Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Torturous mind... [Re: poke smot!]
    #8100220 - 03/04/08 12:28 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

poke smot! said:
You're not alone.

I don't want to reccomend anyone jump to conclusions, but I get impulsive thoughts that I don't want. You're modifying body could be seen as a way of self-mutilation. I don't cut myself, but others with borderline personality do. I was diagnosed with borderline after going through a lot of shit with bipolar and such. Apparently bipolar is caused by borderline sometimes.

Look up borderline personality disorder. If you match a good number of the criteria, you need help. Help's out there just waiting.

listen to this guy. You also need to ween away from things like piercing and other acts of self mutilation becuase you are using them as a means to escape your own issues. You need to go to a behavioral psychotherapist. Possibly get on some medication if necessary.

When you hear these thoughts, it is best not to try and struggle against them, resist them or fight them in any way. A more productive way to deal with them when they occur is to listen to the message, label it (or flag it) as a neurotic message, and let it pass through you. Then you need to focus your attention back onto something realistic, after youve accepted the thought that just occured as a negative thought and let it pass. It is important that every time you regain focus on something REAL that you are doing. It would also be smart to find several activities you enjoy and can use that requires focused attention so you can do this when you need to, or feel like you are having a hard time focusing on something positive.

It is important that you seek behavioral therapy for this, a good therapist CAN PROVIDE HELP

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

Re: Torturous mind... [Re: zorbman]
    #8100918 - 03/04/08 09:15 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

guys, the original post is almost four years old and he hasnt been to the shroomery for 2!

hopefully he is better now, to whichever extent. most hopefully completely!

The time and nature of his post parallels my journey and experiences.

And I am doing awesome! Profoundly so.
I am thankful and have learnt much.
Recovery. Becoming. Manifesting///

It's an ongoing process of renewal. From out the bleak can come the beautiful, the fantastic, the incredible - the strong.

Before i realised how dated the post was i was going to say this:

"Did you know that the butterfly is more magical than even he realises, and do you know, from nothing but thought and prayer and discovery, or just from nothing but you, a new pair radiant wings will grow beneath the old, the tattered resting upon them, merging as one in soaring flight?
Because he is and they will."

because the super-emergant poetry is the suffering man's scream
and i recognised myself
and wanted to help him/i
on the terms that his suffering most wished to impart, aside from the pain; the pretty.

dude's probably all better
i feel certain

oh and ps!
Quote:

zorbman said:
I am not a religious person and don't normally quote the Bible but there is a good line in there:

Resist not evil.

Think about it..

that reminded me of something the author Paolo Coelho wrote

-'The Warrior of light does not fear evil. When evil he meets, he calmly invites him into his tent. Seeing it has nothing for him, the Warrior dismisses evil, and simply journeys on.'

--------------------
read books

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Torturous mind... [Re: Jackenobi]
    #8101205 - 03/04/08 11:26 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ah. Mindspin ghost-bumped the thread. Well maybe this thread can help someone else since Hypnotoad has moved on. His last post was not long after he posted this thread.

It does seem like he got on the right path based upon a subsequent post of his that I found:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/2982858#Post2982858

From that post:

"One must kill the attachment to impermanent things.Alot of one's suffering is caused by attachment to impermanent things.

One holds all the answers the only thing missing is the right question.And then when one finds the right question,contemplation will bring the answer out from the deep recesses of one.

The fear of nothingness comes from attachment to the world.When one gives up attachment to the world...there is no sorrow for lost items,no sorrow if there is nothing..

Ill thoughts are best avoided..

"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart."

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineMan in the Box
 User Gallery

Re: Torturous mind... [Re: DimensionX]
    #8102369 - 03/04/08 05:26 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry if this comment is a little off topic. It is directed to zorbman who said that this quote was a good line from the bible:

Quote:

Resist not evil.

Doesn't that simply imply "resist the good" since the double negatives in that quote, "not" and "evil," make it a positive, am I wrong? You could be giving these poor people the exact advice that they dont need!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder