rip people off.


--------------------
"Who can see the future? Those who create it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: ofzeroconcern]
    #8087928 -

Alright, all good I think. I got the temp figured out, thanks for the help! My water temp was only 93, and the smaller tub was 82, and its stable now, so im not touching it.

I used their "oven technique" becuase it seemed the easiest.. (your glove box is nice) Im not that skilled :wink:

Now Its just a waiting game.. keep me updated on yours..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: isuchick]
    #8087953 -

The oven tek is pure garbage. If they recommended it, I would seriously question their myco knowledge. You don't need a glovebox or flow hood to inoculate PF jars. Those items are what you should use when doing agar work, grain transfers or anything else where you are exposing a sterile substrate to open air.


--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: isuchick]
    #8087982 -

I bought the 6 jar ultra kit also. I received mine in about 7 days. I set up the incubator on Feb 4th and inoculated the jars in open air (obviously not recommended)2 days later. Luckily for me only 2 got contaminated, but they were inoculated with a different syringe bought from a different store (thinking that may have been the cause). So far the other four jars are looking good. Probably about 98-99% no contams. I ended up buying another tupperware container with a clear lid to use a fruiting chamber. Setup will be shotgun style. I also bought some more perlite because one gallon size bag didn't seem like enough. I let you know how the rest goes with the kit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: isuchick]
    #8088824 -

no swet...good luck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: FooMan]
    #8088829 -

FooManShroom said:
The oven tek is pure garbage. If they recommended it, I would seriously question their myco knowledge. You don't need a glovebox or flow hood to inoculate PF jars. Those items are what you should use when doing agar work, grain transfers or anything else where you are exposing a sterile substrate to open air.



The info VGK sends with its kit a just a carbon copy of one the teks listed in here. Its literally the same thing just copied and pasted. I dont think its that they really think that its a good idea, I think he just doesnt care.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: rick0909]
    #8088831 -

rick0909 said:
I bought the 6 jar ultra kit also. I received mine in about 7 days. I set up the incubator on Feb 4th and inoculated the jars in open air (obviously not recommended)2 days later.



thats good news. I was really curious about their jars. Can you post a pic or two? keep me posted with how it goes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: FooMan]
    #8089314 -

FooManShroom said:
If you have time to inoculate jars, set up the FC, pick shrooms, yada yada yada, then I don't see why you wouldn't have time to run to walmart and buy perlite, jars, a rubbermaid container, verm and brown rice. You don't need a PC for the PF tek.



not to highjack the thread but can you for real get verm at walmart???? i know lowes sells it as ash bedding


--------------------
Guns, the only thing more dangerous is not having them.

Support the 2nd amendment or give up all your civil liberties.

Everything said by me is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vision Grow Kits and Me [Re: SLAG]
    #8089323 -

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Off topic. If you deal with non-sponsors you take a real risk of getting screwed. There's a reason they're not sponsors here.
RR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Help help my ... my grow kit rookieGe 4,951 6 06/05/02 05:55 AM
by UHID
* Grow kits from Netherlands, Legal or not?
( 1 2 3 all )
Apexx 12,435 46 10/28/02 12:35 PM
by SixTango
* grow kit question octopusofdoom 4,869 8 06/21/05 10:26 AM
by Doctor
* mushroommagic.com Grow kits luckyjew 4,324 7 01/01/02 10:02 PM
by Kobayashi
* Question about grow kit (Yeah.......I know......) cyberbod57 4,997 6 02/06/02 01:54 PM
by Brugman
* grow kits frenzy 2,795 4 07/23/01 02:29 PM
by thegoldenteacher
* blueing and pinched heads - grow kit question mistyblue 2,207 4 09/21/02 07:22 PM
by FATT
* Have I F##ked this growing kit up need exper advic shroomapprentice 2,593 2 05/22/02 02:37 AM
by Anno

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
6,374 topic views. 17 members, 166 guests and 295 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.