Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Behind the bars of my mind.
    #8071564 - 02/26/08 08:17 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I feel stuck on my own thoughts constantly...literally-buried inside of my mind; the sensation of being trapped to a large degree. Nothing is over a particular instance, but rather everything. One thought coat tails another in some vicious web; I feel exhausted, hopeless, and stuck...especially when thoughts about purpose of existence surface.

It is difficult for me to break from this and enjoy any social interaction, which has never happened before. At one time I was very personable, but anymore I'd rather turn to reading and playing guitar than so much as crossing paths with another person.

I feel ungodly small and insignificant in the scheme of things, and ultimately hopeless.

I'm not sure if this is a sign of depression or if I am going insane.

I've spoken to some friends about this briefly and while some admit to experiencing similar emotions (and say they just wait things out for lack of a better routine), others are utterly oblivious.

I would like to know if any of you can relate and if so, how to expel it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewickedscepter
Freedom Fighter
Male

Re: Behind the bars of my mind. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8071634 - 02/26/08 08:55 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineJoseLibrado
return

Re: Behind the bars of my mind. [Re: wickedscepter]
    #8071862 - 02/26/08 10:04 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

"I feel ungodly small and insignificant in the scheme of things, and ultimately hopeless."

To say you are small and insignificant, would mean that you understand compleltley the entire universe and more importantly its magnitude.

These terms you have used to guide your life are causing you distress and they should, we just dont have any motivation to learn when we are happy! YOu need this sadness to motivate your life to finding out who you are.

Presently I think , I AM.

SO i suggest following that you are insignificant in the grand scheme of things only if you are completley certain what the magnitude of the scheme or universe is.

I doubt sincerley that any one person can understand this and know it, beyond the fabric of pure imagination. And so i doubt that any one person can know their significance, their value, in relation to this, uncertain question; what is the grand scheme of things?

I doubt the question exists, with any validity. And i sincerly suggest for you to revisit what 'scheme' means, before anything and believing firmly in anything arising from it.
Peace and Ease to us.:heart:

--------------------
The mind is a creative tool. It searches to protect you, through message sensations(feelings). It is no different than a computer, you need to make sure its anti-virus program is in check and that it doesnt have a script that limits your experience, because of to much precaution.

And remember the computer does not appear to respond to words of anger and frustration - just give it input, in the form of new meanings that you know to be true and its messages to you and the limits it lays out for you, will change.

Guilt is an outcome of believing you are the cause of the problems.

Yet, we are not a cause to something, we see is negative or bad - Unless you believe your intentions are directed towards a bad outcome....

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Behind the bars of my mind. [Re: wickedscepter]
    #8071943 - 02/26/08 10:39 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wickedscepter said:
Meditation can help you.

:thumbup:

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Behind the bars of my mind. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8072567 - 02/26/08 01:32 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
I feel stuck on my own thoughts constantly...literally-buried inside of my mind; the sensation of being trapped to a large degree. Nothing is over a particular instance, but rather everything. One thought coat tails another in some vicious web; I feel exhausted, hopeless, and stuck...especially when thoughts about purpose of existence surface.

Compulsive thinking is debilitating and very common. Meditation is what helped me too.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineSynapseSnap
Dreamachine
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: Behind the bars of my mind. [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8075763 - 02/27/08 01:41 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I don't even meditate that much (though I do enjoy it, and have noticed undeniable results, and would like to do it everyday), but when I find my mind slipping back into that spiral of thought that invariably comes around to existence and consciousness and all that, I meditate, let my mind rest, and I'm right as rain.

Very soon I'll be getting back into a structured schedule of exercise and meditation everyday, both of which go a very long way to help keep you balanced and in the moment. You should try it too.

--------------------
"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Behind the bars of my mind. [Re: SynapseSnap]
    #8086118 - 02/29/08 01:12 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I think what you're experiencing is simply the basic human reaction to huge amounts of information/questions. I know that after the first few times I smoked weed, I began to constantly ask myself questions about things surrounding me, about life and people and purpose and consciousness and existence and everything else I didn't understand. Eventually I realized that I had the power to control my thoughts and they just stopped. I'm still very socially uncomfortable in this society but it's under control...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order