Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Lovely mushies need ID please
    #80295 -

Liberty caps do not grow in cow shit. They grow in sedge grasses. This mushroom that you have found is not a psilocybe, in fact it is a grey mycena. All psilocybea have certain characteristics which make them identifiable. I see this mushroom all the time when I look for cyans, and it is nothing important.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lovely mushies need ID please [Re: Dan]
    #80297 -

I found a patch of like 10,000 of those little imposters!I hate them, they always catch my eye,but then I look and in 2 seconds I know its one of those myceanas.I hate them.

------------------
Why you think I should wear a motorcycle helmet, why don't you wear it.Put on some wings like a parot.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lovely mushies need ID please [Re: Dan]
    #80298 -

cool, what are some of the characteristics that made you know that it was that myceana? Also, it was not growing in shit, it was growing near the base of a tree in my friends old horse pasture, next to shit I'm sure. I also find a bunch that look almost the same except that they're much lighter brown, about same color gills, and a stem that kind of changes from light to dark. Those grow in basically the same area as the others that I have the pics posted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lovely mushies need ID please [Re: Dan]
    #80299 -

Bongboy-

Grab a copy of a good mushroom ID book, maybe P. Mushrooms of the World by Stamets or something. It will have both macroscopic and microscopic properties to look for.

Just glad you're asking around - too many people eat everything they find. :wink:

/aoxomoxoa/

------------------
Nothin' left to do but
smile, smile, smile...



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lovely mushies need ID please [Re: Dan]
    #80300 -

Don't eat every thing you find. By a book if you're going to be a shroom hunter. Otherwise you'll die very soon, and then how can you trip?

------------------
I'm a sloth



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mushie ID needed! RageX13 1,413 3 10/01/02 09:33 AM
by RageX13
* Mushie-ID... ChronicSmoker 2,858 10 11/14/02 06:07 PM
by viscid
* ID plz.
( 1 2 all )
Jackhammer2113 1,793 23 03/06/18 05:22 PM
by Doc9151
* Positive ID with a Microscope sublimished 2,335 5 03/23/04 06:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Need help ID'ing kiwi shrooms.... Peace_Patrol 5,365 15 03/23/06 05:03 PM
by SleepAid
* Look whats growing on my lawn(ID plz) w/pic's Number9 2,771 12 07/14/03 08:21 PM
by debianlinux
* Florida Macrocybe titans young? need id (pics) MagmaManiac 2,174 8 12/13/02 09:08 AM
by
* Need id please! Purple_Voyage 2,554 10 10/16/02 11:11 AM
by Purple_Voyage

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
3,908 topic views. 1 members, 24 guests and 57 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.