Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemistyblue
Apprentice
Loc: Europe
blueing and pinched heads - grow kit question
    #897910 - 09/21/02 07:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The veils are starting to break on my first grow kit. I've picked 5 or so nice sized mushrooms, about 3 1/2 inches high, caps 1.5 cm diameter, and finger width stalks. But I have a couple of questions...

1. I've read that blue in the mycelium is psilocybin, the mushrooms i've picked are blue where i've touched them (which i'm assuming is bruising) but they also blue right through the middle of the stalk, from top to bottom. Is this good?

2. I've noticed than some of my pins have got fatter and started to develop caps, but then as the caps becomes recognisable the body below starts to pinch, get really thin right to the cap, like the stalk has been sharpened like a pencil. Is this normal?

3. Also most of my mushrooms have white fluffy stuff growing all the way up the stalks. It smoothes to the touch, giving my shroomz a gloss finish. I thought it could be mycelium feeding of their moisture. Is it mycelium? Would this be ok to consume and more importantly would it be psychoactive?

thanks for taking the trouble to read my questions. Any advice would be welcome.

My setup is: plastic bowl w/ fish tank heater at 26oC and grow kit, inch deep in water, and covered with a clear plastic dome. This is tilted to allow air exchange and that gap is stuffed with cotton wool. I started about two weeks ago, maybe longer and my mushrooms are growing quite gradually, definitely not popping up overnight, although same sporadically gain size quite quickly.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: blueing and pinched heads - grow kit question [Re: mistyblue]
    #898003 - 09/21/02 07:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

1) psilocin is bruising blue when in contact with hands etc your shrooms look like okee

2) what strain is it?

3) no fluffy stuff doesnt sound good to me if ALL the shroom is covered with it!! but how the stems have a gloss finish if they r covered by fluffy stuff??

Kykeon  :grin:
athens, greece 

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Invisiblemistyblue
Apprentice
Loc: Europe
Re: blueing and pinched heads - grow kit question [Re: kykeon]
    #898049 - 09/21/02 08:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

1) psilocin is bruising blue when in contact with hands etc your shrooms look like okee

woohoo!

2) what strain is it?

its psilocybin cubensis mexican

3) no fluffy stuff doesnt sound good to me if ALL the shroom is covered with it!! but how the stems have a gloss finish if they r covered by fluffy stuff??

the stems are covered almost to the cap. it looks like the stuff that appeared on the vermiculite surface before forming pins. the gloss finish comes when i stroke the shroomz, like grooming a dogs hair. sorry about the crap similie, am righteously stoned  :smirk:

OfflineFATT
Farmer Ted
Loc: cow field,under a pie
    #898209 - 09/21/02 09:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The white fuzzy stuff is mycelium, it grows about half way up the stalk usually. The blueing is perfectly normal, not a source of concern. :wink:

OfflineFATT
Farmer Ted
Loc: cow field,under a pie
    #898213 - 09/21/02 09:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Oh yeah, the skinny stalk is normal to, its just the way it is.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation